Earth is invaded, then we win.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
Huh i guess im the only that thought this is a ME3 spoiler thread and i shouldnt click 2 seconds after i did.

OT now: kill one in a hundred to make an example, make a large part of the rest slaves to rebuilt the stuff they blew up and torture/interogate a select few (officers, scientists whatever ) for a potential technological advantage. Also experimentation for biological/chemical weapons in order to retaliate againts their homeworld and defend ourselves in case of a second attack.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
If we treat it like the American Revolution we might be able to co-exist in harmony. However, if they have dalek principle, I'd suggest some kind of Alien Holocaust.

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
given how humans are i think its much more likely that we will some day be an invading force on an alien world, manifest destiny, reservations, all to civilize them, for their own good, trading trinkets for gold, etc.... So what will they do w/the surviving humans after they push us off their planet?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Assuming we as the human race won't repeat our sinister nature (genocide, slavery or show prejudice toward them) could we either let them leave Earth peacefully or co-exist with them?
Yes I know if they view Earth is their home but surely we know the tech to build a spaceship? If they still want to stay on Earth then they have to prove their loyality toward those whose live on it (us human). I'm not saying we should brainwash them, more like if want to stay then they will have to fight with us in the next possible invasion and change their nationality into "Earth [insert alien race]".
Sure this won't be easy but the first step is to live and forget and to trust each other without doubt in our heart and mind.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Kill them all. If there are scientists or engineers among them then interrogate/torture them until we have enough information to properly defend ourselves and then we rebuild.

After we rebuild we use what we've learned from the alien tech to build ships armed with tens of thousands of nukes each and each able to fire a volley of hundreds of not thousands of them. Then we visit their homeworld and since we are not there to conquer but to annihilate we cover the surface of their world un nukes and then move on to their colonies.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Treat them as POW's. Its the only reasonable thing to do. If we condemn them as monsters for their militaries actions and kill them, we become no better than those we condemn. Start military with camps for BOTH groups safeties since there will be plenty of bad blood and if sending them hoe is not an option, work on integrating them into society. As with all free thinking peoples, there will be some who disagreed with invasion who will strive to mend bridges. This could bring unprecedented advancement both in galactic standings and technological prowess. Plus with so many dead extra hands will be sorely needed.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I wonder if they can breathe in space...?
In all reality though probably do what they done to us. If we were slaves then enslave them. An eye for an eye makes an entire alien race blind. Unless they have lots of eyes.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Doesn't matter, humans would be disorganized and scattered at that point and not have a working government. Our hostile nature would immediately lead people to want to murder the colonists for what their people did and we wouldn't have the organization to protected them, most would be killed and probably desecrated and the rest would go into hiding to avoid a similar fate.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Examine their biology for weaknesses and develop weapons to counter the weaknesses. Use whatever POW's we have to learn of their culture and technology. We may even have weapons/equipment we can reverse engineer for our own purposes. Once we've gotten as much useful information off them as possible, send them back to their people.

Samarith

Feb 20, 2010
Make them all work in the fast food industry.

Cheap labour and if they are intellectually advanced perhaps when you order no onions you will get your food without any onions.

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Heimir said:
I always found it funny that humans win in the end of such scenarios. I'd say it's impossible to really completley win. They've got space ships. They'll likely just bomb everyone from orbit. Since they don't care about our civilian losses in this case, they'd probably demolish an entire city to get at the rebels without even blinking about it.
It depends really on how their circumstances back home. They may have come by their technologies via ancient monolith's in which case some technologies would be incredibly advanced while others, well, imagine aliens with FTL drives and spears.

Maybe they poluted their world to the point that this is a last ditch effort at survival, the damage done to their forces in the initial invasion has never been recovered.

Maybe they have incredibly advanced stealth tech and little else, since they've colonised Earth it would be possible to build up a view of their operations, negating their stealth advantage.

Maybe they have a social quirk that can be exploited, for example maybe they don't have the ability to lie or are incredibly heardlike, so they cant quite grasp falsehood or rogue elements that might rebel against them.

Possibly they have a weak biology as with quarians and the martians in war of the worlds.

Maybe they forced the surrender of Earths governments with a massive strike, say an asteroid impact or massive nuclear strike, but their military isnt actual all that powerful at the tactical level.

I agree that most likely they'd bust us back to the stone age, but its an interesting thought experiment.

I think that the most likely outcome would be that pretty much the entire alien colony would be lynched and torched by mobs before any kind of order can be established. Any aliens who survive I'd allow to live on land set aside for them on the proviso that they develop no substantive weapons (say single shot long barrel firearms only) and no advanced technology, especially comms technology.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
District 9 them. Put them in shitty camps. They actively pursued a genocide on us, and if there's no way for them to leave, we hold them in reservations.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
senordesol said:
I think this would be an interesting discussion.

A hostile extra-terrestrial force invades Earth, slaughters untold millions, presses the vast majority of survivors into slavery, and proceeds to colonize Earth.

After more than a decade of this, a global resistance effort finally pushes the invading aliens off Earth and is able to do so in a way that will leave the galaxy at-large unaware of what's transpired (at least for a few months, maybe a year).

'Pushing off' in this case means that any capacity to strike from space, or stage any militarily organized counter attack on Earth is rendered impossible.

What do we do with the surviving aliens? (Remember: most will be colonists rather than military at this point and alerting their government that we have retaken our planet may lead to another invasion or outright annihilation; so we're basically stuck with them for a while).

EDIT: Assume we are able to communicate with the survivors, and that the alien culture does include familial bonds. Further assume that, like humans, the aliens will hold several differing opinions on the prosecution of the conflict, with the most prevalent one being that conquests of 'lesser species' are justified.
Lets get us some good 'ol lynching!
Weeheea!
I'm serious. Though I don't know if we get back to our government and democracies after all of that mess, maybe we could unite under one flag?

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
GigaHz said:
I don't think we would win against an army of aliens that has mastered interstellar travel before we do.

They'd have us beat intellectually and technologically. We'd only stand a chance if somehow our atmosphere was making them less intelligent with each passing day.
This, as orbital bombardment is difficult to get away from.

Though, assuming we'd dropped into some mythical never-land and were able to fight them off with, I dunno, sheer bravado in our kilts or something, likely they'd just all be slaughtered on the spot. A decade of slavery would likely have that sort of effect on a people. Else it'd likely become sort of a District 9 kind of thing. Humans, historically speaking, haven't shown much compassion for aggressive pest species.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Heimir said:
I always found it funny that humans win in the end of such scenarios. I'd say it's impossible to really completley win. They've got space ships. They'll likely just bomb everyone from orbit. Since they don't care about our civilian losses in this case, they'd probably demolish an entire city to get at the rebels without even blinking about it.
There's a story I read in my Sci-fi class about a race of aliens that look like teddy bears who have discovered light-speed, and use it to take over planets. The catch of the story was that during their evolution as a species, they took the path that went on to discover how space travel works, yet sort of neglected the military aspect, and still fight with bows and arrows. They still use chamber pots and torches, and rely on fire for warmth.

In the end, they end up trying to invade Earth and get mowed down by machine guns and tanks as soon as one of them kills someone with a sword.

I think it's very possible for a group of aliens who have discovered space travel to have a shitty weapons system. They grew into a species with absolutely no human influence, they'd think drastically different than us. In fact, thinking that they used some sort ship to travel is funnily enough, actually a strange hope.