E3: Microsoft Accidentally Reveals Halo 4

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
What are they expecting to do with the franchise? Bungie is gone, the Covenenant are dead, the Flood is dead, the main hub for the Halos has been DESTROYED. What, is Master Chief going to land on the home planets of the Grunts or something?

Edit:
Teiraa said:
Charmi the ninja said:
can you honestly squeeze anymore from the halo franchise? i mean, really? really?
yes yes they can, by making a mmo fps of it
Well, then they would of named it Halo Universe or something like that. Not saying it isn't a good idea (the game has three factions or two factions and one "kill on sight" for both factions, upgrades would be the better armor the game already has, for humans at some point you could become a Spartan, this series is just begging for an FPS MMO) but it is Halo 4, which implies is follows Halo 3.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
HankMan said:
We said Goodbye,
they say Halo.
Halo Halo,
I don't know why we just don't say goodbye,
they say Halo.

EDIT:

Good song btw.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
New Halo? BRB, alerting my Halo fanboy roommate.

Here's hoping 343 has Bungie's magic.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
HankMan said:
We said Goodbye,
they say Halo.
Get this man some internets.

OT: Didn't the developers say that Halo was done? That Reach was going to be the last in the series? I don't begrudge Microsoft trying to milk more money from the name but it irks me that they're reviving a finished series.

It's like when the writer for Dragonball Z got fed up and quit and the higher ups just continued it with GT...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Who Dares Wins said:
I really, really hate, when developers say they're done with a franchise or an IP and then they just announce a new game. It just shows their greed. I'm pretty sure we will be seeing a new God of War, too.
Bungie said they're done. Microsoft did not. Hence why Bungie relinquished all rights to the Halo franchise to Microsoft who handed the series over to 343 Industries who are owned by Microsoft. The more you know.

Part of me is excited for a new Halo game, since i do like the franchise and i've loved it all the way back from Halo 1 on the original xbox. I am however dubious of stagnation, like most drawn out franchises, and even more dubious about a new studio taking the reigns which is being overseen by a first party. I get the feeling a lot of concessions are going to be made.

What i would like to see in Halo 4 are a greater enemy and weapon variety. Not sure about returning the flood. Reach seemed to do just fine without them. I'd also like to stick with playing a human / spartan / marine and not have to play as the Arbiter or some other alien. Lastly, despite its popularity, i really do not care for firefight and won't be upset if it's omitted. Never really found the appeal of Horde type game modes.

What i'd really like to see is new IP. I get that investors want people to play it safe and work with what they know sells, but still. Far too many sequels coming out. Nearly everything seems to be ending with a 3, and the stuff that doesn't is shovelware.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
News is that Microsoft purposely leaked the information to create buzz due to Apple's Press Conference starting at 1pm

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Here's hoping they go with a "Master Chief is actually Duke Nukem" Reveal, heck, maybe Duke Nukem Forever is actually Halo 4. I'd buy that.

Not G. Ivingname said:
What are they expecting to do with the franchise? Bungie is gone, the Covenenant are dead, the Flood is dead, the main hub for the Halos has been DESTROYED. What, is Master Chief going to land on the home planets of the Grunts or something?
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same way, all the plot was wrapped up, there are no real enemies left, the Halo mystery was solved, and it ended quite poetically in my opinion. As long as they don't have the Master Chief as the main character it could work, but then the way it is titled Halo 4 tends to hint towards a continuation of a story that they already ended.

Please don't mess this up Microsoft, or at least release it on PC so I can play it!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Has it occurred to anyone that all these leaks and reveals aren't accidental? Just more marketing to stir the sheep-like mentality of avid gaming enthusiasts into a potentially lucrative frenzy?

Also, why is everybody getting their panties in a twist over this? A new instalment in any franchise is not going to change the previous games. If you don't like the look of it, don't buy it. Make up your own bloody canon. No wonder the petulant man-child stereotype is so persistent, when people kick up such a stink about spacemen and lasers..

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I knew it would happen, they wouldn't have created Halo Way-point close to when the last game was coming out. Such a thing is for the long hall for Halo games.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Yes and they will have a huge "birthday party" with lots of colorful confetti.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Speaking as probably one of the worlds biggest Halo fans, they had better not fuck this up.

Halo 3 had the perfect ending to the Master Chief's story.

Halo: Reach was the perfect ending to the franchise period.

If this turns out to be just reheated leftovers from a publisher that has nowhere else for the series to go but it too cowardly to just lay it to rest some people at Microsoft and 343 Industries are gonna get skinned alive.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
The milking of the big cash cow continues?

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at such a revelation.
Was this Sarcasm? We knew this was coming- it's no secret that 343's job is to continue the Halo franchise.
Rensenhito said:
"Accidentally" leaked it. Yeah. Sure they did.

As for the prospect of a new Halo, I'm indifferent. Reach's multiplayer was really good, but the single-player campaign suffered for it, so I'm hoping they'll work on the single-player stuff this time around.
Really? I thought both were awesome.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
"Accidentally" leaked it. Yeah. Sure they did.

As for the prospect of a new Halo, I'm indifferent. Reach's multiplayer was really good, but the single-player campaign suffered for it, so I'm hoping they'll work on the single-player stuff this time around.

dosp5

May 14, 2011
Who Dares Wins said:
I really, really hate, when developers say they're done with a franchise or an IP and then they just announce a new game. It just shows their greed. I'm pretty sure we will be seeing a new God of War, too.
Actually this isn't a bungie product. It is microsoft asking for another cash cow.
To be honest,as a halo fanboy, I don't know how to feel about this. Halo 3 ended the series with dignity, reach was a fun excursion for the fans,but I don't know what this is doing. Not to certain if I will buy it or not.