Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:
AnythingOutstanding said:
Only a console port would have such weak specs.

A tri GTX 580 eats the HD 5850 alive.
Please tell me you're joking.

3 x GTX 580s? That's more than three times the graphics output required to play any game that has ever been created in history at full settings.
Not really try playing metro 2033 on max it barely reach reach 100 fps at 1080p try multi monitor or 3d or high resolution single monitor and your barely getting 60fps (if your using 3gb 580's that is).

Also don't know why people are so worried about this games graphics not really what I will play it for though nice see a real graphics card under recommend spec.
I can run Metro 2033 on max settings 1080p with 60+ in many areas on a single 6950 unlocked.
I'm doing a bunch of videos to show the game off, I might even just add the fraps readout for the sake of that.
Yer but your not running Physx on that card so not accurate to compare amd to nvidia on that game unless disable it which see the stats race up on a nvidia card to much higher.
PhysX? On Metro 2033?
Seriously, you should do yourself a favour and just disable it completely. I ran the game on my dual 460 back before I upgraded and the PhysX did absolutely nothing. The only game where PhysX has actually shown any improvement is Arkham Asylum, simply because of its small particle and paper physics. Plus the fact you have to stare at batmans dress the whole time.

They tried selling it as a big part of Mafia II, but there's near impossible difference to tell between the standard and PhysX system.

I think its more unfair to compare a card running PhysX to anything else- its like a massive handicap.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Hey then I won't need to buy another graphicscard till 2012. :)
5770 <3

Doom972 said:
To everyone who blames the low-specs on the game being a port:

Bad ports tend to require very high specs to run. I still remember that when Invisible War came out nobody was able to run it smoothly.

If the game runs smoothly at high settings with the recommended specs then this is a highly polished port.

BTW, it seems that the recommended specs don't have a recommended Nvidia GPU. What's the Nvidia equivalent of the recommended ATI GPU?
A GTX460 will perform roughly the same.

donutsftw

Nov 10, 2009
Slightly off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks that all the orange/amber lighting in this game makes it look kinda shitty?

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Doom972 said:
To everyone who blames the low-specs on the game being a port:

Bad ports tend to require very high specs to run. I still remember that when Invisible War came out nobody was able to run it smoothly.
I kinda learned that the hard way with Assassin's Creed 1. Then again, my GTX 560 was running hot inside a case with no fans to suck in air or vent it out. Barely any difference with the fans attached in any openings that allowed for them.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
*Sees WinXP support*

*Breathes a sign of relief*

I don't mind that my hardware has drifted down to the minimum level of so many games, while DirectX has plenty of pretty editions I'm quite satisfied with how these games look even without all of the bells and whistles. But eventually I'll need to upgrade to Win7 . . . and actually that's not really a concern, but I'm still not in a rush. :)

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
People exaggerate about graphics. The original Deus Ex was a bunch of steaming pile of donkey crap in the graphics department, and the combat blew monkey balls. Hard. What made up for it was the story and the illusion of choice that it provided.

As long as the game is good I don't care if the graphics suck.

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
You know what surprises me the most? The relatively small amount of HDD space required. Even games like Tomb Raider can take up 10GB nowadays. I expected a sprawling RPG-FPS like Deus Ex 3 to take up a lot more space, certainly 15GB. I hope that doesn't say something about the length of this game.
Not really. If Bethesda managed to cram in a huge game like Morrowind on only one CD, they can probably cram in 30-40 hours in 8.5 GB

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008

I'd hope 3 500$ graphics cards eats a single 200$ card alive. Otherwise somebody is doing something seriously wrong.

gmaverick019 said:
Delusibeta said:
I wouldn't be too surprised if the recommended graphics card was trolling or a paid advertisement to AMD, if I'm being honest. Certainly, it sticks out against the RAM and Processor recommendations.
very true, i was looking down the lines and my eyes got a tad bit bigger seeing that card, by no means is it top of the line but it definitely sticks out compared to the ram, and a bit to the processor.
Eh, it's only a 200$ card. Not really that expensive when you get down to it.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:

Please tell me you're joking.

3 x GTX 580s? That's more than three times the graphics output required to play any game that has ever been created in history at full settings.
Not really try playing metro 2033 on max it barely reach reach 100 fps at 1080p try multi monitor or 3d or high resolution single monitor and your barely getting 60fps (if your using 3gb 580's that is).

Also don't know why people are so worried about this games graphics not really what I will play it for though nice see a real graphics card under recommend spec.
I can run Metro 2033 on max settings 1080p with 60+ in many areas on a single 6950 unlocked.
I'm doing a bunch of videos to show the game off, I might even just add the fraps readout for the sake of that.
Yer but your not running Physx on that card so not accurate to compare amd to nvidia on that game unless disable it which see the stats race up on a nvidia card to much higher.
PhysX? On Metro 2033?
Seriously, you should do yourself a favour and just disable it completely. I ran the game on my dual 460 back before I upgraded and the PhysX did absolutely nothing. The only game where PhysX has actually shown any improvement is Arkham Asylum, simply because of its small particle and paper physics. Plus the fact you have to stare at batmans dress the whole time.

They tried selling it as a big part of Mafia II, but there's near impossible difference to tell between the standard and PhysX system.

I think its more unfair to compare a card running PhysX to anything else- its like a massive handicap.
ok fine even if take that out, the nvida cards can do 32x AA the AMD can do a max of 8x. The point trying make is that amd cards don't really run at maximum spec of any high end game. Not that AMD are bad anything though not big fan of 6000 series but hopefully the 7000 will be better.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
We'd better be allowed to disable the yellow glow effect on interactable objects. That thing completely ruins any exploration.

EDIT: My 295 scrapes through once more. Hurrah!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
We'd better be allowed to disable the yellow glow effect on interactable objects. That thing completely ruins any exploration.
yep they even released a video about it...<.<

Though honestly I'm gonna be using the augmented reality, AKA the yellow glow, it seems like they put a lot of time into making it an integral part of the experience like the blue outlines in the original Deus Ex...

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Sacman said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
yep they even released a video about it...<.<
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is now an instant buy.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Rack said:
For a console port this is beyond pathetic. A $2000 dollar PC built at the same time as the 360 was released would be scraping below minimum specs.
Seriously?

My PC cost me £300 ($780) and it meets the recommended specs in all except the processor.

If you're paying $2000 for a non-gaming rig you're being scammed, my friend.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
dryg said:
Lines look pretty jagged, needs more AA
That's what I thought at first too. Then I saw the unscaled images and was [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55445.jpg] slightly [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55447.jpg] relieved. [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55449.jpg]

Still looks a little jaggy, bland, and orangy, with some obviously low-res textures thrown in, but it's not like I loved the first Deus Ex for its AwesomE GraffiX!!