Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
AnythingOutstanding said:
Only a console port would have such weak specs.

A tri GTX 580 eats the HD 5850 alive.
Please tell me you're joking.

3 x GTX 580s? That's more than three times the graphics output required to play any game that has ever been created in history at full settings.

Smasngrab

Apr 23, 2009
Hope there is some leeway upwards, so it is runnable on now end macines, but will look great on top end macines.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
HerbertTheHamster said:
Wow, those screens look like shit. The people seem made out of plastic.

Are those orange things coming out of the containers supposed to be fire?
Its the future. Everything is made out of plastic.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Popido said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
Wow, those screens look like shit. The people seem made out of plastic.

Are those orange things coming out of the containers supposed to be fire?
Its the future. Everything is made out of plastic.
Okay, thanks. That explains Doom 3 as well.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:

3 x GTX 580s? That's more than three times the graphics output required to play any game that has ever been created in history at full settings.
And you don't want a game to take advantage of that?
While I understand that, I don't see what owning three of the most powerful cards available can achieve, myself. At this point no game has even managed to fulfill the graphics capability of ONE of those cards. They're top market, and given the plateu of graphics on console and pc port (with wiggle room given of course to the new Unreal Engine) the single 580 isn't going to be challenged for a good number of years.
Three of them? As much as I appreciate what an awesome machine that must be, seems like overkill for the sake of it.

By the time 3 x 580's will be feasable even for the most demanding game, we'll be talking several years down the line and massive folds in prices.

Not saying you were wrong to do it, just my 2 cents. You can't really expect developers to produce for a monster computer like that when we're still seasons away from them living up to GTX 470 expectations.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:

And you don't want a game to take advantage of that?
WAIT! Can it run Crysis?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ah darn, the game is really starting to look bad, clearly they were taking pointers from modern shooters and the gameplay went down console lane... atleast it will sell great.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
dashiz94 said:
WAIT! Can it run Crysis?
Pffft!

More like, can it run ArmA 2 with 1700 AIs over a 10km engagement distance with 70+ jet fighters in combat above?

<youtube=khG8pVEmzO4>

<youtube=X03SVGktjLs>

<youtube=i6TnEyrN55I>

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Those honestly look like screenshots from Invisible Warrior. I haven't seen octahedral pedestal bases since half-life 1.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:

Not really try playing metro 2033 on max it barely reach reach 100 fps at 1080p try multi monitor or 3d or high resolution single monitor and your barely getting 60fps (if your using 3gb 580's that is).

Also don't know why people are so worried about this games graphics not really what I will play it for though nice see a real graphics card under recommend spec.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I wish they could qualify their "recomended" specs, or in the way of Metro 2033, also include an "optimal" spec which might indicate the highest setting requirements...

Anyway, good thing I have two 5850s. This game looks interesting (never played Deus Ex before).

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:

Not really try playing metro 2033 on max it barely reach reach 100 fps at 1080p try multi monitor or 3d or high resolution single monitor and your barely getting 60fps (if your using 3gb 580's that is).

Also don't know why people are so worried about this games graphics not really what I will play it for though nice see a real graphics card under recommend spec.
I can run Metro 2033 on max settings 1080p with 60+ in many areas on a single 6950 unlocked.
I'm doing a bunch of videos to show the game off, I might even just add the fraps readout for the sake of that.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Yay! I can run it on recommended settings. I am also one of those who are worried about the small required HDD space. I expected it to take up HUGE amounts of space on my hardrive. Not really what I'm expecting from Deus Ex.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
To everyone who blames the low-specs on the game being a port:

Bad ports tend to require very high specs to run. I still remember that when Invisible War came out nobody was able to run it smoothly.

If the game runs smoothly at high settings with the recommended specs then this is a highly polished port.

BTW, it seems that the recommended specs don't have a recommended Nvidia GPU. What's the Nvidia equivalent of the recommended ATI GPU?

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
dashiz94 said:
WAIT! Can it run Crysis?
Pffft!

More like, can it run ArmA 2 with 1700 AIs over a 10km engagement distance with 70+ jet fighters in combat above?

<youtube=khG8pVEmzO4>

<youtube=X03SVGktjLs>

<youtube=i6TnEyrN55I>
I must admit, this begs the question of "Is ARMA 2 good and worth getting?"

OT: I may not get this, but I am ever so-excited if the opportunity arises. It's nice to know it can run on my compy.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
GaltarDude1138 said:
I must admit, this begs the question of "Is ARMA 2 good and worth getting?"
Depends upon whether you like tactical shooters. Also, until and unless you have a monster of a PC, don't bother. Apart from being resource intensive, it's not very optimized. Just read the description from the from the last video on YouTube - the guy had eight fans running just to keep his i7 from dying on him...

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:
murphy7801 said:
ZombieGenesis said:

I can run Metro 2033 on max settings 1080p with 60+ in many areas on a single 6950 unlocked.
I'm doing a bunch of videos to show the game off, I might even just add the fraps readout for the sake of that.
Yer but your not running Physx on that card so not accurate to compare amd to nvidia on that game unless disable it which see the stats race up on a nvidia card to much higher.