E3: Halo Anniversary

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
If armour abilities are in this, I'm going to be uber-pissed. Online shouldn't have them either.
In fact, that will probably stop me from buying the game...

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Dr.Sean said:
DaHero said:
Dr.Sean said:
DaHero said:
Dr.Sean said:
So this won't be on PC?
Nope, because Microsoft wants the 360 to be the new master race.
Aww, will they at least have games on their iPad clone?
Noooo, the 360 is where the most profit is at.
B-but.... but you can't play Real-Time Strategy games on a console!
That's what the browser based Age of Empires cash in is for. Oh and Halo Wars sold enough copies.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
de5gravity said:
actually the online part will be the exact same as Reach (and compatible with Reach), so it won't feel like the original Halo
Not the co-op! Co-op is fully online, as is my understanding!
And that is 5 shades of awesome.

MurderousToaster said:
You could never play the original online on the Xbox. The PC version was the only one with online multiplayer, and that's still functional since it's server based.
Well then all the more reason to get this version.
Not everyone plays is on PC, obviously, so an online version for the consoles is sweet!

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I sure hope that it's at a bargin price. I am hoping for US$34.95 or AU$69.95 in Australia. I am so going to buy this just for the trip down memory lane and HD revenge on Flood!

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
so the chage is only skin deep when your in the better looking mode? ... huh was kinda hoping for an updated version aswell as the original.

does it have replay included? what about the gold elite that somtimes will just stand on that one bridge for awhile and then suicide?.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I hope they balance the weapons for multiplayer, or just tweak it so we don't have the "pea shooter" assault rifle, or the "battle rifle" pistol.

enclsam

Feb 5, 2010
I never played original, so i probably play it. More intresting part of aniversary is ability to switch betwen new and old graphics. (just like in monkey island remake)

ethanizaak

Mar 14, 2011
ultimasupersaiyan said:
I sure hope that it's at a bargin price. I am hoping for US$34.95 or AU$69.95 in Australia. I am so going to buy this just for the trip down memory lane and HD revenge on Flood!
That still seems awful steep to me. I'd find it hard to justify paying more than 20 bucks US since it seems that all we get is an updated overlay.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I'm very excited for this but I still think they should include more maps.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
Is it just me or does a mere 7 maps seem incredibly insubstantial, especially given that Halo PC was released with 19 maps? Maybe this is just the cynical side of me talking but this sounds like a very cheap ploy to sell map packs.
probably, actually i'll admit it just IS.
But as long as it has Blood Gulch, Forge, that Icy Multiplayer map (forget the name), Hang 'Em High, and the original AI for the enemies in Firefight, then i'm happy.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I was hoping they'd tweak the physics just a little bit. Don't get me wrong I love CE but Jesus does that Warthog handle like a fucking boat.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Everyone seems a little confused about this. Random facts about this release:

There will be NO online Halo 1 multiplayer. The multiplayer included is for Reach. It is very similar to Halo 3: ODST. "New" campaign, old multiplayer with new maps. The difference is, ODST included every single Halo 3 map in its multiplayer disc. If you don't have Reach, but you buy Halo Anniversary, you will only get the seven Reach maps that come with it. That's really effing lame, and I don't understand why they don't go the ODST route, but whatever.

Co-op can be played online. Two players only.

It's being released for 39.99 US dollars.

And they will be announcing new features before it's released in November. Probably things like Theater, scoring, and skulls.

Andy Pompeus

Jun 9, 2011
I was really excited about this until I watched the trailer. The Chief's redesigned look is like a poor fan-made mod, and the other assets seem to all be ported straight from Reach. Now the multiplayer seems to be turning out to be lower than fans expected. It all just seems so half-hearted, which is a terrible shame after people have been waiting for this for so long.
The only positive thing that the trailer showed was that the Assault Rifle has a 60 round magazine again, at long last.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Is it just me, or does this seem like the most incredibly pointless remake ever? The only reason this could possibly be relevant is if it mixed things up a little, gave you extra locations to play in, fleshed out the story a bit more, added more gameplay really. As it stands, apparently it's exactly the same. And as Susan pointed out, the graphics for the first game aren't even that bad right now anyway, so damned if I'm even going to consider buying this just for HD. And is it worth buying for multiplayer? Pfft. Hardly. You can't seriously claim that people have already gotten sick of playing Reach multiplyer. Besides, they've got even more multiplayer coming out once Halo 4 is released. All that, and I bet it's going be priced exactly the same as a AAA title.

Chrissake, why is everybody so escited about this game? I honestly don't get it. Ten years is worth celebtrating, I guess. But can this really be called celebrating? This is just rubbish.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
I am somewhat disappointed this is just a re-skin. I was hoping for a full on re-imagining a-la Tomb Raider Anniversary with gameplay that is refined and updated beyond the original. Oh well, maybe in another 10 years.