Eidos Reveals Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Specs

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
-Torchedini- said:
Hey then I won't need to buy another graphicscard till 2012. :)
5770 <3

Doom972 said:
To everyone who blames the low-specs on the game being a port:

Bad ports tend to require very high specs to run. I still remember that when Invisible War came out nobody was able to run it smoothly.

If the game runs smoothly at high settings with the recommended specs then this is a highly polished port.

BTW, it seems that the recommended specs don't have a recommended Nvidia GPU. What's the Nvidia equivalent of the recommended ATI GPU?
A GTX460 will perform roughly the same.
really? not bad.
good thing I got two 460's then ey?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Fanboy said:
dryg said:
Lines look pretty jagged, needs more AA
That's what I thought at first too. Then I saw the unscaled images and was [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55445.jpg] slightly [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55447.jpg] relieved. [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/55/55449.jpg]

Still looks a little jaggy, bland, and orangy, with some obviously low-res textures thrown in, but it's not like I loved the first Deus Ex for its AwesomE GraffiX!!
Here's some actually in combat with the HUD if you're interested...
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-action-shot-1.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-action-shot-2.jpg
I'm just relieved that they have Hotkeys instead of forcing us to use a damn menu system like Alpha Protocol... though the map looks too small and I probably won't notice it...<.<

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
GaltarDude1138 said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
dashiz94 said:
WAIT! Can it run Crysis?
Pffft!

More like, can it run ArmA 2 with 1700 AIs over a 10km engagement distance with 70+ jet fighters in combat above?

<youtube=khG8pVEmzO4>

<youtube=X03SVGktjLs>

<youtube=i6TnEyrN55I>
I must admit, this begs the question of "Is ARMA 2 good and worth getting?"
It was when it was $10 on steam last week...<.<

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:
Sacman said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
We'd better be allowed to disable the yellow glow effect on interactable objects. That thing completely ruins any exploration.
yep they even released a video about it...<.<
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is now an instant buy.
I'm still waiting to see how the regenerating health and 3rd person go down.

I miss the old days of chasing NSF around liberty island Benny Hill style with a crowbar or baton.

goood times

also, anyone know if bioenergy also regenerates?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
RadiusXd said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Sacman said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
We'd better be allowed to disable the yellow glow effect on interactable objects. That thing completely ruins any exploration.

I miss the old days of chasing NSF around liberty island Benny Hill style with a crowbar or baton.

goood times

I would assume that if you play on the hardest difficulty health regen would be either at a minimum or off.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
RadiusXd said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Sacman said:
SL33TBL1ND said:

goood times

Health and Bioenergy only regenerates one segment since it's separated into segments. As you level up you'll gain more I think and it also regenerates slowly like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. slowly... also if you want a good idea of how the cover system goes down play Rainbow Six Vegas they said they built the cover system off of it, the problem is that the PC port of Vegas is almost unwieldy...

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Sacman said:
RadiusXd said:
Health and Bioenergy only regenerates one segment since it's separated into segments. As you level up you'll gain more I think and it also regenerates slowly like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. slowly... also if you want a good idea of how the cover system goes down play Rainbow Six Vegas they said they built the cover system off of it, the problem is that the PC port of Vegas is almost unwieldy...
not just cover though, melee as well
if I'm gonna have to sit looking at Jenson's cyborg face while he does all the work every time I kill people close up, I'm also gonna have to be super >:O

and if it's a Quick-time event then the developers soul is beyond gods mercy.

EDIT: and seriously? inbuilt swords? they aren't even a realistic size! why in engineering a super soldier would an engineers first thoughts be,
"you know what he will need? GIANT ARM-BLADES!!"

co-worker: "why don't we use that space to hold say, extra bio-energy reserve or augmentations? I mean, he can already crush peoples neck and vocal chords with one hand right? wouldn't a small dagger do?"

engineer: "no man, giant arm-blades will be awesome! think of how much cooler they will be!"

co-worker: "I would argue this more with you, but as far as corporate is concerned, I'm not at all accountable for your work."

engineer: "Arm-blades it is then!"

co-worker *walks out*

pliusmannn

Dec 4, 2008
Hooray, my pc stands more that recommended, it means 80+ fps on highest graphics 1600x1200 resolution! but if i had to i would lower the settings because i care about gameplay more than glitter around

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
RadiusXd said:

goood times

From the video I saw a single "segment" of bio-energy will regenerate. Regenerating health makes sense too, I mean in the first one I'm sure everyone plugged in the health module and just turned it on whenever.

RE console port:
Am I thinking of another game coming soon or was this the one where they actually paid 2 different studios to develop the game rather than do a port?

Finally, speaking of the first one, why are they calling this one deus ex 3? I don't recall a 2 and I can't find any evidence of its existence.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Phishfood said:
RadiusXd said:

goood times

From the video I saw a single "segment" of bio-energy will regenerate. Regenerating health makes sense too, I mean in the first one I'm sure everyone plugged in the health module and just turned it on whenever.

RE console port:
Am I thinking of another game coming soon or was this the one where they actually paid 2 different studios to develop the game rather than do a port?

Finally, speaking of the first one, why are they calling this one deus ex 3? I don't recall a 2 and I can't find any evidence of its existence.
there is a shambles of a sequel that brings shame to the name of deus ex, it's name is invisible wars.

never play it
for the love of god

EDIT:

Oh and, the original Deus Ex is actually set after human revolutions, and you play JC, one of the first nano-augmented agents. let's just say that his health augmentation was pretty freaking bleeding edge nanotechnology for the time, something Jenson wouldn't have access to at all really. also, bio energy did not generate magically and neither did health, so you could basically use this augmentation to transfer bio-energy into health, not pull health from nowhere

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Boyninja616 said:
Rack said:
For a console port this is beyond pathetic. A $2000 dollar PC built at the same time as the 360 was released would be scraping below minimum specs.
Seriously?

My PC cost me £300 ($780) and it meets the recommended specs in all except the processor.

If you're paying $2000 for a non-gaming rig you're being scammed, my friend.
Yes seriously. A PC built at the time the 360 was released couldn't even HAVE an 8800, the card wasn't released then, if you built a rig for that much at the moment the 8800 was released you'd still be on a dual core. The system at the time would have destroyed any console port several times over, there's absolutely no comparison to what a top end PC could do with Oblivion next to the console port. And now that same PC is being outclassed by a 360. It can only be down to pathetic optimization, and yet here Escapist are lionising it.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Rack said:
Boyninja616 said:
Rack said:
For a console port this is beyond pathetic. A $2000 dollar PC built at the same time as the 360 was released would be scraping below minimum specs.
Seriously?

My PC cost me £300 ($780) and it meets the recommended specs in all except the processor.

Yes seriously. A PC built at the time the 360 was released couldn't even HAVE an 8800, the card wasn't released then, if you built a rig for that much at the moment the 8800 was released you'd still be on a dual core. The system at the time would have destroyed any console port several times over, there's absolutely no comparison to what a top end PC could do with Oblivion next to the console port. And now that same PC is being outclassed by a 360. It can only be down to pathetic optimization, and yet here Escapist are lionising it.
But the 360 has undergone several improvements since it came out, much like PC rigs. Considering that next Thursday will be the 6th anniversary of the 360's release, a PC of that age would be more or less dead anyway, even more so when compared to a newer 360.

Just a quick search on Dell gave me a PC that costs quite close to $2000, the Alienware Aurora [http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-aurora-r3/pd?oc=d00asw04&model_id=alienware-aurora-r3]. It's specs trounce the recommended requirements using technology that is about as old as the latest 360. It's all about updating hardware. My PC (2 years old) can run MW2 on maximum graphics settings. 4 years is an incredibly long time in terms of PC Hardware innovation, and therefore consoles will quickly outclass them.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
RadiusXd said:
Sacman said:
RadiusXd said:
not just cover though, melee as well
if I'm gonna have to sit looking at Jenson's cyborg face while he does all the work every time I kill people close up, I'm also gonna have to be super >:O

and if it's a Quick-time event then the developers soul is beyond gods mercy.

EDIT: and seriously? inbuilt swords? they aren't even a realistic size! why in engineering a super soldier would an engineers first thoughts be,
"you know what he will need? GIANT ARM-BLADES!!"

co-worker: "why don't we use that space to hold say, extra bio-energy reserve or augmentations? I mean, he can already crush peoples neck and vocal chords with one hand right? wouldn't a small dagger do?"

engineer: "no man, giant arm-blades will be awesome! think of how much cooler they will be!"

co-worker: "I would argue this more with you, but as far as corporate is concerned, I'm not at all accountable for your work."

engineer: "Arm-blades it is then!"

co-worker *walks out*
Lol pretty much...

from what I've seen it does things splinter cell style, you know just run up and push a button... but I also hear it's only if the guards don't see you so it's really a just a fancy backstab animation, which I would be fine with if it still let you specialize in melee weapons and offer the same amount of choice...

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
YEEEEESSSS!!!! This will be my August game for sure! Can anyone tell me if it's supposed to be set right after Dues Ex: Invisible War?

*shrugs* What?! I don't care about specs I'm a console gamer! I'm lucky if my system can get through Zero Punctuation without hacking up a pinball....

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Boyninja616 said:
Rack said:
Boyninja616 said:
Rack said:
Seriously?

But the 360 has undergone several improvements since it came out, much like PC rigs. Considering that next Thursday will be the 6th anniversary of the 360's release, a PC of that age would be more or less dead anyway, even more so when compared to a newer 360.

Just a quick search on Dell gave me a PC that costs quite close to $2000, the Alienware Aurora [http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-aurora-r3/pd?oc=d00asw04&model_id=alienware-aurora-r3]. It's specs trounce the recommended requirements using technology that is about as old as the latest 360. It's all about updating hardware. My PC (2 years old) can run MW2 on maximum graphics settings. 4 years is an incredibly long time in terms of PC Hardware innovation, and therefore consoles will quickly outclass them.
The hell? Do you think MS are sneaking into millions of people's houses and installing new processors? The 360 is the same hardware as it was 6 years ago, a six year old PC that was much more powerful than the 360 should still be much more powerful than the 360. It's only incompetence of the highest order that a PC 8 times as powerful as a 360 can't run a 360 port.

pokepuke

Dec 28, 2010
Rack said:
The difference is that computer technology has changed, while the 360 has remained the same, and the game is being ported. It's not like putting Windows on a 360 and running it from there. They are redesigning the video renderer to use the latest PC tech (well, going back several years for compatibility). If they went back to the older stuff then it would be harder to optimize and get stable. Consequently, it will look better on the PC and can scale much higher.

Notice how it says 8000 series. A 7800 would be faster than a 8400, but may have an older shader model that would transmogrify the development costs.
­
­
Boyninja616 said:
The other guy is right. It is the same as it was on the original release date. It has to be, for the developers, for people with the older systems, and for old games to still work with 100% compatibility. Many of the parts may be changed over the years as they put out slim models and such, but that is mostly to remove design defects and reduce production costs. And even if the parts are better, they have to be configured in such a way to emulate exactly the same functionality the original system came with.

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
Does the game have modding support? I want to fix the environmental effects already. Oh wait, console port.

This decade is all about the bastardisation of the classics. Invisible War was the lesson, seems the developers refused to learn from it.

I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I've stopped holding my breath for the release of Human Revolution, the gameplay videos make it look like Splinter Cell with dialog trees.
It had better be able to be played repeatedly to completion for the foreseeable future and have that undefinable element that grabs you and won't let you sleep. If not, then the Revolution has failed.
I need a new Shadow Of Chernobyl, System Shock 2 or Vampire:Bloodlines. This better be it.

Yes, I Mad.

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
Looking at the screens, I'm having trouble seeing why such a monster graphics card is needed. It's not a problem for me (I have a good card) but it's not a good sign either, as it suggests that they've done virtually no optimisation for PC.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
pokepuke said:
The difference is that computer technology has changed, while the 360 has remained the same, and the game is being ported. It's not like putting Windows on a 360 and running it from there. They are redesigning the video renderer to use the latest PC tech (well, going back several years for compatibility). If they went back to the older stuff then it would be harder to optimize and get stable. Consequently, it will look better on the PC and can scale much higher.

Notice how it says 8000 series. A 7800 would be faster than a 8400, but may have an older shader model that would transmogrify the development costs.­
­
There is no need to redesign the renderer to use the latest tech though, it's not as though Mass Effect wouldn't work on a 580GTX and while there were compatability problems with Dual Cores back in the day I'm sure this was patched without demanding the user has 3 extra cores to produce a lesser effect. If they designed it around 2005 tech the game would look vastly superior on tech a couple of years old and addmittedly only marginally better on the bleeding edge. But there's no bad there, the only disadvantage is it's easier for the developers to bodge together a quick port that's horribly horribly inefficient. That might make economic sense but it's sickening to see them lionised for producing a game that could easily run well on a 7800 GTX with a single core processor needing a Quad core and a 5850 for exactly the same effect.