Dragon Age Inquisition will have Microtransactions

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
I was getting sort of hyped and forgetting about my post DA2 promise to not buy EA games anymore.
Thankfully this news has reminded me not to buy DA3... err I mean, DA Inquisition.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
I remember how annoying the multiplayer micro-transactions in ME3 were. The progress was made intentionally very slow. I played a couple of hours every day for little more than a week and I was barely scratching the surface.
Anyways, as long as this shit stays away from the singleplayer, I'm cool.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Krantos said:
Flammablezeus said:
Never played the Dragon Age games, but I have the first on PC. This has just given me reason to never even start it, if this is where it ends up. Not a fan of companies charging extra money and shoehorning in multiplayer because making a good game is too hard for them.
Honestly, you should still give the first one a go. Unlike DA2, it's a fully self-contained story. There aren't any story threads left open at the end (assuming you complete all the side quests/stories), so it's entirely possible to play through it and simply pretend DA2 doesn't exist.

You could play DA2 if you want, but it does end on a cliff hanger (kind of), and well.. it's just not as well designed and built as DA:O.

Seriously, though, DA:O is worth it. If they had just stopped the franchise at that point it would have been fine.
Alright, your reply (and a few others) has convinced me not to write off Origins. I do have the ultimate edition of it too, so it comes with the DLC. I just hope that I can enjoy it and not get upset by what EA did with DA2 and 3.