E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

Jun 26, 2009
Undead Warfare said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Right. Cause the gaming industry is FULL of innovation and companies not copying other companies. Also, I don't remember Microsoft saying they were original in doing so.

PS3 Wand =/= Wiimotion Plus? Haha. Oh wow.

At least Kinect is implementing voice commands and revolutionizing the entire Controler-less casual bullshit.
yeah i agree i got realy pissed at sony for that oh well i'm still there ***** and the only way that'l change is if... well... i'll get back to you on that.

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
tmujir955 said:
FinalDream said:
Since my launch day 360 sounds like a jet engine taking off I might pick this up.
It still works!?

What the hell have you been feeding it?
Hehe, I got a 360 a few weeks after they came out and mine is still running (I have 7.2 gig left on my 20 gig hard drive). I did have to send it in several months ago due to a RROD but I haven't ever replaced it...

Anyways, this seems to be a terrible way to treat the customers who bought 250GB hard drives and wifi adaptors...seems to be money grubbing to me anyways.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Dr Grimoure said:
Microsoft: Xbox 360 slim. all new! this hasn't been done before at all!
Sony: Well....
Microsoft: Shut up!
OT: i see it as another waste of money
Oh really? I see it as a sexier, quieter, slimmer, better, less overheating failure version of a great console made by Microsoft. So what if the PS2 and I even think the PSX did it before? Does that make it any less awesome? No? That is what I thought!
all i'm saying that its another thing that microsoft has copyed
and you can't get it any less awesome anyway in my opinion it sucks and you are entitled to say that you like it so go ahead. i dont care and i will not like it 'cus you told me to.
So your complaining that microsoft looked at past errors, and decided to not only correct them, but to remake the entire 360, add built in wireless (which if brought from microsoft is a con), make it look nicer, and then call it silmed down? Your either a sony follower, or just a hard man to please.

OT: Looks good, but damn microsoft for stealth realeases.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
im a hard boy to please I have all current gen conselsand in my opinion the PS3 is better and I swear if somone says that my opion is wrong I will go were they live and smack em one
Threating me over the internet. Cause that will achive something...

Since you've already admitted to being Sony's "*****", I doubt very much anything I say for Microsoft will register. Shame people have to pick sides, but there you go. So how long do I have to wait before you come and smack me?

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
VanityGirl said:
KoreyGM said:
BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRR

But in all seriousness they release a new console every few months to idiots will buy the latest version, watch, 6 months there will be the Slim with a 350Gb or something.
They released a new 360 model type 6 months ago?
If you mean just consoles with bigger harddrives, then both Sony and Microsoft do that. :p I wouldn't call that a new model.

But this 360 looks pretty coo. And by coo, I mean keeewl! I'd like a quieter console.
I'm assuming this model has the Jasper unit in it, correct? I'd like to lower my chances of Red Ringing, even though my nonJasper has been fine, MUAHAHAHA.
Yea I know Sony is worse about it, and they "Lowered" the chance of red ring but they will never fix it, because then they wouldn't have people buying multiple consoles, boosting there sales.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Matt_LRR said:
New 360 is stupidly sexy. now I just have to wait for my 360 to crap out to justify the purchase...

-m
Exactly the same feeling. Never thought that I'd be HOPING for a reason for my 360 to break.
I feel it is really bad that you're expecting it to die and then will be buying the same product again knowing it will die.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
KoreyGM said:
Yea I know Sony is worse about it, and they "Lowered" the chance of red ring but they will never fix it, because then they wouldn't have people buying multiple consoles, boosting there sales.
Well no console will ever be perfect. While the RRoD shouldn't have been as big an issue as it was. However, Microsoft replaced them for free.

And Sony didn't fix the Yellow Light problem on consoles either, so it's not too big a deal. :p

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I've been hearing rumors this thing will RROD much more than the normal models, since they removed an internal fan or something to make it slim.

I hope that isn't true. Because if it is, I'm gonna lol alot.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
KoreyGM said:
Undead Warfare said:
Microsoft: Xbox 360 slim. all new! this hasn't been done before at all!
Sony: Well....
Microsoft: Shut up!
OT: i see it as another waste of money
Right. Cause the gaming industry is FULL of innovation and companies not copying other companies. Also, I don't remember Microsoft saying they were original in doing so.

PS3 Wand =/= Wiimotion Plus? Haha. Oh wow.

At least Kinect is implementing voice commands and revolutionizing the entire Controler-less casual bullshit.
Let's forget the fact they didn't even show anyone using Kinect at E3 or let anyone try it.

PFFFFT. You're not serious right? There's so much footage of people trying it. Take a look at it, some people look realllly funny.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I'm gonna get it, I'll just buy it next week, transfer all my memory on my NOW xbox 360 over to the slim then sell my NOW xbox 360 for 300 (or a little bit lower) and I'll have the money back, also Kinect looks MUCH better then PS Move, now the PS is going the way of the Wii.

I also can't understand why the PS Move couldn't do the same thing as Kinect. You know, having o controllers and registering the body, didn't they do that before? What was it called....oh yeah, THE EYE TOY! (I think) Seems awfully stupid of Sony not to make another better Eye Toy

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
I wish that they would have delayed it. I've heard that it breaks games if you accidentally move it while the game disc is spinning, on this very website, no less.

coolman9899

May 20, 2010
Looks SOOOO SICK ASS but sadly im saving up to replace my comp. The gas powered beast is smoking up my room XD

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
now with a smaller, sleeker RROD

(Im going to wait a month or so before I jump for it)

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
VanityGirl said:
KoreyGM said:
Well no console will ever be perfect. While the RRoD shouldn't have been as big an issue as it was. However, Microsoft replaced them for free.

And Sony didn't fix the Yellow Light problem on consoles either, so it's not too big a deal. :p
For free initially of course, but they haven't got rid of it cause they don't want to. Also they lowered the warranty on the Slim to 90 days, after that it only covers the optical drive.