E3: Microsoft Announces Halo 4 (and 5, and 6)

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
Remember when they said there would be no more Halo games... and people actually believed it? Yeah, that was good times. Well, time to go back to my fortress of not giving a damn about Halo... weeeeee!
To be fair, it was 'No more Halo games made by Bungie', this is made by 343 Industrys.

Ahhh, technicalities...

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
Halo 4: Give Us Your Money.

Halo 5: Again.

Halo 6: You're Still Buying This?

Halo 7: We Haven't Had an Original Idea in Years and We Still Make Millions

Halo 8: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Halo 9: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Pt.2: The Return!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
A part of me is desperately clinging onto the Halo-Marathon connection theory. I'm not sure if this killed it or brought it new life...

Either way, I'm looking foreward to it, but I lack the enthusiasm for the series I used to have. I'll get it after a few price drops, and probably will enjoy it.
But its not the same without playing it with my sister.

More importantly, Will someone finally remember that Halo structures have teleportation capabilities? They never bring it up. Cortana uses it once, then forgets about it completely. There was no really good reason they just didn't use it!

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
yes we get it cortana HIS NAME IS JOHN! she said it like 7 times...also where did the jetpack come from? no one upgrade the suit so...

and i know Master Chief is one luck bastard but...that wasnt even luck in that trailer,its like a god came and just put everything in a convenient way for him...really?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Erana said:
More importantly, Will someone finally remember that Halo structures have teleportation capabilities? They never bring it up. Cortana uses it once, then forgets about it completely. There was no really good reason they just didn't use it!
If you listen, she does it it requires a large amount of power, she says she can get it from the suit, but they should only use it once.

Pays of to listen ;)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Rpground said:
yes we get it cortana HIS NAME IS JOHN! she said it like 7 times...also where did the jetpack come from? no one upgrade the suit so...
In the books, all suits are equipped with them for missions in space.

And she was shouting John to wake him up, she can't exactly open the curtains :p

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
A new company, a new take on the Halo Franchise.

This could be a great fresh start for the series, because new people and new ideas are on board and they are planning the whole thing in advance, and Master Chief ending up god knows where as a result of the warp gate means the sky's the limit.

I'd be optimistic as opposed to a hater.

If the game comes out and stinks, then hate, but give it a chance before that.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
REPTILE 0009 said:
It just pains me to think that MovieBob will have something snarky to say about this.
Yes, indeed he will but at least he will have a perfectly good reason to do so this time.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
arc1991 said:
Rpground said:
In the books, all suits are equipped with them for missions in space.

And she was shouting John to wake him up, she can't exactly open the curtains :p
Yeah thats true, but remember EVERY OTHER GAME how she calls him "chief" rather than anything else. It might be the fact that the new developers are winking at the fans loyal to the series and trying to "look up" to the prequels as something to live up to rather than a jumping off point.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
I know a 4th was coming but the fact they have 5 and 6 planned as well just paints they all as going to be crapy money making games that are just going to disapoint fans, I honestly do hope 343 can keep the story line good but a game isn't all about it's story.

Also when did he get jet boosters on his armour? seems like another gimic to get sale, "Cheif now has a jetpack, just like in Reach"

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
martintox said:
Digikid said:
necromanzer52 said:
Halo 3 had a perfect ending and now...
No Halo 3 did NOT have a perfect ending. Did you watch ALL of the cutscenes at the end? No game would leave the hero floating in space like that.
Halo 3 may not have an ending,but it had,you know,an ending.

The point of Halo 3 was to FINISH THE GODDAMN FIGHT.

So,unless Halo 4,5 and 6 are prequels,I'm calling "cash-in".
Yeah the fight was finished....or was it? It could have been continuing in another quadrant of the universe that the Chief is now in.

Think about it. The universe is vast....it could have been continuing elsewhere without knowledge.

And no.....this is NOT a prequel at all. Watch the trailer again. NOT. A. PREQUEL.

TheHardcase

Jun 7, 2011
I think the thing I look forward to most about this game is knowing that Yahtzee will most likely write an extremely hilarious review of it.

I've always enjoyed the other games, but for some reason I've always hated Halo's multiplayer. There's just something about it that annoys the piss out of me, and I've gotten more and more frustrated as they focus more and more on it and leave us shooter fans with no friends out in the cold (alone, as always). In contrast, I've usually found Halo's cooperative was very fun to play with a friend in split-screen (online it's less fun) because you can get drunk and put it on Legendary and see how ridiculous you can be.

In short, Halo will always be THAT game to me. That one that I'll always enjoy playing with friends (in the SAME ROOM), but if I tried to play it alone I would get bored and put in something better.

So this game announcement, while completely unsurprising (I'm surprised that people are surprised), doesn't really bother me in any way, but I'm not exactly excited. My curiosity has been piqued. Maybe they'll do something new (ha).

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Maybe if they bring this out for PC I might be interested since I can't stand consoles for FPS', I need my mouselook dammit. (no I haven't finished Halo 2 or 3 cause of said issue and not getting vista).

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
There are four kinds of people on this:
group a)halo haters
group b)people who complain abou microsoft not having decency
group c)people who just nerdgamsed at the news
group d)why does he have a jetpack?

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
At first I was like:

:D

Then I watched the trailer and I was like:
:/

icame said:
Also, his escape from the ship was far, far, FAR too smooth.
Because of that. And that the whole trailer really underwhelmed me. But trailers be trailers, I shall still look forward to this game.

I just know they'll run it into the ground though, unfortunately.

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
When will this putrid series just die? The story is bland and cookie cutter, the gameplay is about as exciting as pretty much every other modern FPS, and the "online experience" can best be summed up as a bunch of inbred wankers screaming in your ear about daring to not have a penis and therefore not be capable of gaming.

But no. We need another 3 of these games. Another set of unimaginative, bland, modern FPSes that will be utterly unremarkable to anyone who isn't a slavering fanboy.

I'm hoping that Halo gets the Metroid: Other M treatment. Although a Halo game sinking that low in quality might rip open a spacetime singularity.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Biodeamon said:
There are four kinds of people on this:
group a)halo haters
group b)people who complain abou microsoft not having decency
group c)people who just nerdgamsed at the news
group d)why does he have a jetpack?
Group E) Halo 4 deniers (not seen yet)

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
GamesB2 said:
I'd still like to see some more spin off games (More ODST, more Halo Wars, maybe something where you play exclusively as the Covenant) but hell I don't care, I love Halo and no doubt I'll buy into this trilogy and the Anniversary Edition.

Here's hoping that 343 can show off some skill, and some good storytelling.

Now, a wave of hate!
I like the idea of a game played entirely as an Elite or something, as I really enjoyed The Arbiter's missions in Halo 2.

My response to the new Trilogy...

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
PLEASE DON'T SUCK...
I second this.I am also VERY curious what we will be fighting since the Covenant seems to be out. The Flood maybe? I hope not.

(That looked like a Collector ship at the end.)

StubbornGiant

Apr 30, 2011
All i can say is...what the hell is the story going to be?

That in its own right is why I'm Interested in this sequel, and why I'm fearing it. D: