EA: Dungeon Keeper Failed by "Innovating Too Much"

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
The only thing I can think of that would make that phrase make any sense is that when he said the game "innovated too much", what he really meant is "we changed it too much from the original games", referring to the fact that no one was happy with a Dungeon Keeper reboot that basically completely changed its genre. Though even that would require getting Inigo Montoya in here to point-out that changing a game's genre isn't "innovation".
Actually, what would require Inigo Montoya in here would be to go sword-y on this guy. The word-thing would be a pure bonus.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
This was good for a real genuine laugh :)

We already know that EA is dishonest and insincere as hell to their customers. But how it it possible that they could be so dishonest and insincere to themselves?

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
...since when is ripping off Clash of Clans innovative? Seriously, since fucking when? I mean come the balls on. Ergh, EA do a better job getting these stupid cunts who come out and say shit like this silent, its doing you no bloody favours. /rant.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I think we should lobby for a new rule in the world that if you are going to call something 'innovative' you also have to say how it is innovative, because I really don't see how Dungeon Keeper was in any way innovative.

Hmm, lets see. Laughing gif...laughing gif... Ah, here's one.

RIP Flashheart.

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
synobal said:
Does anyone have the "you keep using that word" image macro ready? because this would be the perfect time to use it.
Your wish is my strong recommendation.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
There definitely needs to be an equivalent of Poe's Law for video game publisher executives.

For those who don't know Poe's law states that religious fundamentalists believe and say such stupid things that it is essentially impossible to be sure whether something is a parody or not.

Can we have an EA Exec law: EA Execs make such stupid comments that you cannot reliably seperate then from a parody of what an EA exec might say.

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
You were just too innovative? Riiiiight...

Like a chef saying his food tastes too good.

Or an author saying her writing is too beautiful.

Or a comedian saying he's too funny.

Or Jesus saying he's delivering too much salvation.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
EA must really be trying to reclaim their status as "Worst Company in America".

P.S. Thanks

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
I get the image they really are that delusional. All the more hilarity for us lowly peasants.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Queen Michael said:
synobal said:
Does anyone have the "you keep using that word" image macro ready? because this would be the perfect time to use it.
Your wish is my strong recommendation.

You missed a golden opportunity to say "As you wish."

OT: Oh EA. You're so considerate. I spend too much money on games, and every word that comes from your office tightens my purse strings.

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
Now is has me even more worried about Battlefront's future. If Dungeon Keeper: Cow Clicker Edition was "innovative" by EA's standards, just imagine how they are going to "innovate" their up and coming games.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Why are they still talking? Anyone with half a brain should have decided to just shut up about Dungeon Keeper weeks ago. If they ask you about it in an interview then just give them the most boring wishy-washy answer possible. Worst comes to worst, be actively nonsensical. 'Due to flaws in the game design, this product didn't do well'

Lets see someone try to make a decent headline out of that. Don't go spouting out the most ridiculous click-baiting headline sound-bytes possible. It's like it's EA in the pocket of the gaming media this time round.

Geeze, can you be competent at your cynical cash-grabbing please?

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Oh my God, they really think gamers are that stupid? Jesus Christ, Your shit was cought, you got called out on it. At least say sorry before you try it again. maybe he saw Jim's episode and they don't want to say sorry after that.

Also,

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I never knew having to sit through a 24 hour lockout in order to do anything was considered innovative. Plainly we have been looking at this the wrong way the whole time.

And the subject of next weeks Jimqusition is...

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Brainplant said:
"I think we might have innovated too much or tried some different things that people just weren't ready for"

So... you're saying it's our fault, then? Just admit you're saying that!
No, no, he is admitting a fault of their own; They see now that they must double their efforts in rearing a generation with sufficiently lowered standards.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
momijirabbit" post="7.854936.21164097 said:
HAHAHAHAHA.
No.
That is incorrect.

God I hate EA.

There fixed it for you, let me join in shall I?

On topic,REALLY EA?! Timers on TIMERS and forcing you to wait up to 24 hours to make one PORTION of progression to making a room is innovation? Yeah, maybe if your goal was to innovate the ways one can be separated from their money per chance. Goddammit EA, I WANT to get Dragon Age Inquisition, STOP DOING THIS SHIT.