EA Wants to Make Wii U an Origin Exclusive

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I don't think they'll go with it. Nintendo really seems to be sticking to their guns with their approach to online functionality and digital distribution, so I'm guessing they'll opt to have the Wii U controller deliver painful electric shocks to the player while using the online shop instead.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Chemical Horse said:
innocentEX said:
Chemical Horse said:
innocentEX said:
Seventh Actuality said:
Wow, two redundant pieces of shit for the price of one! I'm sold!
Pfft all the cool kids Pirate Origin
You shouldn't have said that.
D: oh noes you can get in trouble for suggesting that all the 'Cool kids' pirate a rubbish piece of software thats free????

It appears sarcasm does indeed not translate over the inter-webs

You can be suspended for even mentioning pirating on the forums, I am not an admin, but I know.

And saying it was sarcasm will not get you unsuspended.

Just be careful
I have mentioned piracy before, no where in the rules does it say you can get suspended for uttering the word 'piracy' xD dude chill

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Does WiiU have a webcam? Microphone? I wonder what EA are going to try and find out with it...

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
gigastar said:
Well i know Nintendo execs arent the smartest at long term buisness decisions, but im sure they wont block out the most recognised and popular digital distribution platform on the web in exchange for something that had a bad reputaion practically out of the door among consumers for unauthorised spyware.

At least i hope.
For a long time when Nintendo released a new iteration of their machines it often was based on reasons to further improve gameplay, the feeling of their games and to push up the tech to have better tools to achieve said goals. And up till the Wii they only ever wrote solid black numbers. Not enourmous black numbers, but solid anyway.

I am not even going into the Problem that they started to focus too much on only one of their consumer groups (with great monetary succes mind you) and leaving out other parts of their former clientel.

So far so good (or bad, depending on your oppinion)

Then came the Nintendo 3DS.
It's only focus seems to be an improvement in form of a superficial Special Effect.
It got rushed out the gates quite a bit uncomplete (it seems) and it's prizetag kinda oppossed their former thinking of a reasonable prized machine from the start.
Okay, it has more power, i admit that. But gameplay wise there is only NOW that we see some games that actually kinda use the effect of 3D (still, superficial effect).

And now there is a Wii-U.
I at least can not really tell what is up with that.
Is it a Wii and DS mashed together, just for the sake of it?
If you are suppossed to play on a TV the touchscreen is problematic since it has no tactile feedback (so you can use it without looking at it cause you can't feel the software-"buttons").
Is it mainly to use like a DS, well i have a DS for that.

Worse is that Nintendo itself doesn't seem to be shure what to do with it. Their recent releases off their usual focus. rushed out before their time or of superficial benefit for the gameplay.
SO i say Nintendo wasn't always struck this way.

Okay, and worse STILL is me a, 28 year old, grown man, that really shouldn't care that much for a company from his childhood and teenage, but here i am, still caring nontheless. X-P

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Will never happen

ever.

it's a terrible marketing decision from every perspective and Nintendo simply have no reason to make the wii origin exclusive
they might well support origin, why not? but exclusive? pff

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
felixader said:
If you are suppossed to play on a TV the touchscreen is problematic since it has no tactile feedback (so you can use it without looking at it cause you can't feel the software-"buttons").
You know, it wouldn't be perfect for every game, but there are a lot of game styles where it would work. I wouldn't want to look down in the middle of a twitch shooter to fiddle with things, but adventure games could be readily used, certain sports games, puzzle games, etc.

I mean, the touch screen was not perfect for all games on the DS, nor was it even used on all games, but it was useful for many.

I get your overall point, a lack of overall focus being the driving problem here, but I think this can work. A lot of us are already multi-screen users, so it's not even that difficult to imagine making the switch.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
You know, it wouldn't be perfect for every game, but there are a lot of game styles where it would work. I wouldn't want to look down in the middle of a twitch shooter to fiddle with things, but adventure games could be readily used, certain sports games, puzzle games, etc.

I mean, the touch screen was not perfect for all games on the DS, nor was it even used on all games, but it was useful for many.

I get your overall point, a lack of overall focus being the driving problem here, but I think this can work. A lot of us are already multi-screen users, so it's not even that difficult to imagine making the switch.
I really hope that works AND that Nintendo uses the Potential this time as much as they can.
I really wouldn't like to see Nintendo having to bow to another Companys reign so to speak. X-P

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh no! Origin will no discover what games I play that filthy piece of spyware! [/sarcasm]. Seriously though, I'll take Steam thanks.