EA Manager Calls Black Ops Brand "Tired"

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Necromancer Jim said:
Oh gods, not this shit again.
Word for word this was my immediate reaction.

EA does this all the damn time - it's like it's policy or something. Will they ever realise that every time they take a swipe at a rival game they're indirectly taking a swipe at the players of that game as well? Players who are potential buyers of EA's games.

The amount of time EA/Bioware spent trash talking other MMOs in the run up to the launch of SWTOR is a major reason why there is so much dislike in the MMO community for SWTOR.

They really need to start focusing on telling us why their games are good, not why they think other games are bad.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Xanadu84 said:
...Am I the only one who read this as a pretty mild observation that Treyarch and Infinity Ward take alternate years to release a game? I mean, Black Ops did take a year off. The year MW3 came out instead of a new Blops.
No. My thoughts exactly. There was no Black Ops last year.

But then again, expecting intelligent comments coming out of EA is rather ridiculous on our part. As for tired franchises, we are on the 24th Madden game. Snooooooore.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Lumber Barber said:
Wait, what? When exactly did Activision cuss back at EA?
From what I've seen and heard, Activision was incredibly mature and EA was a spoiled child who thinks his toy is better than the other kids' toys.
Yeah... Last time I remember Activision was quite mature with Bobby Kotick not speaking. Their new speaker was quite mature but then EA just keep throwing shit.

I feel like Activision, for all the crap it does, at least doesn't try to hide it. EA is the villian who thinks they're good, when really they're making themselves out to be more bad then before.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Well at least this makes the 8-month endurance race that happens before and after a CoD release somewhat entertaining.

To the galleons!

(And I'd have thought Activision employing a convicted war criminal to promote the game would have been a more note-worthy cause for a ***** slap.)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
:p I think Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Gearbox, and Valve should each send 4 or 5 of their executives into a back alley to have an Anchorman style brawl to determine who is the best newscast errr, developer once and for all!

"Brick...where'd you get a grenade?"
"I don't know."

AwKwardly

Feb 29, 2012
If only this were a school yard brawl. 'Cause that'd be mad.
Each year, after the mud-slinging reaches critical mass, just before release, someone throws an honest to god gauntlet and they get into it.

A big circle of suits forms up, two exec's (preferably marketing) just pound on each other till whatever this metaphor's equivalent of a teacher eventually arrives to break it up and secretly decides a winner.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So, how long until Activision calls the same thing out with Madden?

I give it a month. ... And that's being generous.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Pot calls Kettle Black, news at eleven followed by a special episode of Jersey shore.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Soooooo the (sub)franchise is tired after one game? Oh EA, your logic never ceases to amaze me.

I will agree CoD could freshen itself up a bit, but Black Ops? That's a fairly desperate shot.

Bring on Battlefield 4!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
All these "modern warfare" based fps games suck. MW and the Black Ops games. Just find the guns, characters, settings and stories boring and uninteresting. Prefer their WW2 games, so much better. Make a WW2 game damn it.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
How is the Black Ops brand tired? This is the second Black Ops game while WW2 has been done to death and Modern Warfare has 3 games.

I'm not angry, I just find it funny that someone in EA would call it "stale" already.
Oh, wait. It's EA, that's normal.

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
EA makes me LOOOOL. They never fail. "Tired"? Really?
It's already been addresed many times, but ummmm... Sports games are a joke. Battlefeild doesn't really change. In fact, Medal of Honor's multiplay was basically Battlefeild as well.

Lol. Shut the fuck up EA.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I think I'll grab toasted pita triangles. Slightly more healthy than popcorn. Then I'll waste that one effort by drinking an effin' pool of Diet Pepsi.

Oh, the ridiculously fun antics of Big Business. How I yearn for the distant future where both the CoD and Battlefield franchises will have withered away into so much dust... Not that it has any chance of happening, my guess is EA is going to keep milking The Sims and its sports licenses until sports themselves are nothing but a distant memory.

Year 2XXX: EA Releases Wheelchair Racing 15, is nothing more than a roster update for Wheelchair Racing 14.

Six months later: Activision Releases Call of Duty: Postman Edition's much-vaunted Bitter Canadian Weather DLC. Players now get to slog through brown muck or trudge through cold-ass rain in the white-knuckled race to deliver eviction notices and bank account statements to idiots who haven't subscribed to online notifications.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Necromancer Jim said:
Oh gods, not this shit again.

Someone needs to grab these two, bash their heads together and then force them to sit down for a nice tea party.
Agreed.
And while at it, force the entire company to produce an original new game and release it without crippling DRM.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Is this....People defending Activision? Or atleast calling out EA on some serious hypocritical bullshit? Well I never!

OT:
Really EA? Calling Black Ops repetitive? Sure enough the Call of Duty franchise is no stranger to doing the same shit over and over again but need I remind you of a little gremlin you keep in a cage surviving solely on fish-heads and a puddle of rain water that you call EA Sports?

You know, I'm not a fan of Call of Duty but to give credit where it's due; atleast that franchise makes a lot more significant changes to it's fucking box art then you do!

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
cryogeist said:
I dont think EA can say much about CoD considering battlefield is the same thing every time as well.
With the exception that Battlefield isn't tired, given that it doesn't release every year.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I like how EA (lol hypocrites) are calling out black ops as the tired one not modern warfare, there has only been one black ops game but 3 MW ones.