Duke Nukem Forever Hands-On

dghjdgdjf

Nov 9, 2009
duchaked said:
Of course, Duke also gets drunk off of only one beer, which hardly seems to fit the manly ideal the designers were going for.
must be one hell of a beer...
http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/251

Sink the bismarck! 41% alchohol.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Someone, somewhere, in an alternate universe, is crying that all their efforts to stop DNF from coming to be in all the multiverse failed.
GIMME THE DAMN DEMO!

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
What the Hell? Am i actually now looking forward to this game because of.....it's story? How'd that happen?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
No shit. No fucking shit! The game is good? Seriously? Sign me the hell up!

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Mach10 said:
Oh, and for the record, if they wanted an IP to develop into the ultimate sequel, Shadow Warrior was built on the same Build3d Engine as DN3d--and it was light-years better.
Personally I prefer Duke over Shadow Warrior because it plays more fluidly, it's pretty close though. Blood is my favorite of the Build engine games by your proverbial light-years. Redneck Rampage is the distant fourth in the race.

The Build engine is a terrific piece of software by the way. Funniest thing is that Ken Silverman made it to see if he could rather than because he wanted to make games. It was then picked up by game developers and used to create some of the best shooters of the 90's.
maantren said:
If only they'd do the same for Blood...
Hear, hear!

Blood 3 plz Monolith, I just want to melt a mime with a voodoo doll, is that too much to ask?

I'll take No One Lives Forever 3 and while you guys are at it could we get a Shogo 2? Just drop FEAR for a couple of years, okay?

And then Bungie could start making Oni 2...

Yeah, right.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I don't care anymore.Well I do, Will it be another dumbed down gun and run game or a decent FPS?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Vortigar said:
Mach10 said:
Oh, and for the record, if they wanted an IP to develop into the ultimate sequel, Shadow Warrior was built on the same Build3d Engine as DN3d--and it was light-years better.
Personally I prefer Duke over Shadow Warrior because it plays more fluidly, it's pretty close though. Blood is my favorite of the Build engine games by your proverbial light-years. Redneck Rampage is the distant fourth in the race.

The Build engine is a terrific piece of software by the way. Funniest thing is that Ken Silverman made it to see if he could rather than because he wanted to make games. It was then picked up by game developers and used to create some of the best shooters of the 90's.
maantren said:
Hear, hear!

Blood 3 plz Monolith, I just want to melt a mime with a voodoo doll, is that too much to ask?

I'll take No One Lives Forever 3 and while you guys are at it could we get a Shogo 2? Just drop FEAR for a couple of years, okay?

And then Bungie could start making Oni 2...

Yeah, right.
Damn and I thought I was the only Blood fan here! SW was good but Duke was better, a shame blood 2 was a joke I don't think Blood 3 is possible, its kinda like system shock 3 it just can't happen....

also shogo was awsome!

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
Getting this day one! Slightly dated graphics, humor not gritty, not realistic, not call of duty... sign me up!

Heck it might even get me to play multi-player again.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
maantren said:
Yeah, I don't understand why they fucked that up so much with Blood 2 actually. A rotten, mouldy, incredibly atmospheric and just plain evil game turned into a generic gray corridor shooter. When I played Blood back in the day, it made Doom feel like a kiddy game, and I want that back. You know, a shooter with some actual personality and lasting effect.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Once the game is out weeks of laughter are guaranteed. First cause it promises to be full of nostalgia, humor and self parody, and second cause Fox is bound to get their hands on this.

DrPhilly

Sep 2, 2010
Think about it this way: If this game ends up being super generic lamesauce, it does actually have a legitimate excuse. This series INVENTED super generic lamesauce, quite literally! Duke was been a hero long before Soap MacTavish was even an idea. Duke Nukem is the father of modern generic shooters.

Even still, the game looks like it's be utter WINsauce. I'm excited.

Watcheroftrends

Jan 5, 2009
Duke Nukem Staff Meeting:

"So, after 12 long years of development, how are we going to overcome the hype surrounding our title? What's going to prevent people from being disappointed after the nostalgia wears off?"

long pause...

"Fuck, not another puzzle!"

"On second thought, I think we're good to go!"

It will be interesting if this game transcends the whole uber-realistic "games are serious business" trend that's risen up in the past few years.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
captain underpants said:
duchaked said:
Of course, Duke also gets drunk off of only one beer, which hardly seems to fit the manly ideal the designers were going for.
One of these perhaps? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354411/Worlds-strongest-beer-Sink-The-Bismarck-goes-sale-55-bottle.html
it MUST be! the only drink fit for the King? idk lol

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Deeleted said:
duchaked said:
http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article/251

Sink the bismarck! 41% alchohol.
lol you're the second person to link to that beer xD

I think that definitely fits the manly ideal