Drunk Thread

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I've only been legal for about a year and still living with my parents, which puts limits on experimentation. As does my money.

I don't drink often but when I do I drink hard cider with food, (either Woodchuck or Angry Orchard, because I don't like beer, and I don't know enough about wine to make good selections) and whiskey after dinner. When I learned to drink whiskey, I thought you were supposed to drink it straight, but apparently most people like to put an icecube or splash of water in it. Eh. By this point it makes it taste weak to me so I stick with drinking it straight.

Preferred brands are Maker's Mark bourbon (one of the few bourbons you can get under $50 that is actually good) and Kraken Dark Spiced Rum, when I feel like having something a little different.

Would like to try mixed drinks but I'm not knowledgeable enough to make them myself and I don't have any friends in town anymore to go to a bar with.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Something that I had the pleasure of trying recently was hot cocoa mixed with Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka. Great for those cold winter nights in. Though it is very, very, very easy to have a few too many. Or just the right amount, depending on the kind of night.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Baffle said:
I think it must be drinking from the cans that does it. Never with Carlsberg - it's an affront to the state of Denmark. I say go glass or go home! Room temp? Sacrilege...

Rose's lime cordial plays very nicely with Carlsberg, I've found.

For the real sweet tooth, the Swedish discovered wonderful Rekorderlig cider. The strawberry and lime flavour will knock anybody's socks off.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Rum and Ale! RUM! ALE! (Not a pirate, promise.... arrrr!)

Seriously though, South West England has some delicious local Ales and I just can't get enough Rum, popping open a bottle of Ron Miel (Honey Rum) my parents brought back from holiday this weekend, very sweet stuff.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Barbas said:
Baffle said:
I think it must be drinking from the cans that does it. Never with Carlsberg - it's an affront to the state of Denmark. I say go glass or go home! Room temp? Sacrilege...
Nah, ambient temperature Carlsberg is the breakfast of champions when camping at music festivals. All other times I wouldn't touch the stuff (there's almost always something nicer around), but in that singular circumstance it's a glorious tradition.

As for my regular drinks, whatever beer I fell like, either ale or decent lager (so no flavourless American shit, Carling or Fosters), on the spirits front, either Glen Moray Elgin Classic Single Malt or Buffalo Trace Bourbon (as it's only about £20 for a bottle of either).

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
Yuengling or Sam Adams for me. On the extremely rare occasions where harder drinks are on the menu, Jack and Coke as a default, though I do like Ezra Brooks (which I called Jew Whiskey for some reason. Seriously, I don't know how I got it in my head it was made by Jews, or had anything to do with Jews).

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
I'm not drinking right now, but my absolute favorite drink is absinthe. I love the taste and the way it makes me feel. It's hard as hell to find where I live, though, so I usually just end up drinking a Jack and Coke.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I am quite a fan of real ale and amaretto (not mixed together). However, all I have in the house at the moment is:

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
Do you know that watered down beer that you get at music festivals? I'm drinking a crate of it right now. At least it has some alcohol innit. Oh how i would love to trade it for a bottle of scotch. Or vodka. Or rum.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
Flames66 said:
I am quite a fan of real ale and amaretto (not mixed together). However, all I have in the house at the moment is:

2%?! Might as well be drinking water.

I'm too poor to be drinking right now, but I sure could go for a nice strong Gin and Ginger right about now.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
This past Friday when I went out I did a little countdown. I had a four horsemen, three wise men, two by four, hole in one, and ground zero shots.

Saturday I had some Hennessey.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm drinking ale, because I'm an old fart like that. Fyne Ales' Vital Spark to be precise, tasty, tasty beer.

My favourite drink is a concoction of ice tea, gin and creme de cassis that I made out of my leftover Christmas alcohol. I'm still not 100% on the measures, but it's pretty much the tastiest drink I've ever had, although it's hard to go wrong with creme de cassis. You can put that shit in pretty much anything and it will be good.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I think you're frankl;yl missing out if you dont currently have a pint of Carlsberg in one hand and somebody's genitals in the other.

It's nice chilled in a glass with lime, but I wouldn;t have it from the can unless I were severely concussed and lackign in moral fiber .