Earthquake in VA

SpcyhknBC

Aug 24, 2009
So who felt that??? I was in a lab and luckily nothing fell over and turned me into a super hero but anyone know what's going on under the crust?

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Hm. There was an earthquake around here last year, but that one was significantly more potent. Knocked over a bunch of my crap and jarred open some cabinets.

Mathematically, the next one will be Magnitude 8.2!

That's how earthquakes work, right? They get stronger and stronger until the moleman population erupts from underground to wage war against us?

Or maybe someone was having a Pokemon battle.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I felt it. Scared the shit out of me because I didn't know what it was at first.

Edit: For those curious, it was a 5.9 (at time of typing) and I heard it was felt from Boston to S. Carolina.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I felt a tiny bit of it all the way in New York state. I started looking around and was like...wtf. It wasn't enough to realize what it was at first but then I figured it out.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Felt an aftershock here in North-East Pennsylvania. Was actually in the second story of the local library at the time. Been in earthquakes before, but it was really weird feeling one here. Wasn't strong though, only knocked a few books off the shelves. Hope nobody was hurt, though.

EDIT- Just got home, nothing seems damaged, though the refrigerator door was open....and I'm gonna go ahead and blame that on the earthquake >.>

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
I live in Baltimore, MD...felt like a big truck driving by at first then everything started to rumble pretty intensely. Calmed down after about 20 seconds to a minute. Scared the hell outta me though, never had an earthquake I actually felt before.

Dukenstein

Jul 14, 2010
Hahaha oh you east coasters. I'm in Southern California and we get these every other few months.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Overreacting much? 5.9 is nothing guys . I know you have no earthquakes in that zone but this is so silly . People scared , telling other people where they were when it happened like it was some kind of a disaster . Only way someone could have died would have been from a panic attack or something .

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Feh, I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore and we felt it. I was forced to evacuate for all of 10 minutes. Really didn't bother me though. Was kinda fun.

Mkid

Nov 28, 2010
My mom was in Va... i was talking to her 5 seconds b4 it happened lol
anyways, yeah we felt it here in Ny too

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Fairmont, WV. Felt like the apartment shifted a couple inches. Incidentally, this was the first earthquake I was conscious for. I may have slept through one in Illinois a year or two ago, but I will never know.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Here in Delaware, didn't feel much. The house shook a little bit, but I was in the basement and only heard the rattling of everything upstairs.