EA Manager Calls Black Ops Brand "Tired"

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Oh gods, not this shit again.

Someone needs to grab these two, bash their heads together and then force them to sit down for a nice tea party.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Wow, EA... That was... pathetic. Only one of those games actually exists... The sequel actually seems legitimately-different... there's already two trilogies in this franchise... And EA is... Wow.

I'm really starting to see why you people hate them so much. All I knew beforehand was that they made some awesome 007 and Lego games back in the day and purchased Borne Games and Popcap. Then, I came here.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Lugbzurg said:
I'm really starting to see why you people hate them so much. All I knew beforehand was that they made some awesome 007 and Lego games back in the day and purchased Borne Games and Popcap. Then, I came here.
Wait you're talking about EA here right? They do own both Borne and Popcap, but not 007 (Activision) and Lego games were published by (Eidos, Lucasarts, and later Disney) and all developed by Travelers Tales (Warner Bros).

OT: This is just adorable watching them like schoolyard children "My franchise can beat up your franchise" and such.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
MegaManOfNumbers said:
LETS DO THIS!

EA is packin' heat! Can Activision rebuttal? Tune in next week! And prepare yourself for the ever so hyped follow up to the BF3-MW3 Clash of 2011! Coming soon....

BLOPS2 VS (Another-generic-FPS-by-EA-seriously-can-we-just-stop-this-is-bloody-ridiculous-both-companies-suck-ass-and-make-shitty-generic-sequels) Of 2012!!!!!!
To be fair I think it is due to be Medal of Honor: Gun Shooter that is due out this year, maybe the MoH and BF franchises will take it in turns in a biennial basis now?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
amazing. hang on ?A, i want to make my self comfortable.
making remarks about COD, but what about their games like the fifa series or BF?? oh ?A, why are you so ?A?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Now if I were the unpleasant, sarcastic kind of journalist, I would now point out that someone working for Electronic Arts, a company which invented, refined and perfected the art of milking franchises into horrifying dried-out husks, criticising another company for doing exactly that is akin to Jeffery Dahmer calling someone out on their poor hospitality. A bit cheeky, if you catch my drift.
it's fortunate then you are a paragon of journalistic integrity, who would never stoop to such a low

Some argue that two of the industry's most notable publishers going at each other in the PR equivalent of a schoolyard brawl sets a poor example to other publishers, embarasses the industry as a whole and encourages the annoying "Us Vs. Them" argumentative nonsense that makes gaming forums unbearable. What these people fail to understand is that schoolyard brawls are awesome.
well, its EA and Activsion, i kinda expect this from them, but ..... >.> ..... i wanna see this twat, and the guy from Activision that'll say the same thing when what ever shooter EA has comes out go at it in a for reals brawl. two stuffy white guys in fancy suit beating the crap out of each other by swing sets and a slide. preferably with one crying like a small child and running to his manager after he gets beat at the end :D

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
All I'm hoping for is that Black Ops II changes up the genre. Modern Warfare was stale by the time 3 came out, and almost every developer has copied the model since then. At least Treyarch is trying to do something new with the franchise.

What's EA got coming out this year? Another Madden, another NCAA, another NBA, and another Medal of Honor. Whoop-de-freakin'-doo.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Well I'm glad you already pointed out they are just repeating the same crap they did eariler. Odds are it's just for controversy again which means I already failed.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Does anyone else miss the days when company reps were careful to avoid succumbing to the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory?
All this bloody mudslinging just makes me want to avoid both companies like the plague.

Storax

Apr 24, 2012
*Grabs blankets and popcorn*
This will be entertaining.

But coming from a corporation that releases new football games every year, quite interesting.

DTH1337

Feb 27, 2012
As tired as I am of COD games being released every single year since 2007 (since Activision seems to think that not releasing a COD every year will make people forget about the franchise instantly), I'm also tired of this ongoing schoolyard-style fight between EA and Activision.

It's stuff like this that sometimes makes me ashamed to be a gamer because this is the sort of stuff that casts the industry into a bad light.

In my personal opinion however, I would definitley say that both companies are as bad as each other. Both companies release the same kind of games every year over and over again, and just constantly drag down the gaming industry with things such as online passes, overpriced DLC, pointless services that add nothing to the actual game (I'm looking at you, COD Elite), services that have god-awful EULAs (yes, that's you Origin), and of course, not caring about the people who play their games: the gamers.

Stop it EA and Activision! Make better games or go home!

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Freakout456 said:
Lugbzurg said:
Wait you're talking about EA here right? They do own both Borne and Popcap, but not 007 (Activision) and Lego games were published by (Eidos, Lucasarts, and later Disney) and all developed by Travelers Tales (Warner Bros).

OT: This is just adorable watching them like schoolyard children "My franchise can beat up your franchise" and such.
They used to make 007 games. I just said that. Titles like NightFire, The World is Not Enough, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, Agent Under Fire, Everything or Nothing, Tomorrow Never Dies, and From Russia with Love.

As for Lego games, yes, they did. I have one from them. It's called "Lego: Island x-Treme Stunts". It was one of the first videogames I ever bought myself (alongside Sonic Heroes).

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Freakout456 said:
Cute, isn't it? It also allows for that wonderful realisation that no matter how bad you do at life, you're probably doing better than this.

Captcha would also like to say something. "teh interwebs".

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Sneezeguard said:
Ummm EA.....

This.

That is all.

Actually no. You may call CoD a tired Brand but what does that make you? A tired copy?

I don't actually like CoD, but this is rich comming from EA.
Don't forget Madden! A game where all you do is point, click, and throw a pixlated football around, definitely gets old in my eyes after the first 3

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Sneezeguard said:
Ummm EA.....

This.

That is all.

Actually no. You may call CoD a tired Brand but what does that make you? A tired copy?

I don't actually like CoD, but this is rich comming from EA.
This. Pot calling the kettle black much EA?

You know what EA do yourselves a favor and shut up for a bit. Your stock value isn't great and most of the gaming public hates you for a myriad of reasons. Maybe its time to start trying to rebuild some bridges instead constantly flinging shit all the time.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
The only correct response to this is to walk away and ignore the both.

Seriously both companies thrive on controversy and by bleating about it, you're only feeding the publicity machine

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
So on the massive turd clogging the bowels of gaming, a peanut is calling a piece of corn shitty. Nice