Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Max didn't say DD2 was an MMO. Only that the way the game guides you by not giving you any direction and then you figure everything out in your own feels like an early 2000s MMO. Combat-wise, the game loses the jank, and plays so much better than the first in that regard. That was his main summary.
I absolutely loved how the first game played so I had no issues with that. In general I loved Dark Arisen, it felt like a mix between dmc and monster hunter/shadow of the colossus. But yeah DD2 is being made a decade later so I'm sure it will be way better in all areas.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
> The good news is that they're all going for their own thing.
Yeah that's why I'm hedging my impressions so much. Sometimes I just have such wildly different reactions in gameplay to many consensus opinions.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I hope it does well, even though I’ll likely never have time to play it. Maybe when there’s a DD4 or 5 but at that point it’s like, damn that’s many hundreds of hours to catch up on.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I have been keeping tabs on this for a while.

To let you all know I have this the first game or specifically Dark Arisen over across many many consoles. From Xbox360, PS3, PS4,SWITCH,Steam,Virtua Boy, NGAGE and the Atari Jaguar I have all together put in hours into this game that is untold.

The announcement of 2 had me in a coma it was level of copium so high I thought I would never come off it but now I can desat on reality air because it is almost here.

Dogma holds a special place in my heart because the games combat is just impossible to quantify for me.

Young Jarrito would play his turn based rpgs with the sprites moving like two frames and some flashing effects. But in my young imagination what was on screen did not translate to the vision of the battle that was going on in my imagination and head space was a whole different world that what was happening on screen. I believe I fell in love with Dankma cause the fights and battles just come the closet to what I imagined the fights going down when I was a kid.

Now Dogma has its quirks and problems I can write 30 page thesis on it but fuck that this is my game.

I preordered it and I am not a preorder guy but after messing with the character creator I just need it in my hands.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
> The good news is that they're all going for their own thing.
Yeah that's why I'm hedging my impressions so much. Sometimes I just have such wildly different reactions in gameplay to many consensus opinions.
Good. As it should be. Games should all be doing their own things, and not just mindlessly following whatever is popular or "with it".

I have been keeping tabs on this for a while.

To let you all know I have this the first game or specifically Dark Arisen over across many many consoles. From Xbox360, PS3, PS4,SWITCH,Steam,Virtua Boy, NGAGE and the Atari Jaguar I have all together put in hours into this game that is untold.

The announcement of 2 had me in a coma it was level of copium so high I thought I would never come off it but now I can desat on reality air because it is almost here.

Dogma holds a special place in my heart because the games combat is just impossible to quantify for me.

Young Jarrito would play his turn based rpgs with the sprites moving like two frames and some flashing effects. But in my young imagination what was on screen did not translate to the vision of the battle that was going on in my imagination and head space was a whole different world that what was happening on screen. I believe I fell in love with Dankma cause the fights and battles just come the closet to what I imagined the fights going down when I was a kid.

Now Dogma has its quirks and problems I can write 30 page thesis on it but fuck that this is my game.

I preordered it and I am not a preorder guy but after messing with the character creator I just need it in my hands.

I am happy for you. Enjoy when DD2 launches.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Ooohhh to not have a PS5, can't afford a PS5, and likely won't get a PS5 for quite some time... ;3;
Silver lining is at least we're at the point where buyer has some control. Yes it's taken way too long and yes of course a current-gen console is an expensive luxury item, but at least now with there being different versions you can find pre-owned, used, open box, bundles, etc.
As much of a Sony Pony as I am, I can't even make the argument that the PS5 is great, and that is about the games, even though I enjoyed some games. That recent dunkey video sums it up- sequels, remakes, etc. I honestly would say a PS5 is a "must have" for hardcore fans of God of War or FromSoftware or if, like me, the slick 3rd person baby action movie games like Ghost of Tsushima are the pinnacle of modern entertainment.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Silver lining is at least we're at the point where buyer has some control. Yes it's taken way too long and yes of course a current-gen console is an expensive luxury item, but at least now with there being different versions you can find pre-owned, used, open box, bundles, etc.
As much of a Sony Pony as I am, I can't even make the argument that the PS5 is great, and that is about the games, even though I enjoyed some games. That recent dunkey video sums it up- sequels, remakes, etc. I honestly would say a PS5 is a "must have" for hardcore fans of God of War or FromSoftware or if, like me, the slick 3rd person baby action movie games like Ghost of Tsushima are the pinnacle of modern entertainment.
Now that the Slim is out I will finally consider dropping some cash on one, whenever there’s a good bundle or at least a price drop. Demon’s Souls Remake will be a fun trip down nostalgia lane, and I might as well take advantage of the free upgrade for Elden Ring.

Biggest disappointment I’ve read is how little developers seem to have taken advantage of the controller’s unique features, or whatever that temporal audio feature was supposed to do. So far the packaged demo is apparently the most impressive thing anyone’s done with either so far, which sounds bad.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Now that the Slim is out I will finally consider dropping some cash on one, whenever there’s a good bundle or at least a price drop. Demon’s Souls Remake will be a fun trip down nostalgia lane, and I might as well take advantage of the free upgrade for Elden Ring.

Biggest disappointment I’ve read is how little developers seem to have taken advantage of the controller’s unique features, or whatever that temporal audio feature was supposed to do. So far the packaged demo is apparently the most impressive thing anyone’s done with either so far, which sounds bad.
Lack of taking of advantage of unique features is tied to exclusivity- you can't expect a game designed for multiple platforms to pour resources into platform-exclusive features.
But the haptic feedback trigger thing you're referring to- it is for sure in Astrobot, Spiderman 2, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and according to reviews FF7:rebirth. I really don't think features are a reason for choosing a platform, it's all about the exclusives.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's nothing new. Not too many games took advantage of the Wii U gaming pad, nor the 3D and the 3DS, or just slapped it on together. Not to forget that during the PS3 generation, very few developers took advantage of the motion controls on the Dualshock 3. I'm here for the games, not the haptic feedback features. They're nice, but I rarely ever use them. I used them twice on DMC 5 special edition and the recent Ratchet and Clank game, and that was it. Even then, I turned them off and I was just fine with regular controls.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
30 fucking FPS on PC. Sometimes even 24 during combat.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Welp, I am attempting to import my face with the character creation. I think I'm almost there, but I can't seem to get the eyelids and nose right
IMG_3926.jpgIMG_3924.jpg

20240320091811_1.jpg20240320091801_1.jpg
And I just realized this is the first time I've shown my face in this community lol