eBay Bans Spells, Potions, and Curses

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
eBay Bans Spells, Potions, and Curses

A new draconian sales policy tosses working-class wizards out on the street.

These are hard times for wizards. With the economy tanked and unemployment soaring, it's always the incidental commodities that seem to lose consumer interest first. Whether that means passing on the day's second latte, saving gas by biking to the office once a week, or forgoing a monthly spell of virility, people are making hard cuts everywhere they can. For wizards, witches, warlocks, voodoo-meisters, curse-casters, and general hex-doers, things are about to get even worse; eBay is closing down one of their few, precious means of peddling potions, granting wishes, and forcing magical love via the internet to deserving Muggles everywhere.

As part of its 2012 Fall Seller Update, eBay has chosen to officially ban the sale of "spells; curses; hexing; conjuring; magic; prayers; blessing services; magic potions; and healing sessions." This comes after Port Foozle [http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/remains.html] around here.

Until the ban goes into effect, you're still free to choose from a vast array of magiks currently available on the site. Feeling lonely? Perhaps you'd be interested in a Haunted metaphysical courage discipline success respect wealth spell ring [http://www.ebay.com/itm/Love-Trap-Spell-Give-Them-NO-CHOICE-But-To-Love-YOU-/251128693198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a786fc1ce]" instead.

For those wanting to get in on some last-minute insta-sexiness, -wealthiness, or -wolfiness (and who wouldn't?), you'd better act quick. These spells and ones like it will soon only be available through those shady, black market alleyways of the internet where, without eBay's regulatory process, disreputable sellers won't be keen to offer full refunds or fast shipping on their questionable spells of indeterminate origin.

Source: Geek.com [http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/ebay-will-soon-ban-the-sale-of-magic-spells-potions-and-hexes-20120817/]

Image: eBay [http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERFUL-MAGIC-SPELL-OF-WEREWOLF-TRANSFORMATION-lycan-shapeshift-vampire-haunted-/320965048854?pt=UK_Metaphysical_New_Age&hash=item4abb01fa16]

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
*Sitting quietly with his computer*. What this nonsense about spells and eBay? *Checks out the article*. People sell.... spells. Really.... I huh whats that link?

Port Foozle was liberated!!?!?!?!?!!??? *Brews a pot of coffee to spit it everywhere*

I must inform the admiralty!

BoT: How could you eBay. Now people are gona have to go to places like Hogwards for 7 years to learn magic. >.>

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like selling exorcism services is still fair game.

Goooood.

cidbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Misleading title. I thought they banned the sell of Magic cards.
Same here. That would have been news worth discussing.

It's a really misleading title given the context and quite frankly I'm disappointed with the staff for engaging in such shenanigans.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I came here for the exact same reason you did. Of course they knew their audience, and knew it would drive traffic. Tsk, such linkbait!

Jan 22, 2011
cidbahamut said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:

It's a really misleading title given the context and quite frankly I'm disappointed with the staff for engaging in such shenanigans.
misleading titles lead to clicks, which leads to traffic, which leads to profit.

still... I'm surprised at the number of idiots out there willing to buy this fake sh**

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
mattaui said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I came here for the exact same reason you did. Of course they knew their audience, and knew it would drive traffic. Tsk, such linkbait!
There was magic before there were Magic: The Gathering cards, you know. :p

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I panicked since I thought it was Magic The Gathering they were banning.

Crisis averted! :D

Anways, must be tough times for witches and the various names for spellcasters, can't catch a break.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
cidbahamut said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:

misleading titles lead to clicks, which leads to traffic, which leads to profit.
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion over the previous headline! I changed it out for something more descriptive. I assure you, its original incarnation was not part of some grand corporate scheme to profit off of tricking you all into inadvertently learning about werewolf magic. Although, scientifically speaking, any schemes involving werewolf magic are always worth considering.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
That's not misleading... that's the most direct and accurate statement of what's eBay is doing. :p It's word association that got ya.

cidbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
Mike Kayatta said:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
cidbahamut said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:

Hey guys, sorry for any confusion over the previous headline! I changed it out for something more descriptive. I assure you, its original incarnation was not part of some grand corporate scheme to profit off of tricking you all into inadvertently learning about werewolf magic. Although, scientifically speaking, any schemes involving werewolf magic are always worth considering.
All is forgiven. Just be a little more careful in the future.