Dr. Horrible Sequel Coming Sooner Than You Think

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Dr. Horrible Sequel Coming Sooner Than You Think

While you're watching The Avengers on the big screen, Joss Whedon will be outside filming Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog 2.

Now that The Avengers is in the final stages of production, Joss Whedon has refocused his attention on finally producing a follow-up to one of the most popular web series of all time, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. According to Whedon, the actors are on board, and shooting should begin this summer.

"We are hard on it," Whedon said. "It's been a really tough year-couple of years-partially, I'm happy to say, because of work."

The original Dr. Horrible was actually a product of the 2007-2008 writer's strike, and since then, Whedon has completed two features, the aforementioned Avengers flick, and a, perhaps less well-known, film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing (which, yes, Nathan Fillion is in). But even amidst work on two major productions, the director has still somehow managed to make progress on his return to everyone's favorite crooning blogger.

"We do have a number of songs written," he said. "We have a whole outline."

Whedon has yet to reveal even the slightest hint at what path Dr. Horrible's story will take, but apparently, he's pretty confident in what he's come up with, because if all goes well, he'll be filming in just a few short months.

"We're stuck, basically, at this one part in the process," Whedon said. "All of us are looking at this summer as the time when we can go, 'Hey, you know what? We've got a little free time, let's get unstuck.' Neil has been like, 'How long?' We're all sort of just waiting, but the waiting will stop."

Source: Wired [http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/03/whedon-new-dr-horrible/]

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Was anyone actually expecting a sequel? I really don't know what else they can do with the story.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
YES! I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Odd thing of note - Felicia Day (Penny) is supposed to be an actress in the movie. Just a tidbit to nibble on/obsess over

EDIT: Escapist, why did you eat part of my post?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/images/2008/07/14/neil_crop.jpgThe internet is a mess, and I just... need to rule it
Congratulations, you have won at life.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I wasn't expecting a sequel, but I'm looking forward to some more great tunes sung by NPH. I think the story could possibly continue from where it left off. I'd like to see what Dr. Horrible does next. Also, Felicia Day!
Maybe he goes all Dr. Frankenstein and resurrects Penny. Or at least tries. That would make for a fun story.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
This reminds me of Half Life 3. People never shut up about it and so I just stop caring. I'm sure it'll be great, and I'd enjoy it, but I'm tired of hearing how "great it is".

Fudj

May 1, 2008
I think the story is funny tries to be a hero, and fails at it and ends up being considered a villian lol

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Neat, been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Daaaah Whoosh said:
Was anyone actually expecting a sequel? I really don't know what else they can do with the story.
I'm pretty sure it was announced quite early on that there'd be a sequel at some point.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
bazaalmon said:
I wasn't expecting a sequel, but I'm looking forward to some more great tunes sung by NPH. I think the story could possibly continue from where it left off. I'd like to see what Dr. Horrible does next. Also, Felicia Day!
Maybe he goes all Dr. Frankenstein and resurrects Penny. Or at least tries. That would make for a fun story.
That's what I always felt he would do. Of course, it would all end horribly. There will be no happy ending.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Awesome! I'll have to keep an eye out for this! I'm not sure where they'll go from here, but it should be interesting...

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Awesome. I can't wait to see this, since Dr. Horrible was one of the few musicals I could not only stand, since they don't usually match my tastes, but deeply enjoyed. Like Happy Feet and Sweeney Todd.

I just hope that Bad Horse gets another chorus in this one. The last ones were really, really catchy. Especially now that its stuck in my head again.

As a side note, captcha: very nice. Yes, yes it is.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Didn't realize that a sequel was ever planned for it considering the original wrapped up pretty well, but OH MY GOD I'M SOO EXCITED.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
Felicia Day (Penny) is supposed to be an actress in the movie. Just a tidbit to nibble on/obsess over
Didn't she... y'know... die?
Is it going to involve...
NECROMANCY!?
That... that would work.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea. I will sit here patiently.
And rewatch the original singalong blog.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Because he's in the embedded picture, I'm going to ask what is with Neil Patrick Harris? He comes off as extremely overrated to me. I've seen the white castle cameos and How I met your mothers and I watched the first Sing along blog. He's good but not great. It's always the same role, like a Jonah Hill or Chris Rock except the role he always plays is actually good. I don't see anything more to him than that.