Duke Nukem Forever Hands-On

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and Im all out of gum.

This game sounds like it will be a riot. Looking forward to it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
nooooooo my moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy its been stolen by awesomeness

I just hope this isnt like most of 2k's pc games that tend to have the pc portion as an afterthought, Im looking at you borderlands with your shitty connection that took forever to get fixed and your crappy menu interface that someone ignores the mouse wheel

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Steve Butts said:
fenrizz said:
As long as don't expect too much from it, I'm sure it will be worth the price.
This is the point where I think it might fall apart for some people. Gearbox and 2K are firm in their belief that this game is not competing with Call of Duty, but I'm not sure the market sees it the same way. 12 years of anticipation is a lot to overcome.
Depends what you mean by compete. If you mean compete as in: Become then ext fps-multiplayer phenomenon? Probably not. If you mean compete as in: sell as well? Probably not, but a lot more likely at least :p

I'm looking forward to it just to see Duke again. He is the Bruce Campbell of video-games. I have a man-crush on both of them.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
As awesome as the game looks, and it's definitely a first-day buy for me, I'm worried about how the mainstream audience will take it. Some previews I've seen have attacked the game for "Noticeably dated" graphics, or in IGN's (I know, I know) case, say that the game has completely ignored every innovation of every FPS ever made since the conception of DNF. What? Even though one of THE biggest fusses over the game was the switch to regenerating health and a 2-weapon system? The very DEFINITION of "Modern Day FPS" features?

What I'm worried is that most people will be stupid like IGN, basically. Berating the game for not being like Call of Duty or Halo even though that is the entire point of the game. DNF is about taking the FPS of the now and turning it up to Eleven. But it seems dumbasses like IGN only see a broken speaker because it isn't the exact same thing that they've gotten used to.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Fangobra said:
My god... this game might actually be pretty good. The apocalypse has begun...
I'll put a stop to that.

*Removes Duke Nukem Forever*
*Inserts HL2E3*

There we go. We can continue to avert the apocalypse for now.

Edit:It's on my short list.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I am still on board from the moment I saw that epic trailer. Invaders Must die, Indeed.

I did not care for Duke Nukem as a kid, mostly because I did not have jewels yet (That's Family Jewels, not Some kind of Ruby Jewels), but now I'm really excited. I'm getting a PS3 and this will be my first big spend. At least I hope it's a great spend, anyway.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I wonder how will the Zero Punctuation episode for this one will be called... Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever, The REAL Edition?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Hail to the mother fucking king baby.

Iv been waiting since 3D for this game and by god I cant wait to kick ass and chew buble gum but im all outa gum

Ego Meter now that is pure win and made me laugh xD

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
This game defines the word "camp". I love it. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to this.

Darkin20

May 27, 2009
I think this will fill a video game void that has been getting larger and larger. The ultra realism vs the ultra fantasy. This fits nicely in the middle with over the top everything.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Of course, Duke also gets drunk off of only one beer, which hardly seems to fit the manly ideal the designers were going for.
must be one hell of a beer...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
archabaddon said:
I'd still hit it.

As much as I've been one to use it as the vaporware trope of our time, I'm looking forward to seeing what the final product has in story... finally.
Me too. I'm especially excited that gearbox was able to finish it off.

So what's the new supposed vaporware example people should use now?...
Agent?

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Yes, the Duke is back... but maybe I'm not in the mood for self-referential jokes anymore. I get it, it's been a long time. I want Duke to do Duke things, but poking me in the ribs every 3 and 1/2 minutes and saying, "look, it's Duke Nukem! Never thought you'd see this, did you?" is not clever. That said; holy moly this looks like pure, stupid fun with clever set-pieces to break up the action.

I got my wish, too; there's Why I'm So Great! That's all I asked for, really.