Dragons: Slay or befriend?

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Depends whether or not it was aggressive towards me. If it wanted to be friends then hell yes, but if it attacked me I'd try to kill it and probably fail.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
CM156 said:
Depends:
Metallic dragons I'd befriend.

But chromatic ones? Slay!

Remember, if the scales shine, you'll be fine. But if they're red, you're gonna be dead

EDIT: If they're black, you'll be a snack
If they're white, your end is in sight
If they're green, say goodbye to your spleen
If they're blue, your life is through
If they're brown, they'll beat you down
If they're grey, run away
But Blue and Green Dragons are Lawful Evil, they won't just murder you for no reason. Black White and Reds are Chaotic Evil those, fuckers will eat you for no reason.

Photon987

May 27, 2009
Uh... Wouldn't it be pretty difficult to befriend a dragon? Even if we assume it is metallic, it would STILL be notoriously haughty. If it didn't see you as a threat, it would most likely view you as an irritating moron, not worth its time or further thought.

You know, with dragons thinking that they are superior to all other creatures?

As for shapeshifting into other beings and going at it, isn't that more due to them being bored, and wanting a way to kill some time, rather than doing so out of love for the other partner?

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I would totally befriend a dragon and ride on his back while I hold Cloud's Buster Sword high and proud. I would also start shouting stuff in German and use my dragon to scare followers into becoming my minions from hell.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
The Heavenator said:
Befriend. a) Pet dragon, fucking awesome 2. lower heating bills in the winter iii) If my animes have taught me anything it that dragons know magic and will teach it to humans it likes.
Out of curiosity, which anime would these be, and do they have a good english dub?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'd befriend them if I could.How badass would be to ride one?

On the other hand,if they want to see how tasty I am,I would kill them with my two handed battleaxe.

Ah,fantasy and imagination,how awesome you are.:p

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I would capture it and use it as my own personal mount, or use its abilities to my own advantage. I don't care if it likes me or not, so "befriend" is a bit misleading. Oh, and the first sign of treachery, its head is going on a mantelpiece.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
Befriend it, definitely. I'd rather have the reputation of owning a dragon, having something that could fly and turn people I don't like into charcoal than the reputation of killing one.

Jan 27, 2011
Befriend! Obviously!

I mean, I'd much rather be friends with an ancient and majestic creature than slay one! Why would anyone want to do that if you have the option of befriending it?!

GoAwayVifs

Aug 5, 2011
binnsyboy said:
The Heavenator said:
Befriend. a) Pet dragon, fucking awesome 2. lower heating bills in the winter iii) If my animes have taught me anything it that dragons know magic and will teach it to humans it likes.
Out of curiosity, which anime would these be, and do they have a good english dub?
I was specifically referring to Fairy Tail where the main character was raised by a dragon. I believe it is currently being dubbed but i cannot speak to quality.

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
I roll to seduce the dragon!

Um... It can't shape shift.

I know ^.~ MUHUHUHUH!

Seriously though, "One's a witty redhead with a smooth temper, one's a flying fire-lizard who can devour a cow whole. Together: THEY FIGHT CRIME!"

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Depends on the dragon, but in all honesty, I have a huge weakness for treasure piles. Let's say, usually slay, but I agree with dragonheart movie.