1) Jack Thompson - Disbarred and disgraced
2) Michael Atkinson - Retired and replaced
3) Uwe Boll - Blizzard and Konami laugh at his requests
4) Tim Langdell - You're next
5) Bobby Kotick - Final Boss

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
"Since when did EA become the good guys?"

This quote makes me rage so fucking hard. It really shows these idiots' ignorance.

It's not about who the "good guys" are. It's about who's right. We don't root for Luke Skywalker because he's Luke Skywalker. We root for Luke Skywalker because he's right.

And if the audience starts rooting for Hitler over you, that must tell you how completely fucking wrong your side is.

I wish there was a strong enough word to describe my feelings. Hatred and loathing don't do it justice.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Breaking news! EdgeGames are also sueing the creators of the upcoming Edge of Twilight game by saying that they had a game called Of Twilight in development for a year now, though there is no sign of it being seen before.
In other news, EA has finally announced their true plan for handling this situation. The public relations division said the following: "Screw Tim Langdell's insanity, we've got money!"

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
coldalarm said:
Mirror's Edge?
Seriously?
By the Nine...
ad4m101 said:
wait so edge is suing because they used the word edge..even in mirrors edge.....wow. i dont even see how its possible to trademark a single word like that.
after a quick look on edges website, there bringing out a game called mirrors lol
I'm not sure if it's still the case, but when Edge "announced" their game called Mirrors, the logo was set up like this

I believe this is why Edge feels they can go against EA and DICE.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Altheus_Necron said:
I'm not sure if it's still the case, but when Edge "announced" their game called Mirrors, the logo was set up like this

I believe this is why Edge feels they can go against EA and DICE.
Well, I'll give them this: I certainly am amazed. Perhaps not in the way they want me to be, but I really am amazed at the lengths Langdell will go to for free money. I'll be even more amazed if the US Court lets him get away with it.

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
mrverbal said:
PS, Tim: Any time someone is suggesting in a fight of you VS EA games that EA are the good guys, it isn't because they are the good guys, it is because you are a fuckwad of outrageous proportions. It's like if you had a fight between Mr Burns and the emperor; Mr Burns is 'the good guy' only on the grounds that he is just sort of generically evil, not a genocidal super villian.
That's pretty much what I thought. Its EA for christs sake, just how big of a douche do you have to be in order to make them look like the good guys?

Its mind boggling.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Anyone interested in a detailed (if strongly anti-Langdell) look at the history of Edge Games should check out ChaosEdge:

http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/ [http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/]

There's a lot to sift through but it's very informative.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Andy Chalk said:
Anyone interested in a detailed (if strongly anti-Langdell) look at the history of Edge Games should check out ChaosEdge:

http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/ [http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/]

There's a lot to sift through but it's very informative.
For a slightly more anti-Langdell view, Here's EA's filing of suit [http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=92051465&pty=CAN&eno=16], including all those juicy accusations of fraud committed by Langdell in order to perpetuate trademarks for products which may not, in fact, have existed.

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
You know. I'm tempted to make a website for a new game that I have no intention of makeing just so I can copyright the name and have Tim come after me as well to change the name. I think I shall name the game...

The Edge or Edginess: Case of Edgy the Edged Edging

While I'm at it I should go and call my company THE so now no one can use that word in anything ever again.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
So let me get this straight - there's a game company which feels obligated to sue people simply because their games have the word "edge" in their titles?

Whoever thinks the legal system is intended to be used that way needs their civil rights removed. With a ball-peen hammer.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Can I trademark "The" Games, and file a lawsuit for every game with "The" in the title? These guys are as bad as the happy birthday people who wouldn't let the song be sung on television. I'm glad we don't have Edge Games around here, just good old reputable controversy-free Gamestop.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
scnj said:
Bag of cocks. I dunno who is worse, Langdell or Kotick.
Clearly they must both be the same person. Kotick realized he wasn't reaching his monthly douchebag quota, so he adopted the persona of Tim Langdell so people won't burn down Activision. And on a completely unrelated note, I now feel compelled to go play Driver...

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Adolf Hitler was also certain of a quick and glorious victory.
Edge Games is certain of Legal Victory...

We'll see, bitches, we'll see...

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
chronobreak said:
Can I trademark "The" Games, and file a lawsuit for every game with "The" in the title? These guys are as bad as the happy birthday people who wouldn't let the song be sung on television. I'm glad we don't have Edge Games around here, just good old reputable controversy-free Gamestop.
At least the people who wrote happy birthday people made the song, even if it isnt a complex song they made it. This is just stupid Theres no way that they should get away with this. They should be be fined for trying to take advantage of the law or something.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
heyheysg said:
Enemies of videogames

1) Jack Thompson - Disbarred and disgraced
2) Michael Atkinson - Retired and replaced
3) Uwe Boll - Blizzard and Konami laugh at his requests
4) Tim Langdell - You're next
5) Bobby Kotick - Final Boss
For Tim Langdell you should add "Resigned from Independent Game Developers Association in Disgrace" since that was the big deal with him originally.