Early Modern Warfare 3 Goes For $1725 on eBay

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Gotta say, if I was some fan or parent, and saw the game on the shelves of a major retailer, and picked it up legally, only to have my/my childs XBL account or console banned for playing it, I would be kicking up a shitstorm. My future business would go elsewhere, away from Microsoft and Activision.

I mean, sure sue the pants off of K-Mart, but dont punish loyal consumers for purchasing your product when they saw it on the shelf of a trusted retailer.

Note, this isnt a supportive comment, but more of a general idea. It would apply to any game that had issues with broken street dates netting you XBL bans.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I wish I had that kind of money to burn on something so unimportant as playing a game a week before release. That's a month and a half of hard work for me.

Hopefully the person who buys it tops the leaderboards for a while or something to 'justify' their actions.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I think part of the reason this has enraged so many is it's a symptom of a bigger problem, and of the global economic problem.

Whoever bought this is probably one of 'the 1%', and $1700 is nothing to them, probably bought it shut their kid up 2 days early.

But, when the regular folk see a month's wage discarded so casually, it does remind everyone of the ridiculous levels of unfairness involved.

The 'Occupy' protests, it's ridiculous to write them all off as 'anti capitalist tree huggers', they're just anti how shitty it is now. I and many like me are all for a moderate form of capitalism, just not how it is now.

When dicks can just throw bundles of cash away over nothing while others can't afford basic meds, sure people are going to get pissy.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
This man gets called stupid for buying a game for $1725, meanwhile some guy spent 3 million dollars for a post stamp with an upside down biplane at Christie's. Both are a complete waste of money, but really? Stamps?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
huh...think I'll just play MW2 instead. will help me pass the time while I wait for the game's release [oh wait it's in about 18 minutes lol]

in fact, I'll prob have had enough CoD (maybe replay CoD 2 and 4...heck throw in 3) to last me until the price for MW3 drops even! not that hard