Editor's Note: Changing with Change

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
Steve Butts said:
Editor's Note: Changing with Change

Meet The Escapist's new Editor-in-Chief.

Read Full Article
Congratulations Steve.

I'm quite interested to see whats to come under the authority of Doctor Strange.

martyrdrebel27 said:
can you give us tl;dr version?
I hope that is a joke.

Reading is a very good skill to have. It does seem with the attention span of readers these days, pretty soon articles in newspapers, magazines, and online publications will have to be only one to two good sentences, because any longer and people won't read because they don't have more than a few seconds to read, because their lives are soooo "busy".
yes it was. thank you for almost nearly getting it too. i'm a big fan of reading and writing, i just thought it was a nice chance to take a jab at our internet culture, where a man is posting a long insightful message about a life-changing event, and someone asks for a tl;dr version. i thought it was amusing. but like most things i do, it was enjoyed only by me. sigh.

SemiHumanTarget

Apr 4, 2011
Steve, I think a lot of what you say rings true. I've definitely trusted the Escapist to provide the most insightful and honest commentary on the industry. That said, respectfully, I sincerely hope you don't start treating the Fruit Ninjas, Angry Birds, and Farmvilles of the world as legitimate gaming experiences worth equal coverage.

I know there are a variety of opinions on the subject, and yes, they are games, but I don't think they are ever going to be the type of game your average Escapist reader comes here to read about, and I honestly don't think soccer moms are going to be logging in any time soon for the latest Angry Birds news.

Think about it this way: Did PC gaming magazines ever make a big deal about Minesweeper back in the day?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
yes it was. thank you for almost nearly getting it too. i'm a big fan of reading and writing, i just thought it was a nice chance to take a jab at our internet culture, where a man is posting a long insightful message about a life-changing event, and someone asks for a tl;dr version. i thought it was amusing. but like most things i do, it was enjoyed only by me. sigh.
Sarcasm and jokes don't translate well in text unless they are very clear. I have seen stuff like the remark you made and those people were being serious. I wasn't sure.

That is why when I make sarcastic remarks or jokes in comments, unless what I type is totally clear, I put a [sarcasm] tag next to what I say or a "=P" to show I am just joking.