Dragon Age 2 Will Look "Super Hot"

BillyShakes

Oct 29, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
I would appreciate it if BioWare could also fix one of my major Dragon Age: Origins complaints: having to constantly hold in the TAB key to highlight usable items and NPC names. Maybe I'm being a baby, but it bothers me, okay?
I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins on the PC, but it sounds to me like a pretty minor thing.
Although, BioWare's Neverwinter Nights has conditioned me into pressing the TAB key anytime I'm looking for an NPC, or a usable item, so it might just be me on this one.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
BillyShakes said:
Tom Goldman said:
I would appreciate it if BioWare could also fix one of my major Dragon Age: Origins complaints: having to constantly hold in the TAB key to highlight usable items and NPC names. Maybe I'm being a baby, but it bothers me, okay?
I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins on the PC, but it sounds to me like a pretty minor thing.
Although, BioWare's Neverwinter Nights has conditioned me into pressing the TAB key anytime I'm looking for an NPC, or a usable item, so it might just be me on this one.
It's an annoyance, more than anything. Wouldn't say it's a major issue but it can be a bit irritating.

I don't know why they're talking about Dragon Age 2, it seems a bit "rude". For a start, DA:O's been out just a few months. Secondly, the expansion is on its way and thirdly the whole mess they made of DLC. I'd rather BioWare focused on optimisation (ME2 ran and looked amazing) of the engine rather than "super hot visuals". Dragon Age's were fine and I don't really think they need to be updated.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
My only problem is that the player character doesn't say much unlike Mass Effect where you choose and option and he says something similar

But I'm just a noob, 3 hours in and only just met up with the Grey Wardens, bloody good game

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Oh great, so they're going to make a poorly programmed graphics engine that will require a hardware upgrade to play, or worse, end up like Crysis' engine which struggled on subsequent hardware that was released after it came out.

The visuals were NOT that bad (on the PC version), and I'm glad they focused more on the game than graphics.

"graphics don't make the game" Remember? or is that something gamers repeat to themselves so they don't let themselves believe that pretty pictures influence them too much?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I was about to say... the graphics really aren't that bad. But then again, I'm on the PC version. BioWare seems to be making some very good decisions lately.

BenFace

Jul 7, 2009
Seeing as I consider Dragon Age Origins to be the best game of last year (considering this is the year containing both Arkham Asylum and MW2), let alone the last decade, just hearing that there shall be a second game pleases me beyond belief.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I can't wait... and I wasn't too put off by the graphics despite playing it on the 360. What I would like to see is the gestures, and particularly the head turning while in conversation, to be less robotic. That's something everyone seems to have a pretty hard time getting right though.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Wait, did they ever actually confirm that they would be making a sequel?

...Meh. Yipeee!

Improved graphics would be nice. Though they don't make or break a game, staring at the HORRID textures of your shield and armour during conversations could be quite distracting, not to mention certain sections of armour continuously clipping as well.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
I'd be happy if the characters actually took their clothes off for the love scenes. If they can't go whole hog they shouldn't bother.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
A sequel? Already? I sense the Re-Release-O-Tron...or maybe they were made at the same time.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
...Really? The graphics bothered people enough for that?

And is this guy twelve and from the early ninties? Super Hot? Really?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Do you think I could convince them to wait until I actually have Dragon Age : Origins? And graphics have never really been a big deal for me. I have to run a lot of games on low or medium anyway, cause laptops seem to be indecisive about what they actually will run, regardless of specs.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
My PC, should talk, I pick a voice and he dosen't even use it in an actual converstation!

and Morigann, better return...she broke my mage's heart, and have lot's of explaining to do.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I want less choices. Bioware needs to stop giving you a massive dialogue tree with every conversation.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
I think they should wait until my computer can handle "Hot" before moving on the "super hottt".

I mean really, Bioware.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
This would have been a much better story if they actually didn't give two shits about how it looks. "It will look kinda crappy - BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk said, while eating some novelty sized ribs with an excessive amount of gravy - we figured we sold a gazillion units on the Xbox, and it looked like shit there. Funny story, all the furniture in this room is made out of money papier mache".
That a sequel to a game will have better graphics is a non-story.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
that doesn't surprise me, but it makes me worry. Because if they focus too much on that, what will become of the Storyline/secondary missions ? will there be less because of the lack of time allowed on it?

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
People bitching about graphics need to bite me. Seriously it wasn't that bad, yea it could stand to be better, but honestly, do graphics even matter any more? It's not like we're going to have another massive jump in quality like we did going from say the SNES to the PS1.

Gameplay and Storyline are vastly more important then graphics.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
I am beginning to think I'm the only person on the planet who was happy with the graphics of Dragon Age: Origins ... Regardless, I can't wait to see how Dragon Age 2 [Continuance?] looks ^^
No, I liked the graphics just fine too. I thought the spell effects and such were awesome, the dragons beautifully rendered.

Now, can we take this as confirmation on Dragon Age 2? Because I will be the happiest camper in the world if that's the case.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Why make better gameplay when you can just upgrade the graphics?
I'm just going to play it on my Xbox when it's preowned and old anyways...