Dragon Age: Inquisition Contains 200 Hours Of Single Player Content

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Well it's their last chance to rescue the Dragon Age IP, of course they going all out, which is nice. From what i've seen DA3 shaping out quite nicely.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
BaronIveagh said:
small said:
at least origin give away free games and have a return policy
They also have a track record for giving away free spyware and lying to their customers. I don't trust EA with unfettered access to my computer.

EA going through steam I can tolerate. There's a 3rd party. Installing Origin though would just be plain stupid.
If you consider Origin Spyware, I hope you don't use the other major piece of spyware out there called Steam. With both pieces of software you are agreeing to let the companies do the exact same thing.

As far as lying to their customers, Steam has been doing that too. Such as saying to a European customer "you can't return the software for a refund" where in those countries its illegal not to give that refund.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Yeeeeah, 200 hundred hours, and all our choices matter! Where did I hear something reeeeally similar?

keroko

Nov 9, 2010
Jonathan Hornsby said:
Am I really the only one who thought that Dragon Age 2 was BETTER than Origins? Yeah it was rushed and had its flaws, but it at least was trying to tell its own story and had the balls to try noire style storytelling in a fantasy setting. Origins was just a generic example of every medieval fantasy trope in the book with a boring silent protagonist and dull combat. Take off your rose-tented glasses and stop drooling over Morrigan's chest; Dragon Age Origins was nothing special.
Interestingly what both advocates and skeptics of a "how original was Origins" tend to forget is that the clichéness of Origins was intentional. The whole game was one big shout-out to the old RPG's, even to the point where it was called "the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate."

Anyway, I will remain on the side of caution where the "200 hours of gameplay" is concerned. This is a claim made rather often in the RPG scene, and devs tend to exaggerate a lot. I tick 40-50 hours on most of my RPG's, so as long as Inquisition offers me something similar, I'm good.