Edge Games Sues EA Over Mirror's Edge

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Ok seriously. Someone please tell the fucktard who thought it was a good idea to sue EA about a FUCKING word to stop right now. Because EA have money.

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
Furburt said:
Right, the most obvious reason for all this is simple.

Tim Langdell cannot get an erection unless he sues someone.

I cannot think of any other rational reason for this.
Naw you only got it half right. he has no problem with that, it's just that like the "games" he "makes", he can get them going but can't quite finish it off unless he gets the lawsuit cash.

Seriously though I want to make my own company and call it Tim Langdell Inc. That way I can sue him for copyright every time he signs his name on a lawsuit.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Furburt said:

Quoted for truth!!

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I think that, on Xbox Live, PSN and Steam, all games should be renamed on one day of the year to incorporate the word "Edge". Lawsuits for everyone!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Main Entry: edge
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: border, outline
Synonyms: bend, berm, bound, boundary, brim, brink, butt, circumference, contour, corner, crook, crust, curb, end, extremity, frame, fringe, frontier, hem, hook, ledge, limb, limit, line, lip, margin, molding, mouth, outskirt, peak, perimeter, periphery, point, portal, rim, ring, shore, side, skirt, split, strand, term, threshold, tip, trimming, turn, verge

Something tells me Mirror's periphery wouldn't have had the same ring to it.

So can we not use the word edge now? EDGE! Edge, edge, edge, edge.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I made a company called "The". If you say "The" without at "The" very least paying me alot of money in royalties, I will sue "The" pants off you.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
For the most comprehensive documentation of Tim Langdell's Jackassery check out ChaosEdge [http://chaosedge.wordpress.com/].

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Yeah, Tim... I doubt you'll get shit from this. I've got this idea floating in my mind that you'll just end up losing and having to pay the legal fee's... So... Go right a head and so the shit out of them.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
can i say "screw those trolls" without being banned. if so, i didnt say it. however, if i wont get banned, see earlier comment. edge games havent released a game since 1994. they are simply hurting the industry by attacking actually original games like mirrors edge. also, their law suit is ridiculous. i should start suing everyone else named josh for copyright infringement.

Apr 28, 2008
This is why you shouldn't be able to trademark words everyone uses.

In relation to Mirrors Edge, I was hoping to see the sequel at E3.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
SnowDensOfYesteryear said:
Wow, EDGE Games are really on EDGE, their lawsuits being quite "EDGY" in their definition of the law. EDGY in the stupid sense. I wonder what lEDGE this guy's parents threw him off of head first.

Uh... EDGE. *Skitters off*
Say "Edge" one more time ************ I will blow your mother fucking head off

Cookie for the reference

OT: Edge truly are the trolls of game developers

Furburt said:

0.o

You have a brilliant yet simple mind sir

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Good. It's about time. I was waiting for this.

And now, Edge Games, I shall go put on the popcorn. I shall pour myself a glass of fresh homemade lemonade. And I shall toast to your eminent demise.

EA has crushed better men than you for less, Langdell. You just went from kicking defenseless baby deer to walking into a bear's cave and kicking it in the junk. You are pissing off one of the biggest players in the game. And as someone already said, they've got money. More so, they've got lawyers.

When they began to hit you in the direction of your little patents, you should have known to back off. Maybe go after a few more bedroom programmers who can't afford to defend themselves. But no. I knew, we all knew, you'd get greedy and stupid, even more so than you already have been.

So cheers, Mr. Langdell. Cheers and a fond farewell to what will soon be the hollowed-out remains of your company and career. Maybe on the way down, you should consider what could have been, if you'd used your ill-gotten loot to, I dunno, hire real programmers to make real games, instead of the mockery of a shell company you run now. But such is life. Cheers, and farewell.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
This seems like a fantastic idea! I am now registering 'E' software with my lawyers and have applied to copyright both 'E' and 'e'.

*Waits for money to roll in*

EDIT: Crap! Beaten to the idea by sparrow but he didn't copyright it. *runs to lawyers to copyright idea*

Also

I'll be on the edge of my seat while this plays out....

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Truly-A-Lie said:
Can I ask what the hell Edge Games have actually made? Ever? All I've heard from them is repeated lawsuits over common nouns?
They've made some iPhone games.Nothing more.

OT:I think that Edge Games have their heads lodge so far up their asses that they can't think straight.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
God, I hope EA can win. They've got a shit load of cash. Don't buy out, fight it please!