eBay Bans Spells, Potions, and Curses

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Mike Kayatta said:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
cidbahamut said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Misleading title. I thought they banned the sell of Magic cards.
Same here. That would have been news worth discussing.

It's a really misleading title given the context and quite frankly I'm disappointed with the staff for engaging in such shenanigans.
misleading titles lead to clicks, which leads to traffic, which leads to profit.
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion over the previous headline! I changed it out for something more descriptive. I assure you, its original incarnation was not part of some grand corporate scheme to profit off of tricking you all into inadvertently learning about werewolf magic. Although, scientifically speaking, any schemes involving werewolf magic are always worth considering.
I liked the old title. :(

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I thought eBay was banning Magic: The Gathering cards and spells, even though it's not my thing, it was almost disheartening to listen that Magic fans would have a hard time getting those new decks.

But then, I read the whole article... and I don't know what else to say... seriously, people would sell "spells" over the internet? and even worse, people buy them!?... I guess there's way too many things I still don't know.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No noes! Where are those wannabe wizards and witches practitioners going to buy their hex potoins or ingredients now???

Yeah I'm not a fan of those who try to perform real "magic" like those ads in that Tarot comicbook. In saying so a silly comicbook would have silly ads to try to make it unquie.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Harry Dresden would have lost a lot of business because of this, if he could get the computer to work long enough to post on eBay.

Jan 22, 2011
Mike Kayatta said:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
cidbahamut said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Misleading title. I thought they banned the sell of Magic cards.
Same here. That would have been news worth discussing.

It's a really misleading title given the context and quite frankly I'm disappointed with the staff for engaging in such shenanigans.
misleading titles lead to clicks, which leads to traffic, which leads to profit.
Hey guys, sorry for any confusion over the previous headline! I changed it out for something more descriptive. I assure you, its original incarnation was not part of some grand corporate scheme to profit off of tricking you all into inadvertently learning about werewolf magic. Although, scientifically speaking, any schemes involving werewolf magic are always worth considering.
I didn't mean to be d*** bro I just know how the felling of coming up with headlines. It's not easy as most people think, but hey any spells considering werewolf magic are always worth checking out for the lulz

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Laugh all you want, but that werewolf spell has several bids on it already... :p

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I wonder how this applies to object produced according to descriptions in magical texts? For example, say a ring bearing a seal from the Lesser Key of Solomon, if it were not advertised as "magic" or as a "charm", but as a "ring using the design of, and prepared according to the description of XX in the Lesser Key of Solomon"?

It seems like it would have a lot of edge cases and not really do much, when it's all said and done.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Jandau said:
Laugh all you want, but that werewolf spell has several bids on it already... :p
Oh I'm totally watching that, to see if a bidding war occurs before it ends.

OT: I suppose this is a good thing, but then if you're stupid enough to be buying wizard spells and potions off of ebay, you deserve to get shafted.

Know what I love? That the love trap has this disclaimer at the bottom.

"Disclaimer: By law I am required to state that all spells and paranormal objects are sold for "entertainment purposes" only. You must be 18 or older to purchase. I am not liable for any paranormal effects that may or may not happen. This purchase is not a substitute for legal, financial, medical or psychiatric help. You agree to these terms and understand them when making your purchase."

I am filled with confidence that your spell will work there. Brimming with the stuff.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
I remember a long time ago I came across a website that was devoted to selling stupid shit on eBay with the premise it had "magical" properties. I think my favorite was the "wishing sticks" that were just a couple of twigs they got off a tree in his yard and photographed in a wine glass half full of some water with food coloring in it. He even wrote up a warning that they should be careful with their wishes due to the potency of the "wishing sticks". I remember the final bid was well over 20 dollars.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
BoogieManFL said:
Good. This will protect the stupid people from the unethical people.
Meh, people who fall for this sort of crap get whatever (usually nothing) is coming to them. Also as long as they don't ban spell books and reagents I think we'll still be in there. =p

Axell699

Sep 13, 2008
I wonder what's weirder. That people actually buy spells or that the sellers have stellar ratings and user satisfaction???

Positive Feedback: 98.0% <--WTF
Feedback score: 357