E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
My God Microsoft seem to like ripping off dell. The original 360 looked like a white version of an optiplex GX240, now the slim looks like an Alienware Area 51... without the funky LED lighting.

This might of been mentioned before, but is it me or does Microsoft word it like this is a new concept?

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
If a console could be called sexy. I want one! NOW!

Seriously though, I wish I was there.

Apr 29, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Matt_LRR said:
New 360 is stupidly sexy. now I just have to wait for my 360 to crap out to justify the purchase...

-m
Exactly the same feeling. Never thought that I'd be HOPING for a reason for my 360 to break.
Look at the bright side. Hopefully when your current 360 breaks, the new one will be at a lower price.

indiana_104

May 28, 2010
*Sobs very loudly because he just bought an Xbox in April*

WHY? Why did you keep this a secret, Microsoft? At least then I would have waited, but no, you have to announce on the SAME day you're releasing it...

*Smashes his Xbox into tiny fragments and cuts self with them*

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Looks pretty awesome (and Ohhh, Shiny...), might be worth getting one as a second console now it has more basic features, less noice, and still better crossplatform support and earlier DLC whenever they differ between consoles.

Should've popped in a Blu-ray drive as a finishing touch though. And then called it something else than "Slim" (how about "Ultimate" or something?) to balance out any comparison to the PS3 at the same amount as now.

Also kind of not nice to not give a few months heads up on it. I'd be very angry/sad If I'd bought an Elite in the last few months, with this around the corner. But I guess they had a stock to clear.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
damn... this adds more pressure to me on deciding PS3 or xbox... that looks so awesome!!!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Huh. The Xbox is getting better quality. The PS3 got cheaper. The consoles are becoming the same.

Although I must say I don't really care too much; My PS3 (early one with backwards compatibility) is still my favorite console, in pretty much every way for me. I mean it's no looker and it weighs a lot, but who gives a shit? It's not a hooker. On it's own, as a console, I would definitely argue that it's the best console you could hope to own at the moment. Rather than this which is still not close to a PS3 perfomance-wise.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Bah gamestop is selling it for 350, hats with that? Picking it up on friday, anyone in Rhode Island want to wait with me?

OddOzZy666

Jul 3, 2008
Xbox 'slim'? They used that term lightly lol. Granted it does look okay, but it still doesn't make me want to buy one

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Kinect + 360 Slim Bundle cannot come sooner for me.

DustyDrB said:
And we have it for sure that the RROD is 100% absent in the new consoles...

...because only the one central light will go red.

source [http://www.videogamer.com/news/confirmed_360_red_ring_of_death_no_more.html]
I love that article. It's like saying murder has been changed to being fished, so nobody can be murdered anymore.

[sup]Because they'll be fucking fished instead.[/sup].

If my 360 Slim fucks up, I'm going to say it's got the Cod Square of Fish.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Dr Grimoure said:
Microsoft: Xbox 360 slim. all new! this hasn't been done before at all!
Sony: Well....
Microsoft: Shut up!
OT: i see it as another waste of money
Oh really? I see it as a sexier, quieter, slimmer, better, less overheating failure version of a great console made by Microsoft. So what if the PS2 and I even think the PSX did it before? Does that make it any less awesome? No? That is what I thought!
all i'm saying that its another thing that microsoft has copyed
and you can't get it any less awesome anyway in my opinion it sucks and you are entitled to say that you like it so go ahead. i dont care and i will not like it 'cus you told me to.
I don't think he was telling you to.

Also, as a shot in the dark here, do you like Sony?

Jun 26, 2009
Sparrow said:
MEGA SNIP

Also, as a shot in the dark here, do you like Sony?
Yes... I'm there ***** always. all the time. but i had the Wii first and i have an Xbox 2 i just prefere the PS3 due to most things and i do have Xbox live gold.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Don't give a damn about whether it's thinner or fatter or lighter or heavier or louder or quieter. Just fix the FUCKING Red Ring of Death already!

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Right. Cause the gaming industry is FULL of innovation and companies not copying other companies. Also, I don't remember Microsoft saying they were original in doing so.

PS3 Wand =/= Wiimotion Plus? Haha. Oh wow.

At least Kinect is implementing voice commands and revolutionizing the entire Controler-less casual bullshit.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Does anyone know if this supports memory cards? I know its not really necessary with the hard drive but I'd still like to know

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRR

But in all seriousness they release a new console every few months to idiots will buy the latest version, watch, 6 months there will be the Slim with a 350Gb or something.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Undead Warfare said:
Right. Cause the gaming industry is FULL of innovation and companies not copying other companies. Also, I don't remember Microsoft saying they were original in doing so.

PS3 Wand =/= Wiimotion Plus? Haha. Oh wow.

At least Kinect is implementing voice commands and revolutionizing the entire Controler-less casual bullshit.
Let's forget the fact they didn't even show anyone using Kinect at E3 or let anyone try it.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
KoreyGM said:
BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRR

But in all seriousness they release a new console every few months to idiots will buy the latest version, watch, 6 months there will be the Slim with a 350Gb or something.
They released a new 360 model type 6 months ago?
If you mean just consoles with bigger harddrives, then both Sony and Microsoft do that. :p I wouldn't call that a new model.

But this 360 looks pretty coo. And by coo, I mean keeewl! I'd like a quieter console.
I'm assuming this model has the Jasper unit in it, correct? I'd like to lower my chances of Red Ringing, even though my nonJasper has been fine, MUAHAHAHA.