Dragon Age 2 Will Look "Super Hot"

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
*sigh* Super Hot graphics will require Super Hot Hardware, and many people won't be willing to dish the money out. Or well, they would, but won't be too happy about it and in 3 months' time when another epic game requires them to upgrade their hardware, they just won't do it.

I suppose many of the people that asked for better graphics are kids with too much money on their hands. Seriously, wtf, in a story-driven game like Dragon Age you'd ask for better graphics!? I would be just as happy to play if if it had a graphic engine from 5 years ago.

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
Hm. Something feels off about the comment "Dragon Age feels like a deeper game than Mass Effect 2."

Really.

Dragon Age world < The fucking galaxy.

I don't have the heart to break it to Zeschuk.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Sequels with better graphics is hardly news but dragon ages problem is that its very hit and miss the lighting in many area like the mages tower is excellant but the characters are far too lifeless to be believable

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Hell, just having the people in the game resemble human beings instead of sterilized mannequins would be a sign that they're aiming in the right direction.

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009
"Super Hot" doesn't make it more awesome from my point of view. Also, my TAB lost it's markings.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
coldalarm said:
BillyShakes said:
Tom Goldman said:
I would appreciate it if BioWare could also fix one of my major Dragon Age: Origins complaints: having to constantly hold in the TAB key to highlight usable items and NPC names. Maybe I'm being a baby, but it bothers me, okay?
I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins on the PC, but it sounds to me like a pretty minor thing.
Although, BioWare's Neverwinter Nights has conditioned me into pressing the TAB key anytime I'm looking for an NPC, or a usable item, so it might just be me on this one.
It's an annoyance, more than anything. Wouldn't say it's a major issue but it can be a bit irritating.

I don't know why they're talking about Dragon Age 2, it seems a bit "rude". For a start, DA:O's been out just a few months. Secondly, the expansion is on its way and thirdly the whole mess they made of DLC. I'd rather BioWare focused on optimisation (ME2 ran and looked amazing) of the engine rather than "super hot visuals". Dragon Age's were fine and I don't really think they need to be updated.
It's not rude of Bioware to shove out a sequel just a few months after release. Remember who owns Bioware, and doing such a thing is right up EA's alley. If you don't believe me, how often do madden games come out with little improvement on the previous version?

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Oh great. Better graphics on the same engine will mean longer loading times, smaller areas, forcing you to run the same areas over and over, regurgitating textures, and just general chew up more budgeting and human resources at the expense of all the other and arguably more important game facets.

The games industry is in need of a revolution. Let's stop talking about graphics and start talking about art. There need to be more games that accept that they are not reality, they are only imitations and/or depictions of reality - or even fantasy in this case: and thus embrace the creative potential of their medium, using non-realistic art styles to achieve more of a sense of immersion. Something like what happened in the late 19th century with the advent of photography; instead of trying harder to make their paintings more realistic, French artists instead made them less realistic and more subjective - and thus impressionism was born. This is what the games industry needs. There should be more games like Borderlands and World of Warcraft which have an intentionally non-realistic and stylised art design.

There I go again, being all idealistic.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Well, my favorite title of 2009 and on my PC the graphics were great. Maybe not mind blowing, but they are just part of the equation. Now, Dragon Age 2 (wait, I was hoping for few expansion packs in coming years...) will likely be like so many cutting edge PC titles and I'll have to wait two years after until PC is upgraded to be able to play it.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
but a segment of the gaming population has voiced complaints about its graphics.
The same group of people who like CoD and Halo, see every Michael bay film and think Megan Fox has 'lasting appeal'

Fuck the graphics - I want gameplay.

Sep 14, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
Make Alister less of a whiny ass emo pansy ***** and i'll be good. Graphics don't bother me in the slightest.
alistair was actually my favorite besides morrigan, his "emo pansy bitchness" came from his sarcasm, and slight laziness, he was in no way emo or a panzy, considering he is a bamf grey warden, your opinion tho

and yeah who is complaining so much about graphics? if its a good game (which it was, i haven't been dissapointed by bioware) then mostly i could care less about graphics, they have always been fine, if your looking for graphics go watch transformers or something

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
I never really had a problem with Dragon Age's graphics. The character models looked great, and that's the most important thing to me, since you spend a lot of time in conversation.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Dragon Age 2...

....*Drools*
My sentiments exactly...

First one was awesome and thye have a whole world to go through

Nice om Bioware!

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
It's not the graphics as much as the art direction. As in Mass Effect has some academy award winning art level art direction and Dragon Age is stuck on the side of a 1970's conversion van, except somehow more boring looking.

tabriaswolfe

Jan 25, 2010
Giving it "Super Hot" graphics to make the fans who didn't like it happy? Are we going to cater to every peasant we come across? (Morrigan Disapproves -15)

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
Toning down the immature blood and tits and having a story that wasn't pulled out of somebody's ass, and then maybe I'll care about Dragon Age 2.