Dragons Are Coming To Minecraft

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
Aprilgold said:
dmase said:
Wait does bethseda have dragons copyrighted too?
No, but they'll be pissed, thus the cat has something to say.

Rhys95 said:
Hey Bethesda......

U Mad Bro?
Yeah, even though they don't have any claim on dragons, the fact that Skyrim features them heavily, and then after the lawsuit has drawn so much attention, Notch sticking them in does seem a bit of a middlefinger to Bethesda, basically it makes him look a bit of a twat, in honesty. I know that there's no real reason for him not to include them, but the timing is a bit shitty. I would have at least waited until the whole thing is resolved. There's also the rumour going round that he's doing double-wielding, which Skyrim boasts as a feature, for the full Minecraft release one week afterwards, and he only considered this after Skyrim announced it...

Yeah, I know that Bethesda will have no claim to stop him from doing this, but it does seem a bit wrong. If anyone could come up with an analogy for this, then that would be appreciated, because I'm drawing a very rare blank in this instance, maybe just due to fatigue

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
The guys behind the Aether mod did in 6 months what Mojang struggled to do in two years, make Minecraft a cohesive gaming experience. Sorry but dragons and Notch's little feud with Bethesda won't detract from the fact that the game is just a bunch of unfinished ideas thrown together in a pot and mixed with pixie dust. Whatever shred of creativity the guy had when he made Minecraft is obviously gone and at this point I really believe the game would benefit a lot if an actually competent studio picked it up.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Valok said:
Blunderboy said:
Well this is really going to help with that legal battle. :p
My first thought.

I'm actually inclined to think he did that just to piss then.
For sure.

I've actually emailed Bethesda asking them to sue Wizards of the Coast and five thousand years of human literature because I found dragons in them.

Or wait...Are we just going to start making this joke for anything both games have in common that are universally common?

Cause there are axes in both games too.

Also swords.

Ground and Sky as well. Caves too.

AndyFromMonday said:
The guys behind the Aether mod did in 6 months what Mojang struggled to do in two years, make Minecraft a cohesive gaming experience. Sorry but dragons and Notch's little feud with Bethesda won't detract from the fact that the game is just a bunch of unfinished ideas thrown together in a pot and mixed with pixie dust. Whatever shred of creativity the guy had when he made Minecraft is obviously gone and at this point I really believe the game would benefit a lot if an actually competent studio picked it up.
I agree. Even though there is nothing new under the sun and players are always clamoring for developers to actually take a nice dynamic approach to content addition I hate these guys for actually doing it.

I'm looking for DLC, some nice slow updates, perhaps a yearly new version with stat rebalancing.

Notch charged me 10 dollars years ago and he still has a group of people adding to this game. I'm sick of it. We need to stop this man. He's going to ruin this for everyone by adding in all this fun stuff.

We should start a petition up to raise money to go to his company and demand he stop with the content updates and start charging people for texture packs and throw in some DRM with limited authentications while he's at it. He needs to get on board with the rest of the studios.

pwnatornr1

Jun 30, 2009
two things:
FUCKING YEAH!WHOOOOOOOOOOO
and
Well, it was ought to come one day.... and when quests come, this game will probably skyrocket again....

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
Quote: Disaster Button:
"The End"? hey, that sounds kinda cool. They should officially name it this, since it propably will be another nightmare world anyway.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Please Dragon, please come and burn all these crappy wooden structures that plague the servers of Minecraft. We don't need no water let that massive wooden block burn!

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
OMG, i want a Sean Connery dragon, i will perform sexually gratifying acts on anybody who makes that a reality... Anything you want, this is Sir. Sean we're talking about here

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
So far there's no solid release date on the dragon, or any word on what purpose it might serve in the game. The smart money is on "dragon eats things, possibly burns stuff," though its just as likely that the creature is benevolent, and greets players with the gruff, yet comforting voice of Sean Connery.
I'm personally hoping for Option B. There are a lot of flammable buildings in the town I live in on the Escapecraft serer.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
theultimateend said:
I agree. Even though there is nothing new under the sun and players are always clamoring for developers to actually take a nice dynamic approach to content addition I hate these guys for actually doing it.

I'm looking for DLC, some nice slow updates, perhaps a yearly new version with stat rebalancing.

Notch charged me 10 dollars years ago and he still has a group of people adding to this game. I'm sick of it. We need to stop this man. He's going to ruin this for everyone by adding in all this fun stuff.

We should start a petition up to raise money to go to his company and demand he stop with the content updates and start charging people for texture packs and throw in some DRM with limited authentications while he's at it. He needs to get on board with the rest of the studios.
Ahh that is brilliant! What a summation of my thoughts exactly. I payed like £6 for Minecraft, best £6 I ever spent. Cept maybe that time I bought 600 1p sweets...

Anyway this looks pretty cool, I'm actually getting quite exited for the finished Minecraft, despite having owned it for a good while now.

Coolpilot

Shadow
Mar 1, 2011
Blunderboy said:
Valok said:
Blunderboy said:
My first thought.

Or just to try and piss off Bioware as well with his new game "Giant Flying Lizards that Breath Fire - Time"
Notch said he was going to add Dragons to Mincraft a YEAR ago. He originally said he was never going to add dragons to Minecraft, but after player pressure and time, he said that he would eventually add dragons - the same dragon-indecision happened with his earlier game Wurm Online. It has nothing to do with the lawsuit.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Maeta said:
Aprilgold said:
dmase said:
Wait does bethseda have dragons copyrighted too?
No, but they'll be pissed, thus the cat has something to say.

Rhys95 said:
Hey Bethesda......

U Mad Bro?
Yeah, even though they don't have any claim on dragons, the fact that Skyrim features them heavily, and then after the lawsuit has drawn so much attention, Notch sticking them in does seem a bit of a middlefinger to Bethesda, basically it makes him look a bit of a twat, in honesty. I know that there's no real reason for him not to include them, but the timing is a bit shitty. I would have at least waited until the whole thing is resolved. There's also the rumour going round that he's doing double-wielding, which Skyrim boasts as a feature, for the full Minecraft release one week afterwards, and he only considered this after Skyrim announced it...

Yeah, I know that Bethesda will have no claim to stop him from doing this, but it does seem a bit wrong. If anyone could come up with an analogy for this, then that would be appreciated, because I'm drawing a very rare blank in this instance, maybe just due to fatigue
Dragons have been planned for Minecraft long before Mojang started work on Scrolls. What would be wrong here is if Notch decided not to go with implementing dragons just because Bethesda started being all crybaby about it. Besides, Minecraft is not related to Scrolls in any way short of being made by the same company.
Seriously, people, get your heads out of the legal gutter already and enjoy what is being wrought here.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Notch won my vote when he challenged Bethesda to a Quake match.

I'm just gonna sit here and grin while he flips off Bethesda like this. And I don't even play Minecraft (while I have thoroughly enjoyed both Morrowind and Oblivion+Expansions+Mods).

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Am I alone to have first read it as "Dragon Age Coming to Minecraft!"?

Also, I have reasons to believe Notch is trolling. What with, the Bethesda case and everything.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Coolpilot said:
Blunderboy said:
Valok said:
Blunderboy said:
My first thought.

Or just to try and piss off Bioware as well with his new game "Giant Flying Lizards that Breath Fire - Time"
Notch said he was going to add Dragons to Mincraft a YEAR ago. He originally said he was never going to add dragons to Minecraft, but after player pressure and time, he said that he would eventually add dragons - the same dragon-indecision happened with his earlier game Wurm Online. It has nothing to do with the lawsuit.
I know. It's this little thing called a joke.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Inb4-
Blunderboy said:
Fuck, ninja'd again.
Dragons in Minecraft eh? That might be the kick I need to get back into Minecraft.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I Hope the Endermen world isnt too dark, if we want dark and dreary we have the nether. Why can't they live in a Rainbow magical land?

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
iLikeHippos said:
Am I alone to have first read it as "Dragon Age Coming to Minecraft!"?

Also, I have reasons to believe Notch is trolling. What with, the Bethesda case and everything.
If I remember correctly, Notch said he'd like to add dragons or other fying mobs to Minecraft a long time ago. This has squat to do with Bethesda, or Zenimax for that matter, and more with adding content to the game the way he said he would.

I'm still waiting for the new ocean mobs and stuff, though. Hopefully one day either by design or by someone modding them in.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Just seems to be baiting bethesda a bit... i know that dragons aren't really one of those things that people CAN own, but what with the whole legal battle going on, it seems a bit cheeky to announce that your game is going to feature something that the company that is taking you to court is also featuring in THEIR game.