Eight Guitar Hero Games in 2009?

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
I remember hearing that there wasn't going to be a Rock Band 3 this year, and that Harmonix were just going to be massively expanding the DLC list instead. This is about as opposite as you can get.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
DJ hero? where you speed up the music, tap a bass beat behind the track, then claim it as yours and get hailed as a genius by critics and get to number from the swarms of idiots buying your record.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Oh god.. They got EA syndrome.. The same happened to games like The Sims and also SPORE! BTW Guitar Hero: Metallica will be released for PS2 too!

Al_

Aug 15, 2008
The DS ones are intriguing- the "Grip" used for the DS is incompatible with the DSi (no GBA slot) so are they deveolping a new grip with a different interface, or just sticking their fingers up at anyone with a DSi?

Haru_Elric

Jan 12, 2009
I refused to buy a copy of guitar hero 3 when it was released simply off the basis that any one game that costs you 65 pounds to look like an idiot is totally not worth it. Even now it's reduced to less than half the original price, I still wont get it as it is now an outdated technology.

As for Activision, I dislike what they are doing. A popular franchise being released en-masse like this seems similar to another company... I can't remember he name... Could it be Sonic Team? Constantly re-releasing an endless stream of the blue gold (or in this case the red, green, yellow, blue and orange... gold) while the franchise is hot. Since the next gen consoles arrived there have been 10 sonic games since 2006, not including his appearances in other franchises and sub-games like that sega tennis thing.

BubbleGumSnareDrum

Dec 24, 2008
Activision is like the new EA now, and Guitar Hero is almost sickening to think about.

I never played my copies any more and got sick of watching them collect dust that I traded them in and spent the cash on a bong.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
The only thing that amazes me is how fast they have decided to milk this franchise.
If they released 1 or 2 a year then it would take longer for people to get sick of them.
Instead, they intend to shovel as much crap onto the shelves in the hope that someone will buy it on a whim.

Well done Activision.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
Sigh. This unfortunately is an example of Activision trying desperately to wring every last ounce of cash they can from the public after the success of their games (which of course, weren't originally their to begin with). One or two more games would seem reasonable but eight seems way to excessive and yes, unneccessary.

It's sad that they've chosen to go down this route. It's hard to see with such a glut of titles potentially being released how any of them will significantly differ from each other (apart from the music) or bring any innovation to the table, completely destroying the point of releasing sequels.

Luckily for me I'll just ignore them, as I've had my fun with Guitar Hero and don't plan on going back to it anytime soon, and efforts such as this don't do anything to endear myself to the franchise again.
One edit, Activsion was responsible for GH 1 and 2. They published it along WITH Harmonix. TO ALL WHO THINK ACTIVISON CANNOT MAKE A RYTHYM GAME, Harmonix made GH1/2, and Red Octane and Activison published it. All together, GH1/2 were awesome games. Now both RB and GH have lost luster. Red Octane makes awesome instruments for GH, but Neversoft isn't the best at making the game itself. RB guitars are flimsy as shit in my op, but the game play is cleaner in some places. You decide which to buy, but my point is both games haven't been their best since the split of Harmonix and Red Octane/Activison. On the subject of more GH games, I think that IF Neversoft chooses to make these games, I think that most of them (if not all) will be downloadable as song packs via DLC. My 2c here.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I hope this is all false, because if it is Harmonix will just be all the better for moving on to Rock Band. I do look forward to GH Metallica, they definately deserve a game for themselves, but otherwise it should only be DLC from now on until GH5.

Somian

May 29, 2008
Ok, that's it. i thought about getting the next guitar hero for PC, but they don't understand what makes guitar hero. I don't want to play multiple games to play different music, and i don't want more similar games every few months, so i just won't get any of them.
too bad, because this can actually be fun.

Nov 28, 2007
Xbowhyena said:
Inverse Skies said:
Sigh. This unfortunately is an example of Activision trying desperately to wring every last ounce of cash they can from the public after the success of their games (which of course, weren't originally their to begin with). One or two more games would seem reasonable but eight seems way to excessive and yes, unneccessary.

It's sad that they've chosen to go down this route. It's hard to see with such a glut of titles potentially being released how any of them will significantly differ from each other (apart from the music) or bring any innovation to the table, completely destroying the point of releasing sequels.

Luckily for me I'll just ignore them, as I've had my fun with Guitar Hero and don't plan on going back to it anytime soon, and efforts such as this don't do anything to endear myself to the franchise again.
One edit, Activsion was responsible for GH 1 and 2. They published it along WITH Harmonix. TO ALL WHO THINK ACTIVISON CANNOT MAKE A RYTHYM GAME, Harmonix made GH1/2, and Red Octane and Activison published it. All together, GH1/2 were awesome games. Now both RB and GH have lost luster. Red Octane makes awesome instruments for GH, but Neversoft isn't the best at making the game itself. RB guitars are flimsy as shit in my op, but the game play is cleaner in some places. You decide which to buy, but my point is both games haven't been their best since the split of Harmonix and Red Octane/Activison. On the subject of more GH games, I think that IF Neversoft chooses to make these games, I think that most of them (if not all) will be downloadable as song packs via DLC. My 2c here.
Actually, Red Octane didn't become a part of Activision until the 360 port of GHII. Which coincides with the decline of the series. The 360 port was probably the best of the games, and then they went downhill with GH:80's, went further with GHIII, hit bottom with Aerosmith, started to go up with GH:WT and Metallica, but now they seem determined to start digging.