EA Exec: Shigeru Miyamoto "Falling Down on the Job"

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
You work for EA, so of course I'm going to believe and trust absolutely anything you say.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
An EA exec calling out Miyamoto himself.

This issue could not be any more one sided unless if it's Gabe Newell instead. On either side.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Kyogissun said:
Talking shit about a big name publisher/developer kinda reeks of insecurity on the other publisher/developer's part...
Tanis said:
"might be a bit too much more-of-the-same"

Seriously?
From E-A?
From *insert sport here* yearly, basically overpriced DLC
From CoD yearl, basically overpriced DLC.
etc/etc/etc?

Hah..no, it's not funny, it's pathetic and sad.
Do not compare Battlefield to Call of Duty. Battlefield isn't a yearly release, nor does it just RESKIN everything, nor does the game favor unintelligent twitch based competitive multiplayer.

EA may do a lot of shitty things but DICE is one of the few parts of them that TRIES to do good. At least the BF games come out only every other year (nowadays), TYPICALLY provide SOME form of significant gameplay improvement (BF4's improved commander mode, destruction engine, gun customization and even further expansion on vehicular combat, not to mention potential improvements to the scoring system like how BF3 improved means of scoring points through non-kill based actions like suppressive fire scores, resupplies/heals. vehicle disabling and much more) and have massive maps that favor teamwork and cooperation versus lone wolf thinking.

And the DLC for BF3 also provided a lot of stuff, from new ideas for map dynamics like Aftermath, returns of favorite gameplay modes such as CTF, vehicle only/change of gameplay styled packs like Armored Kill and its introduction of the Tank Destroyer class to tanks...

Shit on EA and its decisions all you want but seriously, leave battlefield out of it, it's one of the FEW things they don't ROYALLY fuck up on a regular basis. It's one of the few bread winning things they haven't completely fucked with yet...
Battlefield hasn't changed since 2142, it's the same boring MMS. One or 2 were fine but I miss the earlier games where each one was a different era/game and felt different, not now where I look at BF3 and think *eh a graphical upgrade to 2, I'll get it* and buy it, get bored because it's inferior to 2 and then look at 4 and think *errr that's just BF3*. It is just like CoD now, the same old MMS released every few years....... boring. Like the rest of EA.

Battlefront looks interesting for now though......

EDIT: Fixed it to say every few years rather than every year, hard to tell as it's getting to the point that all modern shooters look the same, yeah I'm sick of them.

Darkness665

Dec 21, 2010
EA, the entire frakking company, has lost the point of gaming. They are filled with distaste for customers, gamers, parents, children and any other sucker that they can leech money from. They add multi-player to destroy games. They are moving to mobile because they trashed talked regarding how they were going to have the best FPS in Battlefield 3. They got their corporate butt shot off after shooting off their mouths.

What a jerk, doing a jerk move, a jerk talk from a horrible company. Great article. A shame it isn't in print because this really needs to be in the compost pile.