E3 2010: Xbox 360 Slim Announced, Shipping Today

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Looks excellent. My Xbox is pretty old; I think I got it early 2008, so hopefully it will die any moment now and I can justify getting this new model!

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I think the whole thing is great, especially that they're keeping it the same price. Everytime the hard drive space went up before the price went with it. Now we've got a hard drive bigger than my computer's, the fastest wi-fi, a supposed non-break and quiet system, and something shiny. You can't lose with this remodel.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Unless I know what the RROD rate is for this one, MS can suck off a rat's ass. It costs the same! What kind of upgrade is this? I do not use wi-fi whatsoever. And kick me if I am wrong, but they make such a big deal out of this while PS3 had that built in FROM DAY 1!

Well, even if their conference sucked as much as Batman & Robin, they pretty hanged on by their fingers over a cliff thanks to that slim stunt.

On another note, the new Hot Pursuit looks awesome.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
FinalDream said:
Since my launch day 360 sounds like a jet engine taking off I might pick this up.
The jets instill fear, in the enemy.

OT: OW Early adopter pains just hit. They needed something to up the Xbox's value proposition now that the PS3 has taken a nice price drop, albiet at the loss of a couple features. I don't use wireless for mine so I'll probably skip this one. That's a nice sized hard drive... for a console, and I'd hope theyre using a thinner manufacture on the the cpu maybe 45nm? Or at least 60 I think the first runs were 90.. So nice product but I already have it in a somewhat louder form. Here's hoping the next gen xbox will launch as a quality product from what they've learned. I'd rather not have another generation of "Microsofts hardware is shoddy, Sony's hardware is unapproachable, The Wii is full of shovelware". I know all these systems have had thier shine but we need to get back to the day I laugh at the gamestop guy trying to sell me a waranty. My Genesis, still works, my ps2, still works, My Xbox vanilla... still works, but Gamestop had to give me 5 xbox for 430 dollars(purchase price + warranty).

and now you could have a slim xbox and slim ps3 for what a ps3 cost at launch.

D-Mc-G

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah the console is cool and all, but it's quite the dick move to not announce this months ago. All it's done is alienate ANYONE who bought a previous version of a 360 or forked out for those overpriced network adapters.

Also the fact they're taking away the external HD capability is just causing it to shoot itself in the foot in my eyes.

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
Does anyone else think it's hideous?
I don't like it either. Sure, it's nice & shiny, but I don't like that shape at all.
Sporky111 said:
What the FUCK!? They couldn't have advertised it a bit?

Two months ago I finally bit the bullet and bought a 360, but my biggest halting point was the fact that it didn't come with internet access standard. Not only that, but they expect you to give out an additional $100 for the adapter (I never bought one for that reason. Dollar vote, and all that)

So now they've got one with more than twice as much memory, and installed internet access for the very same price I paid for the Elite.

Fuck, I am pissed now...I bet Microsoft didn't advertise for this very reason. Scrape up the last bit of money they can from losers like me, and save ad money in the process. I hope they'll at least lower the price of their adaptors to somewhere near a reasonable price now.
You got it. How do you expect them to unload all the old models at full price if everyone knows something better's coming?

For those asking about data transfer from one HDD to the new one: I've read it'll take the same cable MS was giving out for free upon request to those upgrading to an Elite... but it'll cost ya $20 this time.

I don't like the new 360. It can't use the old HDD. It can't use memory cards. It can't use old power bricks. (I don't care about wireless internet.) I wouldn't mind having a 2nd 360, but with its reputation for breaking, I'd want one with interchangeable parts just in case.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well I can certainly say: it took them long enough. And yet, am I the first to think Alienware while looking at that?
Furburt said:
They'd have to have done some pretty serious optimization of the hardware to make it survive overheating in an even smaller space...

Plus, it'll be even more susceptible to bumps.

Ah well, it might work out fine, but still, it's tricky.
Well one can hope they took notes from this guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92901-Modder-Creates-New-Xbox-360-Laptop].
But considering Microsoft's trend of making crap and then correcting it(Windows 95, then Windows 98; Vista, then Windows 7), there may be a glint of hope here. And black will always be sexy. Remember, Sony wasn't the first to use that color for their console.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Hm. If it'll be confirmed that this one doesn't go RROD at all and don't scratch disks I might actually get one.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
John Funk said:
That is, unless you were lucky enough to be in the audience at the press conference, in which case Microsoft gave you one free.
SHIIIIT. Almost makes me wish i was in the industry so i could get a freebie.

Ah well, I'd buy it if it wasn't cheaper just to get my current one repaired.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Heh i just realised.

Didn't Sony do this exact same thing last year at E3 with the PS3 Slim? and for the exact same price?

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
i think that looks pretty awesome if you ask me, ill definately be saving up to get one!!

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Man. They released this at the perfect timing for me considering my 360 just crapped out like a month ago. I need 300 dollars badly. That thing is so sexy.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"built-in WiFi"
"250GB hard-drive"
"Talk about your last minute announcements!"

So, Microsoft threw in everything I've ever wanted in an X-Box and waited just 6 months after I bought mine to release it! Oh rage, I feel so warm when you fill me up...

Jun 26, 2009
Dr Grimoure said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Microsoft: Xbox 360 slim. all new! this hasn't been done before at all!
Sony: Well....
Microsoft: Shut up!
OT: i see it as another waste of money
Oh really? I see it as a sexier, quieter, slimmer, better, less overheating failure version of a great console made by Microsoft. So what if the PS2 and I even think the PSX did it before? Does that make it any less awesome? No? That is what I thought!
all i'm saying that its another thing that microsoft has copyed
and you can't get it any less awesome anyway in my opinion it sucks and you are entitled to say that you like it so go ahead. i dont care and i will not like it 'cus you told me to.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
And we have it for sure that the RROD is 100% absent in the new consoles...

...because only the one central light will go red.

source [http://www.videogamer.com/news/confirmed_360_red_ring_of_death_no_more.html]

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Haha, it will play out worse than they hoped.

All the inside stuff will be jammed together to make RROD's more probable.