Earlier Access

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
A cow? Are you insane? I could buy a PS4 with a bigass plasma TV, or a kickass gaming PC, or 20+ full priced games for a cow.

First worlders, never understanding the worth of a cow, and passing it off as some joke. Like, "ooh, farming is sooo cheap and demeaning, let's make fun of it"

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
A few, wouldn't be so bad, things like Prison architect, but it's become a flood and every tom dick and harry making an EA game....right now, it's insane...

Steam is flooded with them, and so many belong on kick starter.

Macragge scholar

Jul 15, 2014
xGrimReaperzZ said:
Macragge scholar said:
I don't know why people hate early access more than pre-purchase. At least you can "access" to the game after the purchasing. Is that the drop of quality or the diminish of a promising game that piss people off?
I utterly dislike both, but early-access games may or may not "come out", whilst you can always cancel pre-orders if a game is delayed or cancelled, but you're gambling either way and you're better off buying a game that you can play now and one that you can be sure of its quality.

And it seems like pre-orders are more usually taken advantage of by publisher whilst you're more likely to see indie-devs taking advantage of the early-access system.

Both are horrible in every way though and are part of the reason we NEED game refunds on Steam, when EA is one step ahead of you in any aspect, you're doing something very, very wrong.
I think both is like saying "We are short of money, donate us and you will get the game ?possiblely? earlier than others or so.", and them may be borrow this "strategy" from real estate industry like "buy our house which haven't been built for an surprising low price!" and it can somehow turn out to be never fully complete.