Earthquake in VA

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
shadyh8er said:
Zenn3k said:
shadyh8er said:
I live in Georgia but felt nothing. Matter of fact I only knew there was an earthquake because a news report interrupted my mom's viewing of Judge Judy. My prayers are with the victims.
I don't think there are any victims.
Oh, well that's good. I heard a radio broadcast that spoke of "the devastation," so I just assumed there were casualties. Guess I played right into the media's scare tactics huh?
Well, since you were praying for them, I'd make the wild assumption you watch a fair amount of "Fox News"...which is the scare tactic network, so basically, yeah, you did exactly what they wanted you to do.

And if you don't watch any Fox News, good for you sir!

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Zenn3k said:
shadyh8er said:
Zenn3k said:
shadyh8er said:
I live in Georgia but felt nothing. Matter of fact I only knew there was an earthquake because a news report interrupted my mom's viewing of Judge Judy. My prayers are with the victims.
I don't think there are any victims.
Oh, well that's good. I heard a radio broadcast that spoke of "the devastation," so I just assumed there were casualties. Guess I played right into the media's scare tactics huh?
Well, since you were praying for them, I'd make the wild assumption you watch a fair amount of "Fox News"...which is the scare tactic network, so basically, yeah, you did exactly what they wanted you to do.

And if you don't watch any Fox News, good for you sir!
I admit, I do watch Fox News, but only for the hot news anchors! Screw O'Reilly and Beck! I'm counting down the days that they get so angry they burst a blood vessel.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
AlexLoxate said:
This about sums it up.

Awwwww ninja'ed.

I like how people are buzzing about this. I guess it's okay for them to since it's novel for them but in California an earthquake like you got is less an event and more like a Tuesday. Do people on the east coast commonly know what to do in the event of a quake? A couple of east coasters I knew had their first quake when they moved out to CA. He ran outside (idiot) and she jumped in the bathtub (idiot). They were nice people don't get me wrong, but if you move someplace where you know a danger is common you should read up on it don't you think? But that's beyond the point. The impression I got from them is that people on the east coast are largely unaware of what to do in the event of a quake. Does this hold any water? I see a lot of people mentioning if they felt it or not. How'd you guys react to it?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
You know, in Colorado, I didn't feel it, but coming next winter the snow will lock EVERYONE into their homes.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I'm in SC. No one here would shut up about it on facebook. I slept through it so it mustn't have been that bad.