Edge Games "Completely Certain" of Legal Victory

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
"Isn't it amazing how biased towards Electronic Arts the press is on this? When did EA suddenly become the good guys?"
Oh, Tim, you silly, silly man. The press isn't biased towards EA at all. Surely you must be able to understand, even in this strange little world you seem to inhabit, that the press is biased against you.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Another company, like the developers of Duke Nukem, that produces nothing but countinues to hoover up money. Fantastic.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
Another company, like the developers of Duke Nukem, that produces nothing but countinues to hoover up money. Fantastic.
However, at least there is solid evidence that 3D Realms did make games, which is more than you can say about this lot.

ad4m101

Jan 17, 2010
wait so edge is suing because they used the word edge..even in mirrors edge.....wow. i dont even see how its possible to trademark a single word like that.
after a quick look on edges website, there bringing out a game called mirrors lol

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"Isn't it amazing how biased towards Electronic Arts the press is on this? When did EA suddenly become the good guys?"

I think you'll find EA became the good guys when the opposition became morons like you, good sir.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Oh, man. This is like the SCO Unix patent trolling all over again. Begone, foul beast! Stop wasting time and taxpayer money by tying up the courts! Back to the pits that spawned you!

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
ad4m101 said:
wait so edge is suing because they used the word edge..even in mirrors edge.....wow. i dont even see how its possible to trademark a single word like that.
after a quick look on edges website, there bringing out a game called mirrors lol
The Same way that UPS can attempt to trademark the colour brown.
If people think they can get away with it, then they're stupid enough to try it.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
The best part about all of this is, despite having tons and tons of press (negative as it is), Edge doesn't even have any games to capitalize on with the amount of people who visit their website to see what all the commotion is about. All they have are a handful of games from the early to mid 90s not available for the current gen. I hadn't even heard of them outside of this lawsuit bullshit.

Dark Link

Jul 27, 2009
And "un-named spokesperson" by the name of "Tim Langdell".

Seriously, give it up, man. No one cares about you. You are not special in any way. You exploit other people for your own benefit and you are going to fucking lose this case.

If he does win though, I will eat my own leg off.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Femaref said:
This is trolling on a professional level.
Sums up the games business industry beautifully.
I never really knew business could be so much fun. I hope EA wins. Crush them EA! Crush their tiny, virgin balls!

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Wow, EA must have added "the lesser of two evils" to the official text of their business model recently... I count no less than three public battles lately when I've been on their side.

mrverbal said:
I think I might go copyright the term 'fuckwad'...so then I can sue anyone anytime they use the name 'Tim Langdell' because they are clearly breaching my copyright by inference.
Or you could sue Langdell directly, the next time he signs his name on his lawyers' contracts (you wouldn't have to wait long).

And it kills two birds with one stone... you get Kotick too.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
To everyone who keeps saying "they" when referring to Edge games. There's no "they" it's only one asshole named Tim Langdel.