E3 megathread

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Saelune said:
I wish more IPs were willing to expand instead of just lingering on a few things. For example, I think Halo is too caught up in Master Chief and well, Halos. Could make a Mass Effect style game just based on The Covenant.
I'd like to see first contact with The Covenant on Harvest made into a game. We'd possibly get to see Sgt. Johnson again, when he was younger. At least we have Halo Wars 2 coming fairly soon, for a non-Chief story.

Oh, and the new Prey looked awful. Bland. Still sorta bummed that the bounty-hunting in space Prey 2 got canned.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
E3's been pretty shitty overall so far, Bethesda announced 2 mildly interesting games with a 1 minute CG trailer each and a couple of minutes of Dishonored 2 gameplay. That's it. I'm very disappointed to say the least.
Agreed. last year E3 was much better. it also has best opening ever when they show us Doom. there were surprises too.

Prey is easily game of show so far.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
B-Cell said:
Huh. Personally I can't really get over the fact that we're going from open world space bounty hunter game, to most likely linear "shoot the aliens" game. i feel like we've missed out on something unique for another average FPS.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Vigormortis said:
[sub]Though, it may still be Origin only on PC. Not sure yet.[/sub]
If EA is still the publisher then it will remain Origin exclusive.

Look on the brightside though, if you don't like Origin it could have been a lot worse. If the game was still Microsoft exclusive then it would be coming out on the Windows Store instead.

Saelune said:
Cause new IPs are overrated, and we already have an interesting established universe. Just because its not about one fucking guy, doesn't mean we need to kick out Asari, Krogan, Elcor, and those little fat guys whos race name eludes me.
Are you thinking of the Volus?

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
http://i.imgur.com/3c5CxT8.jpg?1

My word, isn't E3 just the greatest source of yearly cringe? Got to love when these mega-corporations try to come off as edgy and hip with the kids. Why am I reminded of Yahtzee's comments about the "Mircosoft branded Fun®"?

As if the spectacle of a bunch of people in a giant theater for the express purpose of watching ads didn't already look like some kind of dystopia-lite, now I swear they're just fucking with us.

Huh? The games themselves? Eh, the only thing to interest me so far is Dishonored 2.The first game had it's flaws, to be sure, but it was still an enjoyable game with an interesting world. This new one seems to have bumped up the more fantastical elements of its setting, which should be good.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Gekidami said:
B-Cell said:
Huh. Personally I can't really get over the fact that we're going from open world space bounty hunter game, to most likely linear "shoot the aliens" game. i feel like we've missed out on something unique for another average FPS.
its not only shoot the aliens. its system shock inspired FPS/RPG hybrid. something we dont see in decades.

beside lead writer of game is the one who wrote planetscape tourment.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I'm afraid I'l have to pay less attention to E3 then usual.

Nintendo is of course almost totally absent. Zelda is cool but that's all they have.

Sony...are jerks when it come to press conferences. Always holding them when its deep into the night over here. And since I have to work at six in the morning I'l just have to skip it.

So that's two out of the three big guns that won't be leaving me fully satisfied.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
FirstNameLastName said:
http://i.imgur.com/3c5CxT8.jpg?1

My word, isn't E3 just the greatest source of yearly cringe? Got to love when these mega-corporations try to come off as edgy and hip with the kids. Why am I reminded of Yahtzee's comments about the "Mircosoft branded Fun®"?

As if the spectacle of a bunch of people in a giant theater for the express purpose of watching ads didn't already look like some kind of dystopia-lite, now I swear they're just fucking with us.

Huh? The games themselves? Eh, the only thing to interest me so far is Dishonored 2.The first game had it's flaws, to be sure, but it was still an enjoyable game with an interesting world. This new one seems to have bumped up the more fantastical elements of its setting, which should be good.
That brand of corporate Anarchy[sup]TM[/sup] makes me nauseous. It's like everyone involved in the process had to leave their self-awareness in a bucket outside the meeting room.

So far Dishonored 2 is the only game I'm willing to keep my eye on.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
chrissx2 said:
Pseudonym said:
Because they have already estabilished universe that people know and like. There's nothing wrong in placing new game in it.
I'm aware of how the average nerd fetishises lore they regocnise over any artistic merit products might have, but I don't like that either. There was a big story in the ME universe, the background of which spawned millions of years, and now that story is over. Everything made now will either stand in the shadow of that other story, will completely ignore it, will contradict it, or will weakly try to overclass it, in which it will fail. Making the whole thing in a whole new universe with new rules, different tone, different subjects would have been much better.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
So far after EA and Bethesda the only things I am remotely interested in are Fe and Dishonoured... so far I am really unimpressed.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I just watched Totalbiscuit's reaction to Bethesda stream (I was asleep during that time). The Hosts were wearing a rainbow ribbon. That's a nice, heartwarming touch that I'm surprised no brought up in this thread.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
tf2godz said:
I just watched Totalbiscuit's reaction to Bethesda stream (I was asleep during that time). The Hosts were wearing a rainbow ribbon. That's a nice, heartwarming touch that I'm surprised no brought up in this thread.
I watched it briefly and Pete Hines was wearing a red, white, and blue one (from what I could tell). I thought it was nice and figured it wasn't rainbow simply because it happened day-of and they just didn't have any around.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Well shit, Rare might have actually shown something interesting.

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Sonmi said:
Well shit, Rare might have actually shown something interesting.
Right? Sea of Thieves looks like a lot of fun. Good for me it is coming to PC.