EA Makes Nice With Activision and Modern Warfare 3

Feb 13, 2008
Irridium said:
But, I'm saying to much. I may be branded a hater and lose my ability to play all of the amazing games EA has produced over the past few years. Such insanely innovative titles like Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3.
[HEADING=2]THAT'S NUMBERWANG![/HEADING]

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
You know why EA did this, people are trading in BF3 for MW3.

I like Battlefield and all, but I knew this was coming.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Well, EA is still miles ahead of Activision. I hope MW3 bombs (although I know it surely won't)

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
Companies competing? In a market based on competition and trying to get people to prefer your product? HEAVENS NO, we MUST protest! Burn down their buildings! Unleash rabid chickens in their homes! This must not happen!

Seriously though, BF and COD are both completely legitimate games. Stop hating on them please? Maybe we can just agree to disagree.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if EA quickly fires Patrick Soderlund for being to respectful of the competition. That's what large assholes I think they are at this point. That is, if this statement wasn't already ordered to be given by that weasel John Riccitiello who would never eat his own words and say such nice things about Activision and MW3 at this point.

Irridium said:
I don't know. All I know is that since we also use Steam, it also means we're willing to use any other program from any other company regardless of what that company has done. Because signing up for a service from a trusted company such as Valve who has shown they are willing to work and fix issues that make the service crap, is definitely the same as signing up for a service from EA who has shown they're willing to take your money and simply treat you with contempt at best.
This post should be placed in one of the ad banner locations for all to read. Steam and Origin are not the same at all, and using Steam (a great product from a respectable company) is not the same thing as using Origin (a product that claims it will scan your entire hard drive among other things from a company who hates you, me, and just about everyone). Anyone who says otherwise is severely lacking in common sense.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I think it's nice to see that there's at least one person in a high position at EA that's civil and professional.

joshperry94

Oct 23, 2011
I am genuinely so happy that this has happened!! EA didn't play fairly with some of the things that they said (they were being cocky bullies), whereas Activision haven't really resorted to EA's petty taunts...

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
Sooo... People at EA marketing that got so worked up about Battlefield 3 and started calling GOOD or even EXCELLENT programmers (marketing guys mind You) IDIOTS (let's face it, You can't put a marketing chimp in a dev seat but You could put a programmer in a marketing seat any time) now suddenly have a change of heart after their campaign is over? I M H O there's no way to turn back time, it's EA's fault and no matter how many "I'm sorry" messages will we hear there will be bad blood forever between BF and CoD. And that's EA own wrongdoing. Games should be about fun not Dicking around and that's what electronic arts seems to be doing lately, a lot...

Lord I'm so happy that there are some indie devs with skills left on this planet or gaming industry would be a total shitpile.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
Who didn't expect MW3 to dominate BF3 in sales? It's a shame though. As much as I like Cod, and will buy MW3, Battlefield 3 is all kinds of awesome. 64 player conquest map, in a squad full of friends is an absolute blast.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
I find it interesting that the quotes pulled are from three different people. Perhaps that last one (Patrick Soderlund) is the one EA Higher-Up with a sense of professionalism?

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
I'm not the least bit surprised that EA has changed their tone considerably in the face of average sales.

Not to say that Battlefield 3 didn't do well, but I'm sure that MW3 will do much better. Personally, I could care less, I hate military style FPS games, but I loathe EA to the core of my being

Althus

Sep 24, 2010
Man this all situation is like seeing a Venezuelan soap opera, it gets better by the minute, I am actually thinking in getting MW3 just for pissing off EA .

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
EA Makes Nice with Activision and Modern Warfare 3 to Save Face

I think this title would be more appropriate.

In all seriousness, as much as I don't like Activision and the Call of Duty series (and I really don't like them), Modern Warfare 3 is gonna mop the floor with Battlefield 3 when it comes to sales.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
The average gamer doesn't like a game designed around camping bushes and camping vehicle spawn points so that he has a chance.

No offense to Battlefield, I'm sure it's fun, but that was the impression I got from the beta. Either you camped or you died repeatedly. That's just no fun.
To be fair that's the impression I got from every CoD multiplayer since CoD4, but that's just my experience with the series.

OT: I don't care about EA or Activision themselves, I care about the games themselves and personally I've always been a Battlefield fan and IMO it's the better series, I've always had with way more fun with those games and the fact that you need teamwork to succeed.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
LOL EA fail.

in all seriousness i've been reading non-stop threads from the battlefield 3 fanboys, and now the game is out, i feel liberty to say this,

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

look EA you tried and it's admirable but let's face it, CoD has always had a bigger crowd. maybe a bigger fan base then we thought. just saying.

Plus you have already lost sales by not using or correction sorting out your problems with Steam. maybe thats why you couldn't well beat CoD

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Lol, still not buying BF3 because a) it's on origin b) EA aren't gettin any more of my money and c) it's got nothing new to offer. I'm willing to bet that sales of BF3 have been lacklustre and EA are being their normally retarded selves about trying to mitigate damage.