Earth like planet found. Your reactions?

Sep 13, 2009
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_sc/us_sci_new_earths via Associated Press.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have officially found a planet that has the possibilities to support life much like there is here on our own blue rock. This opens a whole new door on humanities view of the universe, and may begin to give us an idea of just how many life supporting planets there may be out there right now. So, in light of this news, what are your reactions? Do you think this planet harbors life? Will we ever make contact with them if it does, or perhaps be able to spread to this new world?

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
My first reaction.

20 LIGHT YEARS @#$@#$%#@$%@#$#@%@#$%#@$^#$%^%^&%$!

LETS GO THERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Dec 14, 2008
Great this will be one of the first planets to checkout when I discover FTL travel, but I think I've heard of this gliese before so I guess this information isn't really new.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
I say that we pack up and head out there this weekend!
I'll bring the refreshments!

Avarith

The Shaman
Jun 16, 2008
Well, as humans lets go kill the any intelligent life there then move in.
Personal feelings Epic.

LBringer

Sep 29, 2010
Chris Overhage said:
The religious implications are going to be fun to watch. Lets see what the Vatican does here.
Probably try to claim it as a Catholic only planet?

OT: I'm actually more curious which government/corporation will try to own it first.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Only 20 light years away? C'mon, we gotta fund research for a way to travel interstellar distances!

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Depending on how old the planet is, it stands to reason that there would be life of some description on it. Probably not great for human habitation, however, given that it's three times as massive as Earth. That said, how amazing would that place be to visit? I'm astounded that there's another habitable planet a mere 20 light-years away.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I've seen this before. It was really only a matter of time. It's not like we're the only planet with a yellow sun.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Obsideo said:
UN Space Ambassador, your time is now!
Actually, that was false information. She denied anything about being a space ambassador.

Or she could be covering something up...