Doomsday Arcade: Episode 23

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I think this might be the best episode yet. It had comedy, action, editing, cameos, etc. Too bad in one of the best episodes Lund is brain-dead.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I already thought this series was awesome, but now it's downright epic. Looks like the switch to monthly did you well. This episode was amazing. Gordon being actually mute is something I've considered canon for the longest time. (You should've learned to say that sentence in real sign language, though.)

Schlen

Feb 11, 2009
I'm speechless...
'twas made of awesome, you really outdid yourselves! Bravo!

*EDIT*
Big Y looks pretty pissed :S and Big R makes me think of John Funk (Vid review of Stalin vs Martians)

Jul 9, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
orannis62 said:
orannis62 said:
Yeah, Alyx wasn't that bad to me, but I could see how some people would find her bad enough that this could be a reasonable exaggeration.
Alyx is the main reason why I won't play Episode 1 again. Bordering on Navi level irritation.
Oh come on, she's not that bad! I mean, what do you dislike so much about her?
Unlimited ammo. Automatic shot. Gets in the way, but won't do what you want her to. Basically everything that really hacks me off about A.I.s in co-op shooters. They won't adapt and just stand in front of you blocking the way. Equally with the L4D2 plank-bots.

Razor sharp accuracy, stubble brains.
I suppose, but I feel it's made up for in this case, at least partially, by the fact that her personality is so good, although I'm very aware I'm entering YMMV territory here.
Schlen said:
I'm speechless...
'twas made of awesome, you really outdid yourselves! Bravo!

*EDIT*
Big Y looks pretty pissed :S and Big R makes me think of John Funk (Vid review of Stalin vs Martians)
Yeah, my first thought was "Bulshevik on bicycle!"

Feb 13, 2008
orannis62 said:
]I suppose, but I feel it's made up for in this case, at least partially, by the fact that her personality is so good, although I'm very aware I'm entering YMMV territory here.
True, I just find bots to be either Excellent (Counterstrike, L4D (mostly)) or dumb schmucks that stand in front of your gun. Alyx's character is actually very good, though I have a soft spot for Mossman. It's always the bad girls.

Jul 9, 2008
orannis62 said:
]I suppose, but I feel it's made up for in this case, at least partially, by the fact that her personality is so good, although I'm very aware I'm entering YMMV territory here.
True, I just find bots to be either Excellent (Counterstrike, L4D (mostly)) or dumb schmucks that stand in front of your gun. Alyx's character is actually very good, though I have a soft spot for Mossman. It's always the bad girls.
Feh, Mossman wasn't that bad. From the beginning, she had good motives, and if you didn't see the way she betrayed Breen coming, I'll honestly be shocked.

DoE_Chi

Apr 15, 2009
This series just gets better and better. Well worth the wait: Yahtzee, Jamal, G-man's restraining order, Alyx, the puns... I WANT MORE!

Jim-a-Lim

Jan 10, 2009
Guys you are getting really good at these. Awesome work, well worth the extra little wait.

signingupforgames

Dec 20, 2009
I've lost sight of the story!!!!
oh wait. there it is. no. yes. no. yes.
I can't keep track.
Still, the series is getting better.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Russ Pitts said:
Bernzz said:
Yahtzee cameo...epic. So, the guy who was meant to be Kane was Russ...? Anyone mind filling me in on who Russ is?
I work here ;)
Oh, rightio then. Sorry about that mate xD

Mystyco

Oct 27, 2009
This is the first episode of the series that left me with a "wait, what?" face even after watching it again.

Awesome.