EA Really Doesn't Want to be The Worst Company In America

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
EA is crap. A horrible company.

Still agree with the point of his letter though, in the larger scheme of things they're far, far from the worst company.

Just a whole lot of people on the internet without any sense of perspective voting based on silly things.

And yes, ruining your favorite game franchise is a trivially silly thing compared to some of the shit that's happening.

frodough

Feb 19, 2013
After reading the crap that EA posted I decided to look up the EA BBB rating. surely it must be poor right? nope A+

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196#reasonrating

I highly recommend as informed consumers you spread this around and people can express how they feel about EA and all of their practices there hopefully.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot. This is why EA is the worst company.

They do shit that's much worse than any other company by virtue of the fact that ALL of their fuck-ups are malicious, domineering and totally intentional.

EA's goal is to fuck over customers as much as they can possibly get away with and then turn around and dribble bullshit down their collective mumbling chins like they're not the bad guys for turning the video game industry into shit overnight by popularizing the bleeding edge of malevolent, exploitative business tactics, mixed with a complete and absolute ignorance of the motivations of it's customers.

They are going to be the worst company in this poll two years in a row, Sim City has cemented that position for them this year.

Moore is either a smug bastard of a liar or he is in fact totally inept and fucking oblivious, both qualities that make a poor executive.

Maybe EA can avoid this award next year if they manage to raise their public goodwill above; "All customers want to do some level of physical harm to them."

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
The fact that EA thinks its doing the right thing but its on the worst company in America candidate list proves they are wrong.

You cant be on a list for THE shittest company in America and claim to be anything but a shit company.

F*ck you EA you are terrible.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Desert Punk said:
frodough said:
After reading the crap that EA posted I decided to look up the EA BBB rating. surely it must be poor right? nope A+

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196#reasonrating

I highly recommend as informed consumers you spread this around and people can express how they feel about EA and all of their practices there hopefully.
If you note that complaints regarding games (The only thing they do) should go to the developers who made the game, not the publisher who pushes the game out.

BBB doesnt take into account that Electronic Arts also OWNS the developers in question.
You're referring to the note about SWTOR complaints being directed to Bioware in Austin Texas?

Better said, here:

http://goldengate.bbb.org/find-business-reviews/name/bioware/austin-TX/

Meaning they get filed to EA since BBB does indeed take into account that EA owns the developers.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
While I don't think EA is the worst company and they don't really sell essential things (like medicine, food seeds etc.) "just" entertainment. They still are pretty much one of the biggest a**holes in the business with no idea how to run said business, surviving only on the giant amount of properties and creative people they own and employ (and then blame them when stuff goes wrong).

And this is one of the longer "*hands on ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, BUT I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE STUPID LA LA LA LA" letters I've seen.

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Krantos said:
Ugh.

You know, I want to be mad.

I want to raise a banner and point out all the flaws in Moore's argument.

I just can't dredge up enough emotion about it. I'm tired of you EA. I'm tired. All I will do is point out that "The Tallest Tree Catches the Most Wind" is basically the same as saying "People just don't like us because we're successful."

I can't do it anymore EA. Please just stop already.

The worst part of this is, it proves EA is confident in what it's doing. It doesn't think it's doing anything wrong and that it's detractors are wrong to complain. That. THAT is what wears me out.

I opened article thinking for one moment that EA was going to say something along the lines of "We want to improve our public image so people think more highly of us." Instead it's just more of the "Why to people hate EA?" bullshit.

I'm done. You won't learn EA. You won't admit you're doing anything wrong, so there's no hope of you ever improving.
^^^
This

I'm just tired of it all. Sorry if that's a defeatist attitude, but yeah, best thing for me to do in this situation is to not give EA any more of my time and money than I've already given them. Which is a shame because I really do like some of their developers and I feel bad for not supporting them.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I think that the letter in question from EA and the reaction people are giving it is just proving the point even more that EA's business practices are having long reaching consequences for the company.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
gigastar said:
Im sure that Activision is a taller tree than EA, yet theyve done nothing to piss off this many people over the last 2 years.
Diablo 3? Every Call of Duty?
As much as i hate Call of Duty, its not actually done anything wrong.

And Diablo 3 was a pretty big cock up, but EA had the same cock up with SimCity, and many more besides.

Cyrromatic

Mar 9, 2012
It's been said before, but I have to chime in as well. "We support LBGT" is just basic human decency. To flag it as an achievement gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Andy of Comix Inc said:
I like that he says "people think free-to-play is a pox on gaming - tens of millions people are playing, though!"

Because that really disarms the "pox" analogy.
"People think the Black Death is a pox on Humanity - Tens of millions of people have it though!"

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I suppose 45 million users is probably accurate, but considering i'm forced to use it for Mass Effect 3 and Simcity (+ Dead Space 3 which they gave me) even though i didn't buy it on Origin, i'm guessing this is where the majority of those users come from, given the choice i bet a large number would have brought it from Steam, i know i would have.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who hates Origin too, the client itself works fairly well, hell the in game web browser loads a lot faster than Steams does. But then when you get to things like the chat system, that's where things go downhill. Half the time i don't notice when i get a new message as they don't make it very clear, the chat windows also keeps resetting to a stupidly small size. As i said it does have some good things going for it, but i still prefer Steam, especially when it comes to price.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
If you've purchased an EA product in the time you've also had a conflict of conscience, you have less than no say in the arguments for why EA is bad for the gaming industry. You have shown direct support of EA and direct approval of their business practices.

This is purely subjective and has nothing to do with the reason why EA is terrible for the video game community. I do feel however, that if you have a problem with EA, but continue to purchase their products, you are hurting your own interests and have no merit in discussion of why EA is wrong. Clearly you don't think so if you're willing to pay them money for any item, regardless of price.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Grape_Bullion said:
If you've purchased an EA product in the time you've also had a conflict of conscience, you have less than no say in the arguments for why EA is bad for the gaming industry. You have shown direct support of EA and direct approval of their business practices.

This is purely subjective and has nothing to do with the reason why EA is terrible for the video game community. I do feel however, that if you have a problem with EA, but continue to purchase their products, you are hurting your own interests and have no merit in discussion of why EA is wrong. Clearly you don't think so if you're willing to pay them money for any item, regardless of price.
Good thing I haven't bought a game from them in years.

Faerillis

Oct 29, 2009
EA you can't tell us not to vote for you because of your mistakes and lies, then reassert that they aren't mistakes or lies ? you're just going to piss more people off.