Duke Nukem Forever Hands-On

Moooo4me

Jan 5, 2011
The question remains: does the fun that the game carries outweigh the time we spent waiting for it?

Mach10

Mar 15, 2008
Resounding 'meh.'

DN3D already did most of these gags; and while they were funny when I was 17, I need a bit more substance in a game.

Or am I the only person in the world (except for maybe Yahtzee) who doesn't think that graphical superiority translates into a game worth playing? 'Cos there is absolutely no damn way I'm paying $65 for an "interactive" 8-hour cutscene.

Oh, and for the record, if they wanted an IP to develop into the ultimate sequel, Shadow Warrior was built on the same Build3d Engine as DN3d--and it was light-years better.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I shouldn't have read this at work, I can't stop smiling and my boss is going to catch on that I'm a dirty time theif.

Seriously, I think this game is going to be great - people who don't enjoy it probably take games (and themselves) far too seriously.

Also, are there tits in it?

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
Anyone have a good look at the pen on the screenshot on page 2? I wonder if you turn it upside-down if her clothes magically appear.

parasyteFMA

Jan 3, 2011
This game along with Bulletstorm seem like they will bring goofiness back to this genre. All FPS games are full of themselves. All are trying to be more realistic than the one before it while not adding a lot to the table since Modern Warfare. All I want is a fun FPS. One that doesn't take itself too seriously.

While Bulletstorm is coming out in 2 weeks and the idea hasn't been around for a while, people have waited 13 years for Duke. I just hope we get what we want.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Hell yeah. All the Bulletstorm ads, demos and Duty Calls game have made me wanting to play this - a game that knows how to spurn the overly serious shooters of nowadays while still making fun of itself and of the juvenile spectacle it knows it puts forth.

Interacting with shit on the game world is one of the least remembered Duke Nukem gimmicks, so the mere fact that it's there bodes well for the game.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Steve Butts said:
Duke Nukem Forever Hands-On

Down and dirty with the Duke in Sin City.

Read Full Article
Shouldn't you have blurred the nipple of the girl on the pen on the 2nd page? Don't think the escapist rules allow for bare boobs in images.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Hey i was gunna name my life story that.
Duke is a lying thief!

But its hard to stay mad at someone whos book is called, "Why im so awesome"

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
The Random One said:
Hell yeah. All the Bulletstorm ads, demos and Duty Calls game have made me wanting to play this - a game that knows how to spurn the overly serious shooters of nowadays while still making fun of itself and of the juvenile spectacle it knows it puts forth.

Interacting with shit on the game world is one of the least remembered Duke Nukem gimmicks, so the mere fact that it's there bodes well for the game.
Really? I thought the unprecedented amount of interactivity is what alot of people had nostalgia for regarding Duke 3D.

captain underpants

Jun 8, 2010
duchaked said:
Of course, Duke also gets drunk off of only one beer, which hardly seems to fit the manly ideal the designers were going for.
must be one hell of a beer...
One of these perhaps? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354411/Worlds-strongest-beer-Sink-The-Bismarck-goes-sale-55-bottle.html

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Duke is protected by the sheer force of his masculine self-image
that line just sold the game to me

this and bulletstorm are the kinds of games that i have being looking for, some humor isnt bad, i mean, i know faux news will kick himself in the head when he notice that the "rape" claims would have being better aimed at DN than BS

...i want to play both games now!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
At least we'll always have StarCraft: Ghost...

It doesn't sound very fun. Inevitably its going to sell like hot buttered sex because its so legendary for delays but it still sounds uninteresting to me.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
DO WANT
Ego Meter is just win and the book signing is awesome too, Who's going to bet Gearbox is coming out a month later with stats saying most people drew dicks on the book? (You would do it, Don't LIE)