EA CEO John Riccitiello Resigns - UPDATED

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009

Oh joy. Let's celebrate by making fun of statements made by EA and Johnny Boy.

"We thank John for his contributions to EA since he was appointed CEO in 2007, especially the passion, dedication and energy he brought to the company every single day"
Yes I could truly see the passion with which he took every opportunity to screw over the paying customers.

"EA is an outstanding company with creative and talented employees"
"Employees who's creativity and talent I enjoyed crushing and despoiling with our harsh deadlines, corner cutting and homogenisation of IP to try to make all our games appeal to everyone."

"I remain very optimistic about EA's future - there is a world class team driving the Company's transition to the next generation of game consoles."
A world class team who can look forward to their talent being wasted slightly less.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
Dunno why everybody is so happy about this. They will just replace him with another suit with no understanding of the industry and continue as normal.

Jan 27, 2011
"It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago," he wrote. "And for that, I am 100 percent accountable."
Why do I find that statement very very ominous?

Why do I get the mental image of a bunch of shadowy guys in suits looking down at him and going "You have fallen below your projected estimates. This is not acceptable. You know what you have to do" while sliding a pistol with one bullet to him. >_<

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
aegix drakan said:
"It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago," he wrote. "And for that, I am 100 percent accountable."
Why do I find that statement very very ominous?

Why do I get the mental image of a bunch of shadowy guys in suits looking down at him and going "You have fallen below your projected estimates. This is not acceptable. You know what you have to do" while sliding a pistol with one bullet to him. >_<
"We are disappointed in you Mr Ricitiello. You may quit and leave by your own volition through the front door, or we can may you leave through the window."

LoLife

Dec 7, 2012
First George Lucas sells off Star Wars to Disney then Elite Dangerous & Star Citizen gets funded and now John Riccitiello Resigns the lord sure works in mysterious ways =)