Duke Nukem Train Wreck Trashes Take-Two

tzimize

New member
Mar 1, 2010
2,391
0
0
Azaraxzealot said:
looks like they'll be getting bought out by EA or Activision after all.

Say hello to GTA milking!

sunami88 said:
Auxiliary said:
They should have brought LA Noire to the PC as well. Point and click adventures are right up our alley.
Seconded. I really want to play this game, but I'm between consoles at the moment...
then they would have had piracy making sales even worse. great.
Hello flawed logic?

How the fuck would sales be worse? They wouldnt unsell console copies because of a PC-release even if EVERY single pc-user pirated the game.
 

Snowy Rainbow

New member
Jun 13, 2011
676
0
0
Andy Chalk said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
So you would rather do what you know is flawed because the other guys will laugh at you if you do it the right way?
What did I do? I pointed out the truth, the obvious fact, the way it is: that a 50/100 score is a train wreck for a major game release. If you can find anything at all untrue in that statement, you go ahead and let me know.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said inflating scored because "everyone" else does is unprofessional.
 

Nazrel

New member
May 16, 2008
284
0
0
Snowy Rainbow said:
Andy Chalk said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
So you would rather do what you know is flawed because the other guys will laugh at you if you do it the right way?
What did I do? I pointed out the truth, the obvious fact, the way it is: that a 50/100 score is a train wreck for a major game release. If you can find anything at all untrue in that statement, you go ahead and let me know.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said inflating scored because "everyone" else does is unprofessional.
Not doing it despite everyone else doing it, will just confuse people. The 5 to 10 system is assumed now days, it is the norm. If you start doing it properly people will assume that you hate everything.
 

Snowy Rainbow

New member
Jun 13, 2011
676
0
0
Nazrel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Andy Chalk said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
So you would rather do what you know is flawed because the other guys will laugh at you if you do it the right way?
What did I do? I pointed out the truth, the obvious fact, the way it is: that a 50/100 score is a train wreck for a major game release. If you can find anything at all untrue in that statement, you go ahead and let me know.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said inflating scored because "everyone" else does is unprofessional.
Not doing it despite everyone else doing it, will just confuse people. The 5 to 10 system is assumed now days. If you start doing it properly people will assume that you hate everything.
If people wish to make assumptions and neglect to actually read the review... well, they're idiots.
 

Pyro Paul

New member
Dec 7, 2007
842
0
0
Azaraxzealot said:
then they would have had piracy making sales even worse. great.
Piracy is apart of sales, Period.
Do you really think that just because it is on consoles that it wasn't pirated at all?

Console Emulators + ROMs = Pirated Console games. you don't need modified consoles, duel layered disks, or special encoding. If your in the market you have to just accept that a portion of your profit is going to not be there because of Theft and piracy regardless of the format or console it is on.

the connotation that it having a PC localization is atkin to piracy is just ignorant.
 

Nazrel

New member
May 16, 2008
284
0
0
Snowy Rainbow said:
Nazrel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Andy Chalk said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
So you would rather do what you know is flawed because the other guys will laugh at you if you do it the right way?
What did I do? I pointed out the truth, the obvious fact, the way it is: that a 50/100 score is a train wreck for a major game release. If you can find anything at all untrue in that statement, you go ahead and let me know.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said inflating scored because "everyone" else does is unprofessional.
Not doing it despite everyone else doing it, will just confuse people. The 5 to 10 system is assumed now days. If you start doing it properly people will assume that you hate everything.
If people wish to make assumptions and neglect to actually read the review... well, they're idiots.
Some people just check the aggregate score at Metacritic,in fact it's industry standard to use Metacritic as a basis for bonuses. In fact, any statistical analysis of this information is going to disregard the reviews themselves.

Reading the review itself won't stop people from being confused; they'll say, "You said such nice things about this but, then gave it such a shitty score.", and troll, and troll, and troll.

Now I'm going to, for a moment, take your broad generalization of the intelligence of people who only use the scores as a fact. Now I want you to go to a coffee shop and look at coffee cup. Note how the cup of obviously hot coffee says "Caution, Hot!". Society kowtow's to the idiot, they're a major consumer base. Hell, the fact you keep arguing that following the professional standard is unprofessional... I'll leave people to their own conclusions.
 

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 22, 2020
3,546
5
43
Country
USA
cursedseishi said:
Disappointing but expected to me for LA Noire. It's a modern release of an Adventure game, a AAA release at that. It's also a style of game that not everyone is going to be into, and is a title that is far far from what Rockstar is known for. Like it was mentioned above, the game could of definitely benefited from a broader release.
Pretty much what I was going to say. LA Noire is a hard sell to the average gamer. It seems silly to me that they expected it to sell a million copies in a month.
 

Snowy Rainbow

New member
Jun 13, 2011
676
0
0
Nazrel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Nazrel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Andy Chalk said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
So you would rather do what you know is flawed because the other guys will laugh at you if you do it the right way?
What did I do? I pointed out the truth, the obvious fact, the way it is: that a 50/100 score is a train wreck for a major game release. If you can find anything at all untrue in that statement, you go ahead and let me know.
I didn't say it wasn't. I said inflating scored because "everyone" else does is unprofessional.
Not doing it despite everyone else doing it, will just confuse people. The 5 to 10 system is assumed now days. If you start doing it properly people will assume that you hate everything.
If people wish to make assumptions and neglect to actually read the review... well, they're idiots.
Some people just check the aggregate score at Metacritic,in fact it's industry standard to use Metacritic as a basis for bonuses. In fact, any statistical analysis of this information is going to disregard the reviews themselves.

Reading the review itself won't stop people from being confused; they'll say, "You said such nice things about this but, then gave it such a shitty score.", and troll, and troll, and troll.

Now I'm going to, for a moment, take your broad generalization of the intelligence of people who only use the scores as a fact. Now I want you to go to a coffee shop and look at coffee cup. Note how the cup of obviously hot coffee says "Caution, Hot!". Society kowtow's to the idiot, they're a major consumer base. Hell, the fact you keep arguing that following the professional standard is unprofessional... I'll leave people to their own conclusions.
So... idiots will be idiots? Let them. I'll continue happily reading more than one opinion on something and making informed decisions.
 

Jadak

New member
Nov 4, 2008
2,136
0
0
Fappy said:
I understand relying on L.A. Noire, but why the hell would they take such a big risk on a game that has had some many issues? That's just poor decision making on their part.
Did you read the same article? What says they they took a big risk? It was expected to be a decent seller, it flopped. Stock decreased, that's all this says. It's not like the went and gambled everything they had on the game or something.
 

Jeans44

New member
Aug 25, 2010
16
0
0
The only thing that's really horrible about DNF is the consoles ports, it really isn't as bad as everyone is saying it is. It's an above average FPS with some comedy and I prefer it over any average CoD clone.
 

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
12,010
0
0
Country
United States
Jadak said:
Fappy said:
I understand relying on L.A. Noire, but why the hell would they take such a big risk on a game that has had some many issues? That's just poor decision making on their part.
Did you read the same article? What says they they took a big risk? It was expected to be a decent seller, it flopped. Stock decreased, that's all this says. It's not like the went and gambled everything they had on the game or something.
I was commenting on the fact that 2K should have been cognizant of the game's troubled development cycle and that it was a sign that the game may turn out to be shit. I was implying that they SHOULD have realized what they were getting themselves into, not that they did know and decided to chance it.
 

DonTsetsi

New member
May 22, 2009
262
0
0
TypeSD said:
DonTsetsi said:
Azaraxzealot said:
looks like they'll be getting bought out by EA or Activision after all.

Say hello to GTA milking!

sunami88 said:
Auxiliary said:
They should have brought LA Noire to the PC as well. Point and click adventures are right up our alley.
Seconded. I really want to play this game, but I'm between consoles at the moment...
then they would have had piracy making sales even worse. great.
Because consoles cannot be pirated? Few people would pirate a PC game and wouldn't pirate a console game.

that PSX/1/2X360 chip mod never existed in your world? Ofc consoles can be pirated.
Sadly, sarcasm is often misunderstood in written form. What I was saying is no one who would pirate on the PC wouldn't pirate on a console. So the piracy argument is moot.
 

Levethian

New member
Nov 22, 2009
509
0
0
Alucard788 said:
*post removed due to me being so angry i can't really reply without expressing my anger*

However I will say that more, and more, i grow very very nervous and afraid of some of you.
You're not wrong for being offended, and I didn't mean to infer that you watch Fox. As far as I can see, you can type with a keyboard. People who watch fox eat their own fingers, so you are surely not one of them.
 

Katana314

New member
Oct 4, 2007
2,299
0
0
LA Noire didn't fail because it was a new venture. It failed because it was a new venture that didn't understand itself and was ultimately unfulfilling.

"You're lying, Ms. Weatherby. You weren't in that kitchen making that sandwich, you couldn't have been. You were working on finalizing a bomb filled with Black Death to help Hitler with his fourth reich!"