Dread it, run from it. The Infinity War trailer still arrives

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
See, that's how you do it DCEU. You gotta earn in with 8+ years of movies, character development and intrigue. You can't just throw tired old tropes and 20 year old comics on the screen and claim its amazing.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I would've hoped the final conflict took place in space, seeing as they are fighting for the fate of the universe and not just Earth. Looks pretty good though, but I do hope we finally, FINALLY get some proper big name deaths.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
See, that's how you do it DCEU. You gotta earn in with 8+ years of movies, character development and intrigue. You can't just throw tired old tropes and 20 year old comics on the screen and claim its amazing.
Still feels incomplete without X-Men and Fantastic Four in this cast.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
Still feels incomplete without X-Men and Fantastic Four in this cast.
Eh, maybe for the X-men sure, although Marvel is bringing them in, but Fantastic Four? Even at their best, they're just so goofy. They'd ruin it.

Casual Shinji said:
I would've hoped the final conflict took place in space, seeing as they are fighting for the fate of the universe and not just Earth. Looks pretty good though, but I do hope we finally, FINALLY get some proper big name deaths.
To be fair this is only part 1. Part 2 could easily take place in space.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
Kinda disappointed in the trailer. On the one hand there are no spoilers which is good. On the other hand there are no surprises what so ever.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
MatParker116 said:
Thanos chokeslamming Spider Man, that is all. Also RIP Vision.
I kinda don't want vision to die. I would like to see him struggle without the overwhelming power of the soul stone.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Silentpony said:
Casual Shinji said:
To be fair this is only part 1. Part 2 could easily take place in space.
Let's hope so. I want some of these heroes to be taken out of there usual surroundings. This first movie might show us the Guardians of the Galaxy on Earth, in part 2 I want Captain America and Spider-Man in space. My favourite episodes of X-Men: The Animated Series were always the ones where they went into space and shit got weird and cosmic.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
^ Are you implying the Fantastic Four at its most faithful is even more goofy than Guardians of the Galaxy?
Yes. Yes I am implying that a wisecracking talking raccoon and a character named Drax the Destroyer are easier to take seriously and have more gravitas than Fantastic Four ever will.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
^ Are you implying the Fantastic Four at its most faithful is even more goofy than Guardians of the Galaxy?
Yes. Yes I am implying that a wisecracking talking raccoon and a character named Drax the Destroyer are easier to take seriously and have more gravitas than Fantastic Four ever will.
Please read Hickman's Fantastic 4 run. You have no idea how wrong you are.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I can't even handle it. Not even the Star Wars trailers got me this excited--and that's saying something, if you know me. I had tears in my eyes by the end of it. I am on board and ready to see the payoff of these past years.

Hell, my face is still sort of frozen in this creepy, half grin smile just thinking about it.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
What a crappy trailer. The movie is going to suck major ass unless they make Thanos' struggle with Death watchable.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
McElroy said:
What a crappy trailer. The movie is going to suck major ass unless they make Thanos' struggle with Death watchable.
You know without his helmet Thanos looks like Hellboy or Marv from Sin City......and yet I say that in a negative way.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Eh, not much to the trailer other than "This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie!..."

Looks neat, but I'm kind of boycotting Disney (a lot of good that'll do haha).

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Meh, looks like just another Age of Ultron. And Thanos is a shit villain in general.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
SirSullymore said:
Eh, not much to the trailer other than "This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie! This Person is in the Movie!..."

Looks neat, but I'm kind of boycotting Disney (a lot of good that'll do haha).
Do you want to know how impossible it is to boycott Disney?

I buy Huggies Baby Wipes to clean myself after I use the toilet. And on the package contains pictures of Micky Mouse on it as part of some promotion/advertisment, so essentially I am giving Disney money for the need of Wiping my Ass after I take a shit :p

And really it goes to show how much Disney cares about Micky Mouse this day and age when he is on shit cleaning wipes.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
BreakfastMan said:
Meh, looks like just another Age of Ultron. And Thanos is a shit villain in general.
I find Galactus a much more intimidating villain because he Eats Planets to empower himself.
Yeah, and I think there is just a bit more going on with Galactus in general than "big, strong, mean fucker that wants to kill everyone", which is basically all that Thanos is.