Dragon's Crown: Introducing The Amazon

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Headdrivehardscrew said:
RaikuFA said:
Gonna get this to piss off the White Knights.

Also cause I love brawlers.
White Knights are cool.

These folks ain't no white friggin' knights. More like hungry hungry depraved flies, buzzing around in buzzword clouds, thinking in loops, causing a ruckus, a whole lot of noise and a general mess wherever they lug their big brain to.

Also, they vomit on your food and poop on everything. It's nothing personal, it's just what they do.
It depends on their motives.

Some do it cause they think defending women's rights like this will get them laid. Others are like what you described.

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Regardless, since this is apparently a huge deal to some people, I changed the thumbnail to something more relevant.
Okay I have to admit, that's pretty funny. :D

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
I think we should just accept the art ass is. I mean, there's certainly a bit of of hypersexulization going on, butt really guys, there's no reason to let it rumple your tail-feathers. I mean gluteus gracious.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
BaronIveagh said:
I have this sudden, terrible urge to turn on the arcade machine and play Knights of the Round.
Oh FUCK Yes!

If any game needs a re-release, its Knights of the Round... Also Growl.

No I need to go get a beat'em up.

TO XBLA!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Or, alternatively, I try to stick to one particular thumbnail per game because it makes them easier to find in the jumble of different thumbnails.

Regardless, since this is apparently a huge deal to some people, I changed the thumbnail to something more relevant.
I love you now.

OT: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. At least the designer is backing up his claims of "it's stylized"...

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Braedan said:
I really don't get the Amazon.... I mean, her legs don't look muscular. They look like she's very fat in extremely odd proportions, and muscular in other places. I mean, sure different strokes for different folks, but this weird amalgamation of super muscular upper half, and oddly cellulite looking fat legs is disturbing.

Yes I understand that she's SUPPOSED to look like she has hulk legs, it just looks like fat legs. If you want to make her look super stylized and muscular, go for a female body builder, that's fine. She looks like an abomination from Frankenstein's lab.
You have extremely warped [perceptions of muscle and strength. She has very little upper body muscle, but low upper body fat (except her breasts of course), which gives muscle definition. She has large lower body muscles and a large amount of lower body fat.

And no, fuck body builders, we need far less body builder bodies in video games, unless you seriously want to make the sheer amount of vanity that goes into that part of the character.

Though, what really makes her look odd is the underdeveloped core, legs like those usually come with serious obliques/erectors, not a tiny waist.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:
Is it weird that I find this kind of body attractive?

I mean, not to the extent presented, obviously, but I love a women with well toned abs, thighs, and hips.
I find the amazon attractive in that dominant sort of way.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Nope, still don't like the head of a small child on the body of steroid junkie look.

Really not digging it.
Yeah, and it might not've been so bad if she wasn't, literally, wearing a chain mail bikini, that barely peaks out from the crevasses in what looks like a a body made exclusively out of rock pokemon...<.<

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
This game looks amazing. Of course they are one of the only people left who put out top notch 2d stuff anymore.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I have only two things to say about the art in this game.

1)Contortionist spine.

2)No one would bring up sexism if the men had been dressed like this.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Hagi said:
I do kinda wonder how people that call this "hyper-sexualized" would react to some of the Skyrim mods out there (came across a beauty the other day that gives the Talos statue in Whiterun a massive erection).
Gotta love those mods.

I remember there being one for Dragon Age: Origins that gave the Ogres a uh... package.

... And another one that did the same for the Lady of The Forest.

Anyway!

This is kind of an ugly character design. It's like Final Fantasy Tactics meets Rob Liefeld's art style. Interesting but... -shudders-

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Requia said:
Braedan said:
I really don't get the Amazon.... I mean, her legs don't look muscular. They look like she's very fat in extremely odd proportions, and muscular in other places. I mean, sure different strokes for different folks, but this weird amalgamation of super muscular upper half, and oddly cellulite looking fat legs is disturbing.

Yes I understand that she's SUPPOSED to look like she has hulk legs, it just looks like fat legs. If you want to make her look super stylized and muscular, go for a female body builder, that's fine. She looks like an abomination from Frankenstein's lab.
You have extremely warped [perceptions of muscle and strength. She has very little upper body muscle, but low upper body fat (except her breasts of course), which gives muscle definition. She has large lower body muscles and a large amount of lower body fat.

And no, fuck body builders, we need far less body builder bodies in video games, unless you seriously want to make the sheer amount of vanity that goes into that part of the character.

Though, what really makes her look odd is the underdeveloped core, legs like those usually come with serious obliques/erectors, not a tiny waist.
I don't think I have a warped perception at all. see, she actually has a very large upper body. its just that her legs are SOOOO gigantic that she looks tiny. On a regular sized woman, her upper body would look like a female body builder with an oddly shaped waist. her elephant legs are so wildly unproportioned that she looks revolting.

And no, I don't want more body builders in games, but if you ARE going to go for muscular for a woman, at least keep it a little sane.
And, I would like to point out that ALL the characters are terrible looking, except the mage and elf.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
im not a fan of the character designs but i dont really get the controversy over this. the characters are definitely over sexualized...but how is that different from the female characters in about 90% of video games on the market today? why is this game being singled out?