Edge Games Sues EA Over Mirror's Edge

Synek

Mar 31, 2009
Well all I got to say is :
Edge games stop being douche bags, it will totally backfire!

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Here we go, the main event: professional troll vs. EA and its lawyers, each equipped with the law equivilant for the BFG-3000. This should be fun.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
JaymesFogarty said:
Damn. The next one will have to be called, "Mirror's Shard." Actually, come to think of it, that doesn't sound too bad!
Seriously though, edge is a ridiculous word to patent. No way one company can exclusively own it.
A company named Halo could make billions.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Sparrow said:
I made a company called "The". If you say "The" without at "The" very least paying me alot of money in royalties, I will sue "The" pants off you.
Oh THE horror!!!

crud........

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
thats it im Trademarking the numbers 1 ans 0. now im owed royalties for every pieceof software on the planet as well as some other stuff (god help you if you try to use the number 10 without my permision...)

to be honest the only way that this could have been funnier would have been if he tryed it on Ubisoft or Activision. noone would know who to back!

professional troll VS corporate douche
OR
professional troll VS Bobby Kotick

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Digikid said:
Sparrow said:
I made a company called "The". If you say "The" without at "The" very least paying me alot of money in royalties, I will sue "The" pants off you.
Oh THE horror!!!

crud........
OH TEH NOES!

ha! your net cannot hold me! (unless your trademark extends to 'teh', in which case im sc*****)

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
It's funny I was just wondering earlier this week, "I wonder what that douche nozzle Tim Langdel is up to?" I really hope EA doesn't settle on this and instead fights this and wins, then counter sues for all Tim's worth.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Next he needs to sue the word 'ledge' for unlawfully using the word 'edge' within itself. After that he can tackle 'hedge', 'wedge' and any other evil words for stealing his precious. Tim, just give up and kiss my hairy edge.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Truly-A-Lie said:
Can I ask what the hell Edge Games have actually made? Ever? All I've heard from them is repeated lawsuits over common nouns?
From what I can understand, they made a few games back in the late 80's or something. For the most part they just copyrighted a bunch of stuff and then sued anyone who used key words and that is how his "buisness" stays afloat.

OT: This is a giant ad to sell Dante's Inferno 2.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Furburt said:
Right, the most obvious reason for all this is simple.

Tim Langdell cannot get an erection unless he sues someone.

I cannot think of any other rational reason for this.
You got an erection just for writing this. Your so on the edge.

Seriously, nobody check Edge lineup of Games? Nobody remember Edge? I remember... They did shitty game from commodore to Sega. They did the awful Spider and X-man - Arcade's Revenge on Genesis. This is just to get money. They are trying to sue the big dogs for some cash they aren't entitle to. They have fallen lower than Acclaim and Atari (old one). Sega can point at them and say:"We failed, but not as much as this guy." In that aspect, i can understand trying. If they win, the may get enough money to make a real game and some free publicity (thanks for helping them, Escapist Crew!). If not, they still get the attentions (Once again, thanks Escapist Crew!) so they may get people buying their product. Whatever happen, they can't lose.

RottingAwesome

Aug 15, 2009
oh god.... you can't just copyright words like that! agh silly people...
speaking of mirror's edge, anyone else disappointed to not hear anything about the sequel at the EA conference?

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Chester41585 said:
I hope EA wins, buys the company, then sells it to the Dutch.
Me too. Wait scratch that.

Let them parade in the street while we "stoned" them with their bad release. I'm still not over Spider-Man and X-men - Arcade's Revenge. There also Sword of Sodan, The Incredible Hulk...Man, they would last very long.
BTW: That's just the 3 worst game on THE GENESIS! They did other console too.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
poiuppx said:
Good. It's about time. I was waiting for this.

And now, Edge Games, I shall go put on the popcorn. I shall pour myself a glass of fresh homemade lemonade. And I shall toast to your eminent demise.

EA has crushed better men than you for less, Langdell. You just went from kicking defenseless baby deer to walking into a bear's cave and kicking it in the junk. You are pissing off one of the biggest players in the game. And as someone already said, they've got money. More so, they've got lawyers.

When they began to hit you in the direction of your little patents, you should have known to back off. Maybe go after a few more bedroom programmers who can't afford to defend themselves. But no. I knew, we all knew, you'd get greedy and stupid, even more so than you already have been.

So cheers, Mr. Langdell. Cheers and a fond farewell to what will soon be the hollowed-out remains of your company and career. Maybe on the way down, you should consider what could have been, if you'd used your ill-gotten loot to, I dunno, hire real programmers to make real games, instead of the mockery of a shell company you run now. But such is life. Cheers, and farewell.
No! Ea, don't do it... I want the honor. They ruined so many of my summer with their crappy game. Let me at them! (lol)

Yeah, well said dude.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
Main Entry: edge
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: border, outline
Synonyms: bend, berm, bound, boundary, brim, brink, butt, circumference, contour, corner, crook, crust, curb, end, extremity, frame, fringe, frontier, hem, hook, ledge, limb, limit, line, lip, margin, molding, mouth, outskirt, peak, perimeter, periphery, point, portal, rim, ring, shore, side, skirt, split, strand, term, threshold, tip, trimming, turn, verge

Something tells me Mirror's periphery wouldn't have had the same ring to it.

So can we not use the word edge now? EDGE! Edge, edge, edge, edge.
Admit it, Mirrors Bend would have been an awesome name for a puzzler.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
I keep seeing these stories and here I am thinking that there's a simple solution to this - assassination.

Sure, it's not pretty and it's oh so slightly illegal. But technically, it'll sort all these issues out lickety split!

[sub]I'm in trouble now, aren't I.[/sub]

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Grrr, that just takes the biscuit. I really like Mirrors Edge, easily one of my favourites, so this is especially annoying. I knew they would pick on Mirrors Edge eventually though.

One wonders when the game Mirrors, by Edge Games, is actually due to be released. Nonetheless, we should apparently prepare to be amazed by it, whatever it is.