Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Exchanges Flags for "Babes"

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Chamale said:
Ruairi iliffe said:
Tom Goldman said:
The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap,"
Oh, if the media dont have fun with this i really dont know what will.

Well apart from the tits. Its always the tits for some reason.
The other day I was at a video store, a man told his son of about 10 that he could watch anything without sexual jokes or nudity in it. They put back 50 First Dates and protected the kid's innocence by renting The Exorcist.

OT: I am not surprised by this, and I doubt anyone else is. Always bet on Duke.
wait WHAT?!?!?! VIDEO STORES STILL EXIST?!?!?!??
but really, yeah thats just stupid.
back to the original topic, i think this may get me to play xbl a bit more. this game sounds like the silly, stupid, unapopogeticly offensive fun we need nowadays. not to mention all the free publicity this game is bound to get.
poiumty said:
The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap,"
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

The only way to make it better is call the home base "kitchen".
ya know? we should totally send in this suggestion to the game devs, like spam the crap outta them. and maybe they would redesign the bases to be... houses i guess. complete with game room, bedroom, and kitchen. and probably an armory and medicine cabinet for ammo/health etc. that would truly be awesome

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
poiumty said:
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

I lol'd, I would seriously admire the team if they had the balls of steel do do that.

Feb 19, 2010
krychek57 said:
NAHTZEE said:
thaluikhain said:
So...you kidnap women and slap them if they get annoying?

*headdesk*
i think its applied to the bum not the face.....
I would have thought this was a "No Shit Sherlock" moment for some.
seems that I was wrong.

Edit: http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/49884569175994368 needs more love
thats what most people are ignoring

Nov 5, 2007
NAHTZEE said:
krychek57 said:
NAHTZEE said:
thaluikhain said:

*headdesk*
seems that I was wrong.

That doesn't really make it any better. Slapping a girl on the ass to "calm her down" while you save (or kidnap or whatever) her is far from cool. It's actually pretty crass.

At some point, you have to wonder where the joke ends and the bad taste begins.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
poiumty said:
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

Hah ha XD that made me laugh ^_^ Oh man, chauvinist jokes are the best non-PC ones ;)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I knew it. I actually thought about "capture the babe" mode a couple of months back. It's so like Duke.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
CD-R said:
Capture the Babe is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of a flag, players have to pick up a "babe" and bring her back to the home base. The babe will sometimes freak out, and players have to give her a "reassuring slap," which is "more goofy than offensive" according to OXM. Hail to the King wasn't detailed, but is apparently a "King of the Hill" mode.
I don't know about that. I really hope that's a misquoote. It's not the 1950's anymore.
SEXISM?
IN A DUKE NUKEM GAME?
WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
NAHTZEE said:
krychek57 said:
NAHTZEE said:
thaluikhain said:

*headdesk*
seems that I was wrong.

That doesn't really make it any better. Slapping a girl on the ass to "calm her down" while you save (or kidnap or whatever) her is far from cool. It's actually pretty crass.

So what you're saying is it's better to let her freak out, run away and get abducted by the horrifying aliens you're fighting against?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Saviordd1 said:
This game is a step back in the "gaming isnt a childs toy" argument
I think the real point is that not all games are art, and many games are toys. This game is most certainly aiming to be a toy, to be fun; through its own self-parody and light-hearted nature it undermines the non-politically correct and potentially sexist nature of its content. That's kinda the point of the Duke.

Just are there are silly films, there's space in the market for silly games. Sure, Fox is BOUND to take it as ammunition in its crusade, and millions of Americans will likely denounce it without ever having experienced the content, but it's almost a sign of the genre's maturity that there space for it amongst the other mainstream games that strive so hard to be 'serious', 'realistic' or'artistic'.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Sounds appropriately crude, wrong, and oldfashioned to fit the image of the series.

The societal norms of the 1950's are thankfully nothing but a mockable parody these days, and good riddance to a game that's all about being overblown and in your face machismo using something like a "reassuring slap" for its utter outlandishness and total clash with the norms in today's society.

The fact that a game that's all about sheer ridiculousness use it is hardly anything to get worked up about; since it just goes to show how ridiculous such notions are considered today.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
poiumty said:
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

I beg you, please, send this idea to Gearbox. This NEEDS to be in the game.

OT: Unless I'm wrong, the media coverage for this game will be even funnier than the game itself. Wait... what if that's the company's master plan: to induce laughter with the stupidity and disgust of Fox News and others! It's like Dante's Inferno, but they don't need to hire people to get mad or make ridiculous contests! It's geinus!

Nov 5, 2007
IronicBeet said:
ShadowKirby said:
NAHTZEE said:
krychek57 said:
NAHTZEE said:
thaluikhain said:

*headdesk*
seems that I was wrong.

So what you're saying is it's better to let her freak out, run away and get abducted by the horrifying aliens you're fighting against?
Or, you know, maybe the devs could have her not freak out.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Jetpacks are multiplayer only? NOOOOOOOOO!
*Ahem*
Sounds fun. I was hoping for a golden gun mode where one player plays as Duke and the others play as aliens trying to kill him. Oh well.
And Capture the Babe basically sounds like Fat Princess without the fat.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
poiumty said:
Pffffhahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god you made my day! I can't believe my own overly sexist, misogynistic mind didn't make that joke. xD

I also love how there are still people around that don't understand that everything in Duke is meant to be over the top and not taken seriously. "OH NOES, YOU CANT SLAP WIMINZ! THAT'S WRONG!" Get over yourselves.

Matterer

Mar 17, 2011
This is sounding incredibly generic, and anything that isnt generic, like the humor, feels awkwardly forced. I predict that this will basicly be a way for people to buy Duke Nukem 3d again, except higher graphics and levels in a different order.

kjh242

Jan 7, 2010
therandombear said:
Mr.K. said:
Oh crap, I can just see Fox News chewing them up over this, but hey that's part of the fun :p
Ye, if Bulletstorm made you a rapist, I wonder what Duke Nukem will make you xD

Sounds fun really.
your game isn't offensive enough unless fox news hates it. lol.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
im sorry but really guys? all of the assumptions that the people who are getting mad are Americans, and the people who arent are "13 year old virgins" are stupid. Sex doesnt make you automatically grow up, and being an american doesnt automatically make you dumb, im tired of this mindset on these forums.