Doublebear's Dead State Is Fallout Plus Zombie Apocalypse

oranger

May 27, 2008
This looks sooo awesome its sick. And a turn based rpg? YES! and to all those silly people who say it will suck because it is turn based: go play something else. Its turn based, stop complaining and either leave or get behind it.

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
This is exactly what I have been wait for, for years...
...then I saw "Turn-based" ¬.¬
Well, it may still be decent, but I'd rather be able to just shoot, and rely on my own aiming (No matter how crap), than wait for actions in a turn-based battle...
this...

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Damn I wanted this so badly till I saw turn based...ah well maybe it will be the zombie game I always wanted.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Heh look at the ritalin crowd go into spasms at the thought of playing a turn based game. Seriously....sold is all I can say. Can we get it on Steam?
This is exactly what I thought as well. Every single bit of it.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Wow I've always wanted to play a game like this. Where you lead a group of survivors during a zombie apocalypse.

Also turned based does not mean the same thing as JRPG. If anything this game will be more of a strategy game than an rpg.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
There have been a spate of real time first person zombie games over the last few years. (Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, etc.) I'm happy to hear about a more startegically oriented, turn based, manager style approach. It has loads of potential and sounds very interesting.

As a side note, the game description reminds me of Star Wars: Rebellion. That is a good thing.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
No no no wrong memo, I said my dream game was Fallout 3 set in a zombie world not Fallout 1 and 2 (well maybe 2 cause it's more pervy :p but I mean gameplay). I will still play it but I would rather it wasn't turn-based.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
captaincabbage said:
The Austin said:
I lost all interest when it said "Turn Based".
lol same here.

Why would you make it turn based? Sure that ropes in a small nieche audience, but it also cuts out a huge part of players who could have been interested in it.

I'm gonna go with Dead Nation on PS3 until they wise up and make it a top down shooter.
Why would you assume that making it turned based will push away a lot of players? I'm all for the occasional twitch based spaz-out, but just because this title doesn't share that approach doesn't make it a bad game. And that niche demographic that you so condescendingly refered to drives one of the largest sectors of the PC market.

Not your game? Fair enough. But saying they should "wise up" like some wayward child comes off a bit, well, douchey.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Look at this, my fellow zombie fans! This is a horrible upcomming game that is a Zombie RPG, where the player is to attack and kill zombies for amusement! This is just as bad as Left 4 Dead series! We shall boycott this! Why, I think I'll go and buy a copy to see uhh, how bad and evil it is. I'll then write a hateful review after I spend maybe a few days and/or weeks on it.

Maybe play it multiple times over, gotta see every little thing in game before I can comment on it, hm? Dang right I do. Now let me go get some cash and fire up my PC when it comes out! Yes! I mean, the horror!

:)

(PS: I'm going on a zombie-less limb here and guessing it comes out sometime in 2011? If only it was sooner. I dislike waiting for games, because I am impatient!)

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone else kinda hoping that by "turn based" they mean something like KOTOR? Granted, that's not really turn based, but I think it's one of the best examples of how to do it right.

Also: obligatory THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!!

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Dirty Apple said:
captaincabbage said:
The Austin said:
lol same here.

Why would you make it turn based? Sure that ropes in a small nieche audience, but it also cuts out a huge part of players who could have been interested in it.

I'm gonna go with Dead Nation on PS3 until they wise up and make it a top down shooter.
Why would you assume that making it turned based will push away a lot of players? I'm all for the occasional twitch based spaz-out, but just because this title doesn't share that approach doesn't make it a bad game. And that niche demographic that you so condescendingly refered to drives one of the largest sectors of the PC market.

Not your game? Fair enough. But saying they should "wise up" like some wayward child comes off a bit, well, douchey.
I'm simply looking at it from a commercial perspective. statistically, more people play shooters than any other type of game on earth. That surpasses even WoW in the level of players. (this counts 3rd person shooters, fps and top down shooters.)

I'm not saying they're not gonna make money, because, hey, they're fucking zombies! Eveyone loves zombies. I'm just saying it might fly under the radars of a lot of the potential customers simply because it isn't a shooter.

It's not like I'm not going to play it either, I might give it a look, but it's not really my type of game.

And I do also realise that everyone is entitled to their own creative process, wether it'll make them more money or not is a side note. I never said it'd be a bad game.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Mcoffey said:
captaincabbage said:
Dirty Apple said:
captaincabbage said:
The Austin said:
lol same here.

I'm simply looking at it from a commercial perspective. statistically, more people play shooters than any other type of game on earth. That surpasses even WoW in the level of players. (this counts 3rd person shooters, fps and top down shooters.)

I'm not saying they're not gonna make money, because, hey, they're fucking zombies! Eveyone loves zombies. I'm just saying it might fly under the radars of a lot of the potential customers simply because it isn't a shooter.

It's not like I'm not going to play it either, I might give it a look, but it's not really my type of game.

And I do also realise that everyone is entitled to their own creative process, wether it'll make them more money or not is a side note. I never said it'd be a bad game.
The market is saturated with shooters. The fact that this isn't another one is actually a plus for me. The people who need their shooter fix have plenty of options. The people who can look past that and see this for what it is, will most likely have an excellent time.
Dude, truse me, I totally agree with you. But there is a reason tghat the market is crowded with shooters, because they're insanely popular.

A bit off topic but oh well, what I'm really waiting for is a zombie survival sim like this, crossed with an RPG like Fallout 3. I've really been waiting to find an awesome game that really immerses me in the world with hundreds of little and big choices to make and outcomes to experience. Personally, I'd love to see a GTA/RDR style game by rockstar that has those sorts of elements of finding guns, buying, selling, exploring, surviving and shooting.

I guess Imma gonna have to keep looking.